Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
'Tis understandabile why thou mayest think that RFTools dimension building system is easier to learne, and that mayeth be because the dimlets look lesse arcaene, smaller and lesse intimidating thaen the big mystcraft pages, close together on the screen in a big GUI. But I woulde stille say that 'tis not hard to learn. Mystcraft, in facte, be abowt as easy to learne as RFtools, even in the 1450's when moost people were illiteraete.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
But Myst should stay, 'cause even if you don't use it, it doesn't do much bad to you.

Except the profiling, which does whatever it wants and consumes system resources like candy. I'm not going to boot MC and walk away for an hour so Mystcraft can profile the ore gen every single time I want to play. I get the purpose of it, but it's so broken it makes the entire mod pointless for me or anyone that doesn't want to put up with that.
'Tis understandabile why thou mayest think that RFTools dimension building system is easier to learne, and that mayeth be because the dimlets look lesse arcaene, smaller and lesse intimidating thaen the big mystcraft pages, close together on the screen in a big GUI. But I woulde stille say that 'tis not hard to learn. Mystcraft, in facte, be abowt as easy to learne as RFtools, even in the 1450's when moost people were illiteraete.

A) Visual differences between pages and dimlets mean nothing in terms of learning the system. That's like saying because fluxducts are red they're automatically better than everything else. It makes no sense.

B) The age writing system in Mystcraft is all too willing to let you put in pages in an order that you think should work only to have it ignore those because they weren't setup the way Mystcraft wants, and then punish you by throwing instability at you. RFTools will tell you before the age is created that things aren't setup correctly.

C) Why would I install or keep Mystcraft installed when I can get its functionality and the functionality of about three other mods with RFTools? The answer to that is that I wouldn't.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Absolutely agree. Honestly, anything would be preferrable to another void world. Plus it would get him a nice looking base with no work on his part.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft certainly does NOT profile every time you log on. The only time I saw it profile was when I updated to version 1.5.0 of the DW20 pack.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Mystcraft certainly does NOT profile every time you log on. The only time I saw it profile was when I updated to version 1.5.0 of the DW20 pack.

There are reports of it profiling every single time people boot their worlds on the newest version.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I mentioned pages being visually bigger than dimlets Padfoote, is because I was trying to think of a reason why YOU would think RFtools ages easier to write. That's not what I think.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
"sadly" updates are rarely retroactive when it comes to generated structures. By sadly I mean fortunately :p
Yeah probably. But it would be hilarious ^^
He could've just as well made a base in the acid rain biome in the Twilight Forest before unlocking it.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
Guys the whole thing that bothers me about RFTOOLS dimensions is the POWER. I JUST LIKE MYST BECAUSE NO POWER REQUIREMENTS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU GET STUCK IN AN UNPOWERED DIMENSION in RFTools.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Guys the whole thing that bothers me about RFTOOLS dimensions is the POWER. I JUST LIKE MYST BECAUSE NO POWER REQUIREMENTS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU GET STUCK IN AN UNPOWERED DIMENSION in RFTools.

Try it once. It is a nice experience (that you don't want to repeat after that :)

Reactions: Padfoote