Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
In setting up a Blood Altar in Infinity, I seem to be stuck. I want to Runes of Augmented Capacity to my altar, but to do so, I need a Magician's Blood Orb. This costs 25,000 LP, yet my altar can only hold 10,000 LP. How do I get past this?

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just start the ritual/thing and keep adding more and more LP while it's working?

I'm not able to heal quickly enough to keep up I believe. I also have a spawner with minotaurs right next to the altar, but even with an Octadic Capacitor, they wouldn't spawn fast enough.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm not able to heal quickly enough to keep up I believe. I also have a spawner with minotaurs right next to the altar, but even with an Octadic Capacitor, they wouldn't spawn fast enough.
Then either throw in some runes of self-sacrifice and make yourself some incense and health potions (or items from other mods that can heal you), or make runes of sacrifice and let your minotaur spawner buffer a bunch of mobs before you start crafting your orb. And don't use speed runes; those just make it harder to keep up.

Reactions: Knux897

ChrisPikula

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some issue with Advanced miners that I don't understand? Here's an example: I updated infinity (stock) from 1.8.2 to 1.10.1 and now my Advanced miners require an 'off' lever instead of an 'on' lever, and suck down infinite EU, while saying they hold a full charge. (Or at least, A single drained 3 MFE's dry when I was trying to troubleshoot it).

Edit: So with 3 msfu's and a stupid amount of x-former upgrades in the advanced miner, I've gotten it to slowly charge. Electric-wrenching it off show's that it's gained ~1 eu for charge for every 100 that I've dumped into it. Given that it needs ~3.7 million for a full charge (from the wiki), that means I've got to dump 370 MILLION EU into it for it to *start* mining?

My guess is that there's some sort of finicky IC2 setting that got messed up. How can I fix this?

Last Edit (And still in B4 moderation approval!) Seems that an IC2 Build broke the Advanced miner in multiple ways, including massively increased energy drain, inability to mine, inverted red stone behaviour, etc. On the IC2 Mantis Bug-tracker, it is currently still broken. CURSES.

Last edited:

PrazeMelone

Jul 29, 2019
Might be a stupid question, but what are the various ways to get ingots in AG2? Right now I know you can sieve them and grow them using Agricraft seeds, but I'm not aware of any other method.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a known issue in the dw20 pack (1.7.10) between jabba barrels and ae2 storage buses?
Unless the 1.6.1 update broke something No. But I think (been about 1.5 update since I used them) you need to connect to the bottom or top

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Question!
I am using FTB Infinity pack version 1.90
everything seems okay so far as in no major problems. My minor problem is with forestry tree farms and the lack of saplings they produce. I am trying to power my non critical base machines (i.e. squeezers,fermenters,buildcraft stuff) using biofuel > ethanol > steam boiler. I am stuck on the biofuel part in that I cannot produce enough saplings to keep up the ethanol production for the boiler. I put in oak saplings and they turn into unknown apple oak saplings when they drop from the tree as it is cut. In a test world I am running 5 small tree farms and theres still no surplus of saplings and the biofuel production is very slow. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to get into bees/tree breeding to get the trees that prduce a lot of saplings when they are cut?

P.s. I do not want to use MFR for this and steves carts is a maybe although making a decent tree farm with it will be costly and I lack resources atm.
Any help is welcome, just want to know what is going on more then making biofuel now hehe. Thanks all

This is by design. You will need to get into tree breeding with forestry to increase the sapling drop rate. Also, some trees are better than others. You may want to do some research about tree breading or use some other tree farm for this. When forestry and railcraft went down this route I want to solid fueled boilers instead of liquid. But I could see it being a good challenge to get the increased drop rate needed to run a boiler.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
No pure-bred tree is ideal for ethanol production. A good starter tree is the Blue mahoe, whose saplings are extremely sappy, and has a decent amount of leaves. I'd suggest breeding this with Balsa as a first step, to try give the Balsa's high Sapling rate to the Blue Mahoe, along with A vanilla tree to give faster growth of the sapling, optionally make this an oak to let the Blue mahoe give you some apples too.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I built a tier-2 draconic core and i'm filling it up as we speak.

If I deactivate it to add new tiers, will I lose the stored power?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Here's a little conundrum for you...

I'm using AE to automate production of ender energy conduits from enderIO.

Simple setup with an ME Interface on the Alloy Smelter with recipes for energetic and vibrant alloys encoded onto it.

The energetic alloy works fine. The vibrant alloy has one tiny little issue:

Once the system exports more than 16 ender pearls, it fills up the third slot on the alloy smelter's GUI and makes an invalid recipe. Now, I can avoid this by just keeping my crafting requests below a certain threshold, but ultimately it's an engineering challenge i'd like to overcome....

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a little conundrum for you...

I'm using AE to automate production of ender energy conduits from enderIO.

Simple setup with an ME Interface on the Alloy Smelter with recipes for energetic and vibrant alloys encoded onto it.

The energetic alloy works fine. The vibrant alloy has one tiny little issue:

Once the system exports more than 16 ender pearls, it fills up the third slot on the alloy smelter's GUI and makes an invalid recipe. Now, I can avoid this by just keeping my crafting requests below a certain threshold, but ultimately it's an engineering challenge i'd like to overcome....
Is blocking mode not a thing anymore? I mean it's been a while since I actually tried to automate stuff with AE but I remember having issues and it being the trick, can't remember if that was the actual name but feature was that the interface would wait until it's target was empty before putting the next recipe worth of items in, very useful for the more complex stuff like that.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, when you have machines that require multiple ingredients and multiple items from that machine are required for crafting the same recipe it is sometimes easier to use multiple machines. Also, there is enough items require the output of the alloy smelter that you will probably need a 2nd one anyway.

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Does ProjectE cap out at 1.7 billion EMC by default? I cant seem to add anything to the tablet or table once I have hit the mark.

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
Since there's no good reason that I should be able to put an XP Boost enchantment on a fishing rod, is there any way to alter which items an enchantment is allowed on?

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
In Infinity 1.8.2, smelting Yellorium dust creates Uranium Ingots from Advanced Solar Panels. I checked NEI, and the recipes for Yellowium ingots and Uranium Ingots are the same, although I'm still only getting the Uranium. How do I go about fixing this, or is there even a way to fix it?