Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
+McJty what exactly happens if you get stuck?
2nd of all, which mod do you write?
1st, I don't know exactly but I'm pretty sure you will die, unless you have a certain thingy that keeps you alive as long as its battery doesn't run out
2nd, Look at his signature :p

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
+McJty what exactly happens if you get stuck?
2nd of all, which mod do you write?

I made RFTools :)

If the dimension runs out of power first the dimension will go darker and you will get bad effects. Finally when it is completely drained the dimension collapses and you die immediately. The dimension will also freeze, all entities stop ticking.

Reactions: Padfoote

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Ws far as I am concerned both mods suffer the drawback of not being able to delete dimensions with a legit in game method. I know RFTools has an admin command that can do it (safedimdelete?). But no in game method that doesn't require you to turn on cheat mode to issue a command.
Also I don't know what Dire's fascination with pure voids is... It's almost a bit concerning.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: yotus and Padfoote

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ws far as I am concerned both mods suffer the drawback of not being able to delete dimensions with a legit in game method. I know RFTools has an admin command that can do it (safedimdelete?). But no in game method that doesn't require you to turn on cheat mode to issue a command.
Also I don't know what Dire's fascination with pure voids is... It's almost a bit concerning.

Well void worlds *are* good for performance. Both servers and client.

yotus

Jul 29, 2019

He clearly said in one of his last LP's that he loves void worlds, because it "should" prevent DireWiring and also that he could plan more easily where he wants to build what.

Reactions: Valo

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but it doesn't actually do that. I think he just has an unnatural fixation with pure nothing.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
But truth be told, I HATE the idea of Dire making a new base, I want him to stay where he is, and come to think of it the wiring in Dire's overworld base is already much much better than his season 6 overworld base. Applied Energistics cables are the only thing that really needs cleaning up, and that's pretty easy.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
His wiring would be much better if he used more of the EnderIO ME cables, instead of wiring for miles alongside power cables for no good reason.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I do wish he would stop half-assing his base.
I mean, he has been convinced to put some "good" looking buildings on the surface. And they leave a lot to be desired, but he has tried.
But then, underground a complete warren of tunnels and unfinished rooms - Dirt cobble and smooth stone being the order of the day. I mean - at the very least trim it out to be all smooth stone. Put iron doors in to give access to the 'hidden' wiring.
And tidy up the open block elevators a bit so they look like an elevator, not just a discoloured floor tile.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Mental note, never let chris becke into my base, aka Cobbleton.

Give me a supply of blocks and long enough to research up to a Focus: Equal Trade and I'll sort that out for you :p

Ironically, while I find detailing my own base to be quite tedious, if someone else has a 'functional' base I'm more than happy to pimp it up.

Reactions: Pyure

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I find I prefer to hide entrances completely with carpenters doors. Always in the north east corners of the room, so I never wander around wondering where the door is.