Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I am downloading it ATM and I just wanted to know of any problems before I committed fully. So Minecraft does work with it and I heard it was faster for some games and general browsing

Sent from my ipotato

The only problem keeping me from updating my desktop is that MSoft axed Windows Media Center. I use a network based cable TV tuner so instead of wasting our money on HD televisions we just use our computers, which also function as nearly infinitely expandable DVRs.

I have updated a 6 year old laptop and a netbook the same age to Win10 successfully, but until my Cable tuner manufacturer releases their WMC replacement software in October, I'm stuck.

As Type1Ninja said, Java-based minecraft and mods work just fine on Win10, with maybe even a better framerate. The MC "Win 10 beta" he mentions which is free for licensed Minecraft owners is a slightly rewritten version of MCPE, which I refer to as "C++ MC" to differentiate.

Its' gonna be a while before it replaces modded MC, if ever, but it does right now allow up to 8 players on a LAN (Wi-Fi or wired) that allows PCs and XBox to work together. MCPE will eventually match the functionality of "Win10 MC", allowing consoles, tablets and phones to play together, assuming capable hardware.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
How do I change an Xbox gamertag from my computer? I don't have an Xbox and windows gave me a random tag that I had no control over.... And I really don't want to known as uvularhorse

Sent from my ipotato

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

Ka1s3rW1lh3lm

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I am trying to set up a server for me and my friends. Well, everything goes fine except when I run the ServerStart.bat file. Everything loads but it stops at "Loading NEI". But, when I go to multiplayer it says the server is up. But I can't seem to connect. It keeps saying "Failed to Connect: Bad Login". If anyone knows any way to fix this, I'd love to know. Thanks.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How do I change an Xbox gamertag from my computer? I don't have an Xbox and windows gave me a random tag that I had no control over.... And I really don't want to known as uvularhorse

Sent from my ipotato
A yodeling equine. Hah.

I'm interested, too.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

This took me by surprise a few years ago when I did some closed-beta testing for a Microsoft game, I think it's now "Age of Empires On-line".

I was assigned "TilledPython", although "EducatedDonkey" would've been more apropos... :D The only console I owned (and still do) is my SEGA Genesis so I thought my Microsoft Account (I do other beta testing) had been linked to someone else's.

When I updated to Windows 10 on my laptop last week I downloaded the new beta Minecraft for Win10 and somewhere found the instructions.

1). Go to "Xbox.com". Log on using your email address and password.
2). Go to "Support/Manage Account/Update" to change your information.

If it were me, I'd go with Lestosos' "Yodeling Horse, or maybe "Yodeling Pony", but I'm twisted :D

Anything is better than "Agrarian Snake"...

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
This took me by surprise a few years ago when I did some closed-beta testing for a Microsoft game, I think it's now "Age of Empires On-line".

I was assigned "TilledPython", although "EducatedDonkey" would've been more apropos... :D The only console I owned (and still do) is my SEGA Genesis so I thought my Microsoft Account (I do other beta testing) had been linked to someone else's.

When I updated to Windows 10 on my laptop last week I downloaded the new beta Minecraft for Win10 and somewhere found the instructions.

1). Go to "Xbox.com". Log on using your email address and password.
2). Go to "Support/Manage Account/Update" to change your information.

If it were me, I'd go with Lestosos' "Yodeling Horse, or maybe "Yodeling Pony", but I'm twisted :D

Anything is better than "Agrarian Snake"...
"Agrarian Skies Snakes 3," the sequel to the critically acclaimed modpacks Agrarian Skies and Agrarian Skies 2, has been confirmed for development. Speculation exists that it'll be like snakes on a plane, except with islands instead of planes. Nobody knows what that means, but I guess we'll find out. ;)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
How does the forge lexicon work? It doesn't seem to do anything when I mine, smelt. Put in chests or anything. The materials just stay their respective mod and don't change. I have set all my preferences but it isn't doing anything.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
How does the forge lexicon work? It doesn't seem to do anything when I mine, smelt. Put in chests or anything. The materials just stay their respective mod and don't change. I have set all my preferences but it isn't doing anything.
Did you empower it? Should just have to hit v or something but it can be turned on and off so it doesn't always convert and defaults to off.

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
So I've got a Buildcraft refinery set up like so: (see attachment)

There are 4 combustion engines connect by an oil pipe in the middle, with kinesis connectING them to the refinery overhead.

The problem is, only one of the machines on either side of the oil pipe are supplying power to the refinery. Why would that be happening, and would it be better to lay them out horizontally?

Attachments

• 2015-08-08_19.16.59.png
    2015-08-08_19.16.59.png
    344.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So I've got a Buildcraft refinery set up like so: (see attachment)

There are 4 combustion engines connect by an oil pipe in the middle, with kinesis connectING them to the refinery overhead.

The problem is, only one of the machines on either side of the oil pipe are supplying power to the refinery. Why would that be happening, and would it be better to lay them out horizontally?
For one thing, it looks like you're using cobblestone kinesis pipes, which can only transfer 80 RF/t. Each combustion engine (on refined fuel, at least; not sure about raw oil) produces 50 RF/t, so at 200 RF/t total, you're way over the limit. Try upgrading the kinesis pipes to quartz, which, if I remember correctly, can transfer 320 RF/t.

Is there a mod like minetweaker but for fishing?
SquidUtils has the ability to mess with almost everything in the game, including fishing products.

Haydenman2

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing Sky Factory 2, and I am trying to make taint in a sort of secure Biosphere so that I can get things like Forbidden Magic's Tainted Shard and also honestly it will just look cool. Anyway, how can I produce Tainted Land biome out of nothing?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quick Pneumaticraft question - is picking up a drone (with a drill) and losing all the upgrades a normal 'feature'? - I was not impressed when I loaded up max upgrades and discovered they were gone .... I thought I may have missed the drops so I put 2 speed upgrades in and did it again ... only to lose them as well

Edit - I am doing this after 1.6.1 update on DW20 pack, have not done drones previously

Last edited:

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Is there a simple way to hide a particular block on NEI in FTBInfinity?

I want to hide all the mob spawners whose ID starts with 52:*

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
Someone Else got it right; it works fine with golden transport pipes.

Now, another question: Does Infinity offer a better way to find strongholds than using Eyes of Ender?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
So I'm playing Sky Factory 2, and I am trying to make taint in a sort of secure Biosphere so that I can get things like Forbidden Magic's Tainted Shard and also honestly it will just look cool. Anyway, how can I produce Tainted Land biome out of nothing?
The best way to do this is to put a node in the biosphere then toss a bottle of taint or two around it. If you manage to land the bottle near enuough the node, it'll either get tainted directly, or put in a tainted lands biome. And we all know what happens to a node that spends too much time in tainted lands (unless it's a pure node)

EDIT: Yes you could just throw bottles of taint around, but they won't cause the taint to spread that quickly without a node driving it on.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure there's an easy solution to this, but I can't seem to find it. How do I block an Applied Energistics 2 Cable from connecting to something?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure there's an easy solution to this, but I can't seem to find it. How do I block an Applied Energistics 2 Cable from connecting to something?
Cable Anchors. :D
Place one down on one of the cables in between the two you don't want to connect. For symmetry's sake, you may also want to put a second anchor on the OTHER cable, just so it looks nice. ;)

Reactions: Knux897

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Or if it is two different cables, you can also paint them two different colours. But if it's a machine and a cable, I think the only way is cable anchoring.

Reactions: Type1Ninja