Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quick Pneumaticraft question - is picking up a drone (with a drill) and losing all the upgrades a normal 'feature'? - I was not impressed when I loaded up max upgrades and discovered they were gone .... I thought I may have missed the drops so I put 2 speed upgrades in and did it again ... only to lose them as well

Edit - I am doing this after 1.6.1 update on DW20 pack, have not done drones previously

I think I got this slightly wrong - the drone is not losing the upgrades when I pick it up ....it is not retaining the upgrades in the first place. I have worked this out due to the fact that I have inserted a large number of dispenser upgrades ( 3 times) and it has not been able to pick up more than a stack of items. And that this is before I pick up the drone and look to find there are no upgrades (all those I placed in, Security, Volume, Speed, Dispenser & Item Life gone).

Is there a trick or is the mod broken?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Or if it is two different cables, you can also paint them two different colours. But if it's a machine and a cable, I think the only way is cable anchoring.
I saw someone use IC2 painter to paint AE machines and cables. I think it was AE1 but maybe it still works. Maybe other color painters would work, too.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So I'm playing Sky Factory 2, and I am trying to make taint in a sort of secure Biosphere so that I can get things like Forbidden Magic's Tainted Shard and also honestly it will just look cool. Anyway, how can I produce Tainted Land biome out of nothing?
Bottled Taint is probably the fastest way if you can get your hands on it, but if you just throw some really expensive stuff into a Crucible (or several stacks of crafting tables) and let it overflow, the resulting flux goo will very slowly turn the biome into Tainted Lands and even create some tainted fibers to help spread it.

Is there a simple way to hide a particular block on NEI in FTBInfinity?

I want to hide all the mob spawners whose ID starts with 52:*
One way to do that is to go into NEI's item subsets menu (the button at the top middle of the screen) and disable the appropriate items by double-clicking them (or right-clicking or something) in that menu. You can disable whole subsets the same way, too.

Reactions: Plasmaboo

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
How memory-heavy is the BC quarry?

I just added aroma's mining world and I have a quarry running there. If I start another in the deep dark, another under my base and a fourth in the nether, and have them all running at once, will it kill my shiny new PC?

For reference, we're talking i7 devil's canyon, 8GB radeon sapphire R9 390X, latest version of java, FTB given 4GB out of my oodles of RAM.

Will it blend?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Its a matter of chunk loading and flowing lava/water. The BC quarry chunk loads the entire area it operates in and as it removes blocks it will cause flowing water/lava updates. The ender quarry only chunk loads itself and the chunk it is currently mining in. It also replaces blocks removed with dirt so there are no updates to the water/lava. As for how it will impact your machine.... Try it.... If it starts to lag go break the quarry.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I know very little about plugins or how they work, so forgive me for my ignorance on this subject.

I've tried adding plugins such as WorldGuard to my server, but no plugins that I've added have taken actually been implemented. So here are a few questions:

1. Does a server need Bukkit to have plugins? I remember successfully adding plugins to FTB Unleashed a while ago, but they never worked for Monster or my server now (Infinity 1.8.2)

2. Do the plugins need to match with the correct version of Minecraft? (I believe Infinity is 1.7?)

3. My server host gives me the option to automatically install plugins. Could this be faulty and this be my problem?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion, Tectonic Petrotheum? What is this for and why is it in the mod?

Here's one useful wiki entry I found: Tectonic Petrotheum has no known uses in crafting.

Also, what are Mana Infused Ingots used for (which I guess is also known as Nether Mithril Ore since that's where I found it)?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Thermal Expansion, Tectonic Petrotheum? What is this for and why is it in the mod?

Here's one useful wiki entry I found: Tectonic Petrotheum has no known uses in crafting.

Also, what are Mana Infused Ingots used for (which I guess is also known as Nether Mithril Ore since that's where I found it)?

An upcoming mod that doesn't exist yet.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
What modpack has Millenaire in it?

Multiple answers is good, I am specifically looking for either an adventure-based modpack or a magic-based one but if neither of those are available a list of the other kinds of modpacks with Millenaire works fine.

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
It's not, it's in Thermal Foundation.

Right now the only use is a very difficult to control way of mining a crapton at once, as it breaks any stone or ores it touches (not sure of how exactly it determines what blocks to break). It's mostly just there for future plans of KingLemming's.

Reactions: Padfoote

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
It's not, it's in Thermal Foundation.

Right now the only use is a very difficult to control way of mining a crapton at once, as it breaks any stone or ores it touches (not sure of how exactly it determines what blocks to break). It's mostly just there for future plans of KingLemming's.
Facepalm. You have Thermal Foundation. Thermal Expansion. Thermal Dynamics. It's going to be another mod in the Thermal Family

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. I was scratching my head wondering 'why put the items in the game if they have no use yet, why not wait until it's ready?', but then I realized that this is probably done for our benefit - so the "worldgen" ores are in-place ahead of time, and we won't run into a problem where "you're gonna have to either start a new world or go out far enough so you're loading new chunks" to get the raw materials for the new stuff.

I did get kinda excited to find this mysterious "Mithril" Ore, visions of exotic armor types dancing in my head... only to find out that's all it is right now - imaginary. :) But it certainly hints strongly of some new cool stuff in the future, so that's a good thing indeed...

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. I was scratching my head wondering 'why put the items in the game if they have no use yet, why not wait until it's ready?', but then I realized that this is probably done for our benefit - so the "worldgen" ores are in-place ahead of time, and we won't run into a problem where "you're gonna have to either start a new world or go out far enough so you're loading new chunks" to get the raw materials for the new stuff.
Yeah it's fine. Like when I saw Blitz and everything added I got excited knowing that we are gonna get new stuff.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Right now the only use is a very difficult to control way of mining a crapton at once, as it breaks any stone or ores it touches (not sure of how exactly it determines what blocks to break).
If the block is specified as material "stone" it breaks. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Materials

Spawners are in that category in case you wanted to be careful.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
As another note there is technically another use for tectonic petrotheum, it's one of the best liquids for use with rotarycraft hydrokinetics. That's the only serious use I've found for it at least, for mining it's fairly messy and problematic.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
You have all forgotten the real use for all these liquids - tectonic petrotheum, zephyrous aerotheum, gelid cryotheum, and blazing pyrotheum.

Trolling.
Mueheheheheheheheheheheheheh...

And, of course, decorating your base with awesome liquids, some of which give some pretty cool potion effects, which is nice for not needing to brew.