Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
There are a few machines that will produce Yellorium ingots. You can also empty the fuel out of a reactor and it will give you back Yellorium ingots. Get one of the ingots then use an MFR Unifier (doesn't require power) to automate conversion.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
There are a few machines that will produce Yellorium ingots. You can also empty the fuel out of a reactor and it will give you back Yellorium ingots. Get one of the ingots then use an MFR Unifier (doesn't require power) to automate conversion.

I've actually just done that and came back to edit in my solution. I didn't think that Uranium could turn into Yellowrium but it seems I can easily automate it this way.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Unless things have changed I believe Jabba barrels do the same thing... Put the item you want to convert to in the barrel first and all equivalent ore-dictionaried items will be converted to that type.

Very helpful, as I've had packs with 4 or 5 different types of copper :D

Reactions: Type1Ninja

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesn't my pick have a mining XP on it? I have the option enabled. And here is the config that it is running. It has Skill XP but mining XP does not show up.

Attachments

• IguanaTinkerTweaks.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 57

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesn't my pick have a mining XP on it? I have the option enabled. And here is the config that it is running. It has Skill XP but mining XP does not show up.
Never mind, apparently even after you replace the pick head you still can't boost a wooden pick.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
question:

ender io travel anchor. I always end up building too many of these. I was wondering if there's a way to color code them. Say you step on one that's dyed red and it only shows red anchors. Or this one is blue... etc. Is there a way to do this? Or does this belong in the "things you'd add to a mod" thread?

Shandraya

Jul 29, 2019
QUESTION

Sounds ridiculous but I only know the basics and a little more.
Since the Buildcraft update you no longer require wooden fluid pipes and engine to pump from tanks....so how can I set it up so I have control over whether fluid travels down that pipe?

I don't understand how gates work or even if that is the road I need to go down, If it is can you recommend good tutorial as I can't find any decent ones on you tube and just trial and error is getting me nowhere. I thought emerald fluid pipes only let fluid through if it had power but that doesn't work either, fluid just goes through either way.
Aaaaah, I feel do dumb and frustrated :/ It's got to be simple right!?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
An Iron Gate (either AND or OR here, either would work) should be able to close off and reopen pipelines if you need to. For example, Redstone signal On - Pipe Closed, Redstone Signal Off - Pipe Open. As for tanks not needing wooden pipes anymore, that's nice to know.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You'll need to make sure the pattern terminal is in Proccesing mode, not crafting. (should have a furnace not a crafting table).

EDIT: and you'll also want a logic processor to tell the AE system what to expect.

Shandraya

Jul 29, 2019
An Iron Gate (either AND or OR here, either would work) should be able to close off and reopen pipelines if you need to. For example, Redstone signal On - Pipe Closed, Redstone Signal Off - Pipe Open. As for tanks not needing wooden pipes anymore, that's nice to know.

I've tried this so many times and watched tutorials but I can't get the pipe to only open if I give it a redstone signal. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
I have the left slot 'redstone signal on' and the right slot 'open'. But it is open even without the signal. The gate only closes the pipe if the right slot is set as closed with no instruction in the left slot. I tried setting the left slot to tank full and right slot open but even with a bucket full in the tank it still opened.
I want to be able to control it from a room above :/ not have to keep going down to manually edit the gate

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I've tried this so many times and watched tutorials but I can't get the pipe to only open if I give it a redstone signal. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
I have the left slot 'redstone signal on' and the right slot 'open'. But it is open even without the signal. The gate only closes the pipe if the right slot is set as closed with no instruction in the left slot. I tried setting the left slot to tank full and right slot open but even with a bucket full in the tank it still opened.
I want to be able to control it from a room above :/ not have to keep going down to manually edit the gate
That's why you need an iron one, and to specifically state the condition. In this case Redstone signal on > Open Pipe, Redstone signal Off > Close pipe. Both are needed.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
There a special block called an auto-seive which you use instead of the AA + Seive combo. Ex Astris disables the interaction between AA and seive (and the hammer too iirc)

EDIT: It's actually called the Automatic Seive, I get so used to just shorthanding it as auto-seive XD

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
question:

ender io travel anchor. I always end up building too many of these. I was wondering if there's a way to color code them. Say you step on one that's dyed red and it only shows red anchors. Or this one is blue... etc. Is there a way to do this? Or does this belong in the "things you'd add to a mod" thread?
If you right-click on a travel anchor, you can give it a name that will be rendered above the anchor's icon in-world when you stand on another anchor. Alternatively, you can place an item in the anchor's inventory slot, and that item will be rendered in place of the usual travel anchor icon.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
If you right-click on a travel anchor, you can give it a name that will be rendered above the anchor's icon in-world when you stand on another anchor. Alternatively, you can place an item in the anchor's inventory slot, and that item will be rendered in place of the usual travel anchor icon.
Yes but if you have more than a couple line up it becomes difficult to choose the right one. Hence a way to separate them would be nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yes but if you have more than a couple line up it becomes difficult to choose the right one. Hence a way to separate them would be nice

Hm. The only suggestions I can make are to either not position your travel anchors so that they're lined up like that, or use a different mod to handle teleportation.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

I ran into the same issue ... but just decide the easiest solution is to just jump to the first and then on to the second. Does not take a lot of time

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So what does it mean when the sun moves across the sky like this: normal for 5 seconds, then sun position jumps backwards about 4 seconds worth of movement, normal for 5 seconds, then jumps backwards... over and over. Terrible lag, basically. But the server operator can't figure out what's causing it, I guess he went to everybody's base and used Opis to look for "red chunks" (which I guess is an indication of laggy chunks). He didn't find any, but we've got the sun doing it's "two steps forward, one step back" thing for 2 real days now. Server has become almost unplayable and it's sad. It's not an FTB modpack (Modsauce2) so this isn't a pack-specific question but more of a general one... what do we do now? Problem seems like it might be with the Aroma1997 Mining World dimension, anyone have any negative experiences with that mod, perchance?

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Server lag can be hard to diagnose. I would start by getting all of the players off or into an area that isn't normally chunk loaded. Then go around breaking chunk loaders, quarries, pumps, etc. Wait about 5 minutes between breaking each one. There is a delay after the player moves out of the area before that area is unloaded. Use this to at least locate the persons base that is causing the issue. Start with what that person might have changed recently.

Some of the stuff I have seen in the past includes Steve's factory manager (poor programming loop). And I was one that actually made this mistake. Also, AE2 told to autocraft an item in an export bus but it doesn't have the raw materials to create the item. Neither of these showed up with opis.

Failing that, make a copy of the world. The using that copy go into the person base and start destroying blocks/machines until you find the problem. Once you know what the problem is then go back to original world and figure out the best solution to fix the issue.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Install Sampler from here:

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820

It's in the second spoiler in the OP

Open the file it generates with VisualVM and see which thread is hogging resources...

BUT I get the same jerky sky and it's caused by "Can't keep up errors", basically the server is jumping ticks to keep up to the gameclock. Been searching for months for the cause, no luck

Reactions: asb3pe