Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Where do u find the values for these liquids? Like its viscosity and the amount of blocks it needs to fall?
See my first reply to you a couple of posts back, NEIIntegration lets you do a dump of all the fluid stats and I included the formulas for how to work out things like required height in the same post.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Aw. I was looking forward to playing with pethrolium.

Oh well, I can still dream of beer-powered hydros in the future. Would a lager or a stout work best for speed? :p

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Oh well, I can still dream of beer-powered hydros in the future. Would a lager or a stout work best for speed? :p
No idea what mod adds them, at least the binnies ones don't work as the fluids aren't actually placeable as blocks in the world.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
See my first reply to you a couple of posts back, NEIIntegration lets you do a dump of all the fluid stats and I included the formulas for how to work out things like required height in the same post.

Srry didnt notice u put something in a spoiler ...

So different liquids dont mean a darn to max power ....

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have any idea what the current status of Gregtech development is? How long before we can expect to see the newest version released? I'd go over to the IC2 GT forum and ask, however they claim they will ban anyone daring to ask such a question. Nice bunch of folks. LOL So I'll ask the question over here and see if anybody knows what's going on. I've decided GT is the only mod I really want to play anymore. I'm sick of every modpack only having like 6-8 ores to mine. This is called MINEcraft for a reason, damn it.

Edit: Also would appreciate feedback on which current modpacks have GT in them so I can go try them out (even if it's the older version of GT which I think is called version 5).

Check this out, I copied it from the GT forum - you might hate it, but I love it - GT is simply on another level that no other "mod" can come anywhere close to:
"There is no "pure" iron ore (anymore). With GT6, getting iron is quite difficult. You first need copper, set up a crucible and there process banded iron ore or limonite ore into iron."

Last edited:

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing some Terraria lately and I was wondering if there is a mod that grants random enchantments/buffs on tools and weapons when you make them, sort of like how Terraria does it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing some Terraria lately and I was wondering if there is a mod that grants random enchantments/buffs on tools and weapons when you make them, sort of like how Terraria does it.

I just played a pack (Modsauce2 on the AT Launcher) where you couldn't put enchantments onto your Tinker's Construct tools - you have to "level up" your tools first, and the game puts a random enchantment onto the tool, and it also can give you the opportunity to manually place a "modifier" of your choice onto the tool. But it takes a while before you can do so. It was very different from the normal way Tinker's works, but I thought it was extremely cool. I believe I was told the mod is Iguana Tweaks or something like that? Sounds exactly like what you're asking for.

Oh, and it isn't all good - random is sometimes bad. I level'ed up my sword, and then I got "Fiery" enchant at random. Since I was killing endermen for enderpearls, this was the worst enchant I could have possibly gotten - it sets mobs on fire, so every time I'd hit an Enderman, it would teleport away never to be seen again. LOL All I could do was make a new sword, start leveling it up from zero again.

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
maybe the you will die mod does what you want?
Bows, axes, and swords get a random rank from 1-5 which influences it's max bonus damage on creation. Armor gets a random rank from 1-5 which influences it's max damage reduction.
However it seems to be stuck at 1.7.2 the last time I used it in 1.7.10 it worked ok except that traps never became visible and it was also a long time ago so it might not work anymore

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

You mean like Iguana Tinker tweaks? It doesn't give you anything when freshly crafted but as you gain experience (at onset you get a point per hit on a proper target) you can gain a random buff on the tool or weapon and shortly thereafter a mining level, in the case of pickaxe or hammer, but you only get one lining level increase per tool head material.

On the plus side all the tools are easily repaired and you can replace the parts with better ones (keeping any buffs) as you can get them.

Oh, and you have to get used to a different mining material progression.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
No idea what mod adds them, at least the binnies ones don't work as the fluids aren't actually placeable as blocks in the world.
I've got a brewing mod in the books to code up, I just need the time to write it up. Fairly accurate methods, variable additives for additional effects, penalties for drinking too much, etc.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
No it's not what I am looking for. As far as I know you can't have buffs off the start.
You kind of could, lower the xp requirement so you only need 1 xp to level up and then just set it to the max level that you want bonuses and how much free modifier slots you want and you'll have weapons/tools that gain a few bonuses in the first couple of attacks/mines if not immediately on creation.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
You kind of could, lower the xp requirement so you only need 1 xp to level up and then just set it to the max level that you want bonuses and how much free modifier slots you want and you'll have weapons/tools that gain a few bonuses in the first couple of attacks/mines if not immediately on creation.
That's a pretty good idea, thanks!

Is there any way to set a variable on how many level ups are available?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
I currently use rotarycraft with reactorcraft, I intend to make a 5 by 12 matrix of boring machines.

QUESTION: What would be more system resource friendly?:

A. Installing (and learning) electriccraft to connect them to my plutonium reactors/HP turbines

B: running a large number of bedrock shafts

Last edited:

Zormuche

Jul 29, 2019
Okay hi everyone, I have a little question here

I'm having fun with turtles, but I want to give a turtle an item that will go in a specific slot
how can I do it?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Okay hi everyone, I have a little question here

I'm having fun with turtles, but I want to give a turtle an item that will go in a specific slot
how can I do it?
using turtle.select({some number}) you can change the selected slot of the turtle.
If a turtle uses a function that changes its inventory it will use the selected slot.
So for example turtle.select(2) followed by turtle.suck() will get the items into slot 2 if possible.
As expected from the fact that cc uses lua the inventory slots are numbered 1 to 16 (instead of 0 to 15 what some people expect that are not familiar with lua)

You can also use turtle.transferTo(number slot [,number quantity]) to transfer an item from one slot to another.

if my post didn't solve the problem you might find a function that you need here:
http://www.computercraft.info/wiki/Turtle_(API)