Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
It's not like RFTools dimensions suck. It's that Chris Becke said that he really wouldn't mind seeing MystCraft removed from the pack, and I believe it should NOT be done.

Also, You have to generate random dimensions in RFTools too, to get your dimlets.

That's not true. You can get all your dimlets with a good enderman farm. Also you find dimlets in chests in the overworld.

Reactions: sivina

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I prefer RF Tools for my SSP, but Mystcraft actually makes more sense for a server, if properly cared for. By that I mean, do what they do on Forgecraft and set up a 'mining age', then disable recipes for player creation of dimensions. For that matter, a server owner could simply disable the mod. Regardless, it's a kitchen sink pack, the point is to be inclusive of mods, not the reverse.

You can do that with RFTools too. It is easy to disable the dimension builder recipe so it can only be gotten by admins.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
Chris Becke said that he really wouldn't mind MystCraft being removed from the pack.

But Mystcraft can really stay. However, back in the old mystcraft for MC 1.2.5, writing dimensions was much easier, but on the other hand, instability causes the age to literally fall apart. Now mystcraft just causes potion effects instead of physically degenerating the age if there is instability. I wonder if RFTools has instability?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Chris Becke said that he really wouldn't mind MystCraft being removed from the pack.

But Mystcraft can really stay. However, back in the old mystcraft for MC 1.2.5, writing dimensions was much easier, but on the other hand, instability causes the age to literally fall apart. Now mystcraft just causes potion effects instead of physically degenerating the age if there is instability. I wonder if RFTools has instability?

Normally not. There are two situations where you could have bad effects:

1. You forgot to specify that you want no bad effects and a bad effect randomly got generated. Very easy to avoid this by just adding the craftable 'Effects None' dimlet.
  2. Your dimension doesn't have enough power. When a dimension power buffer gets below 10% bad effects start happening (poison, hunger, ...). To avoid this just make sure your dimension is always full of power.
Other then those two things you don't have bad effects in rftools dimensions.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
What i mean when I mentioned the tragic instability of the old Mystcraft ages is that the blocks start to fall apart and disappear until a whole lot of blocks have left the world,and eventually the age shall degenerate completely. Just clarifying what I meant by the age degenerating in my previous post.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
My whole point here is that Dire should, if he wants to build a void age base, use Myst.

I actually think that Dire20's base is very impressive and really cool and really big, and and the old unnecessary enderIO conduits can easily be removed. BC builders also help with base remodeling quite a bit.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

I'm kinda with Chris on this. I've found that the age system in RFTools is brilliantly done and far easier to learn, and it offers more than a confusing dimension system coupled with a computer crippling profiling system. Plus, the various blocks and such McJty has created are extremely helpful.

Reactions: sivina and McJty

Duo

Jul 29, 2019
What version of logistics pipes do you add? I want to do this but in my cursory searches felt like I wasn't finding the correct one.

Also, for a void age, I'm surprised dire doesn't just use the one from extra utilities.

The most enraging thing about the pack?
NO LOGISTICS PIPES!!!!
Logistics pipes wasn't so good when it only worked with stupid buildcraft pipes, but now they look different from BC pipes and work with thermal dynamics itemducts, which are WAAAAY better because warp itemducts move items INSTANTLY, making it comparable to the speed of Applied Energistics. I always add LP when I play.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
In the extra utilities void age, it's called the "Deep Dark", if you go in the dark you'll get hurt. Not that you can't use hyperenergetic nitor and get everlasting protection from that effect.
For Logistics Pipes, just look online for the download, particularly for logisticspipes-0.9.1.15 For MC 1.7.10. The pipes don't look like build craft pipes anymore, they are larger and LP now even has its own basic connector pipe called Unrouted Transport Pipe, which I sometimes use, but I like TD ducts better because items can't fall out of them [and Warp Ducts :) ]

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
In the extra utilities void age, if you go in the dark you'll get hurt.
For Logistics Pipes, just look online for the download, particularly for logistics pipes-0.9.1.15 for Minecraft 1.7.10

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
In the extra utilities void age, it's called the "Deep Dark", if you go in the dark you'll get hurt. Not that you can't use hyperenergetic nitor and get everlasting protection from that effect.
For Logistics Pipes, just look online for the download, particularly for logisticspipes-0.9.1.15 For MC 1.7.10. The pipes don't look like build craft pipes anymore, they are larger and LP now even has its own basic connector pipe called Unrouted Transport Pipe, which I sometimes use, but I like TD ducts better because items can't fall out of them [and Warp Ducts :) ]
Incorrect info on the ExU dimensions. The deep dark is a mining dimension it adds, but it also adds a void dimension called the Last Millenium.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Deep Dark is for mining, and is nothing like a void dimension.

I'm kinda with Chris on this. I've found that the age system in RFTools is brilliantly done and far easier to learn, and it offers more than a confusing dimension system coupled with a computer crippling profiling system. Plus, the various blocks and such McJty has created are extremely helpful.
What is the RFTools one like?

EDIT: no auto-merging posts. Curse pls fix kappa

Last edited by a moderator: