Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
We built a RFTools void dimension, and as soon as we placed some grass insane amounts of wolves started spawning. Do anyone know of a way to make them stop? Mugnum Torch only works for hostile mobs, right?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
First, can you check your dim settings? I suspect you've got Twilight Forest installed, and that you went with a random biome--which results in you getting a Dark Forest biome for your void world.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
It tell me "Ocean" in the debug screen. But that is maybe not what defines the biome of the dimlet?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible to get modified mob spawning in RFTools dimensions randomly. You would need to use the RFTools debug thing to see all the specifics. I don't remember off-hand what it was exactly.

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
So there is no item I can place? I guess I could make a setup to kill them as soon as they pop up, but it would leave stuff all over the ground.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You can always insert a Peaceful dimlet to stop aggressive spawns...

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, we don't want to rebuild as we have worked quite a lot on the build. Also, it is not hostile spawns that are the problem, it is wolves. If it was like 1 every 10 minutes, it would be no biggie, but every time we arrive back home, we have 30+ wolves around the grass areas.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, we don't want to rebuild as we have worked quite a lot on the build. Also, it is not hostile spawns that are the problem, it is wolves. If it was like 1 every 10 minutes, it would be no biggie, but every time we arrive back home, we have 30+ wolves around the grass areas.

Create a new dimension with the No Animals dimlet.
Then move the content of the current dimension in the folder of the new dimension.

You don't have to remake the dimension. Just get the no animals dimlet and add it to the existing dimension.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Since nobody seemed to mention it try sneak right clicking with the complete dimension tab, it will tell you everything that makes up your world. What you're specifically looking for is if it randomly gave you wolf spawns which would cause packs of wolves to spawns there regardless of normal rules, it's also significant because assuming I'm remembering correctly mob dimlets override things like no animal or peaceful dimlets so you can do stuff like have worlds for specific mobs or whatever so if it did give you wolf dimlets adding peaceful or anything is likely useless.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Going into peaceful in regular Minecraft doesn't let wolves spawn cause of the potential that they could turn into angry wolves. Just throwing that out there

Sent from my ipotato

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
They sounds way to expensive for what they say they provide. That's it.
But since I've heard that I'm not allowed to speak about any other host there, I guess I can't give name.

This sentence made no sense... Are you saying we aren't allowed to talk of server hosts other than creeperhost?

Sent from my ipotato

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Why all of a sudden do my golems ignore chunk loaders and stop working when I go a distance away? Could it be Optifine? Because strangely enough, a few months ago, it caused magnum torches to stop functioning. I think it makes changes to mobs spawning habits...or something.

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
Going into peaceful in regular Minecraft doesn't let wolves spawn cause of the potential that they could turn into angry wolves. Just throwing that out there

Sent from my ipotato

This is not true. It just makes them not attack you when you hurt them, as of the minecraft wiki.

I solved the issue btw. As of RFT version 3.20, it is possible to remove mob dimlets from a world by adding a "default mob spawn" dimlet in the editor. This does not work in the current rftools version which is 2.91, so I had to update to the 3.20 version, add the dimlet, and then downgrade it again. This however, caused compability issues, so I just copied the RFTools dimension files to my backup and used that. I think it worked like a charm, as the wolves are gone, and I have yet to experience any bugs/corruption related to this.