[1.7.10] The Sky is the Limit [291 Mods] [stable] [sidequests] [alternated balancing]

sabbo2001

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have an ETA on the release of the update? We're enjoying playing and want a little more stability ;)

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
I'll upload it today or tomorrow so in 1-3 days it should be avaible :)
(The update will also contain some now content I finished recently)

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
The Hobbyist steam engine crash is caused by Railcraft-already updated in my Dev-Version; next modpack update will fix it :)
With the ChromatiCraft thing...I can't do anything about it. But as ChromatiCraft is still not completely finished (Reika is still adding bunchs of features every update), it will most likely be fixed by him soon ;)

-The Timescale should be normal...if you want the night to go by faster I can recommend the "Watch of Flowing Time" ;)
-Pam's Harvest Craft+Hunger Overhaul: Good idea! Some more food is defenitely nice...and I want to see all these noobs starving! muahahaha! (Just joking, making Hunger a bit more important seems nice to me...I think I'll jast make it a little bit harder then Vanilla...)
-Vein Miner: Won't happen, quite for sure...there are enough tools in the mid- and end-game that are capable of mining large amounts of ore with one click and it would make the modpack too easy in the beginning...

Already Updated in my Dev-Version; next modpack update will fix it :)
although i dont want the timescale to be faster, maybe theres a mod that will slow it down a little? like by 0.8x normal speed? that would be nice, the night seems to already arrive so fast in the first day. also, have u thought about adding emashers mods? like engineers toolbox, and gascraft? id write a big description of it, but i think its best if u see for your self, what it does: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...gineers-toolbox-now-with-programmable-sockets (toolbox is neat, but what i REALLY like is gascraft, addon to engineers toolbox)

PS: did i also tell you that, engineers toolbox adds in frames? like, the old redpower frames? the ones that can move with any number of blocks on them? yeah. its pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
although i dont want the timescale to be faster, maybe theres a mod that will slow it down a little? like by 0.8x normal speed? that would be nice, the night seems to already arrive so fast in the first day. also, have u thought about adding emashers mods? like engineers toolbox, and gascraft? id write a big description of it, but i think its best if u see for your self, what it does: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...gineers-toolbox-now-with-programmable-sockets (toolbox is neat, but what i REALLY like is gascraft, addon to engineers toolbox)

PS: did i also tell you that, engineers toolbox adds in frames? like, the old redpower frames? the ones that can move with any number of blocks on them? yeah. its pretty awesome.

I don't know any mod, item or mechanic that's capable of slowing the time down... but you can make the time faster in the night to "skip" it in 10-20 seconds (Watch of Flowing Time / Sun Dial)

Engineers toolbox...I know this mod...and since I played tppi I hate it...once destroyed half of my base with it...and prior release it created many problems and bugs when we tried to add it... Maybe I'll give it a second chance sometime in a future update ;) (Did you know you wrote this exactly when I just finished uploading the 1.2.0 version of SITL? xD)

For the Frames... Funky Locomotion and since the latest update also ProjectRed have Frames Thay should be sufficient for now :p

don't see it as a "no!", just see it as a "perhaps later" ;)

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know any mod, item or mechanic that's capable of slowing the time down... but you can make the time faster in the night to "skip" it in 10-20 seconds (Watch of Flowing Time / Sun Dial)

Engineers toolbox...I know this mod...and since I played tppi I hate it...once destroyed half of my base with it...and prior release it created many problems and bugs when we tried to add it... Maybe I'll give it a second chance sometime in a future update ;) (Did you know you wrote this exactly when I just finished uploading the 1.2.0 version of SITL? xD)

For the Frames... Funky Locomotion and since the latest update also ProjectRed have Frames Thay should be sufficient for now :p

don't see it as a "no!", just see it as a "perhaps later" ;)
thanks for replying, i havent tried out 1.2version yet, not showing up in my ftb launcher, must be a sync issue, but, how did half ur base get destroyed by engineers toolbox?

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for replying, i havent tried out 1.2version yet, not showing up in my ftb launcher, must be a sync issue, but, how did half ur base get destroyed by engineers toolbox?

It usually takes 1-2 days befure uploaded updates are public xD

And with the base explosion...converters and then connect the wrong cable to the wrong machine...thanks to GregTech every machine too nearby can explode too...

Aobozu

Jul 29, 2019
X0zVXlS.png

===========================================================================

What's the basic idea?
This modpack is desinged as a "highly modded sandbox"
It contains both magic and tech mods, from simple utility to extremely komplex
and strong devices/items/mechanics. We've tried to make it relatively balanced
(Perfect balancing would be quite impossible so we've done as mach as we could)
and stable (We don't think it is possible to get it more stable with so many mods).

What's included?
Most well-known mods like Thaumcraft, Thermal Expansion, IC2 or TinkersConstruct,
but also many less-known mods like Greg's SG Craft or Enhanced Biomes.
Reika's mods (RotaryCraft, ChromatiCraft etc.) are also included.
[The full modlist can be found *here*]
(Yeah I know that's only 212 mods but as everybody uses the InGame-Mod-Count so I did so too)

What's special about SITL?
First, yes, it's concept is nothing ultra-special, but we've not found another modpack
with a similar modlist (why should we create an own modpack if it already exists? :confused:).
Also we've alternated balancing (costs+configs) to prevent things from being absolutely "OP".
(There are really strong mechanics and mods, but as everything is strong, nothing is "OP")

And, Hey, look at our unique banner :p
Oh, nearly forgot to mention: The pack is relatively stable :D
(It is impossible to make it "uncrashable" but it should work perfectly if you play normally)

===========================================================================
Now, for those we haven't scared off,
Modpack Code: SITL

If you experience any problems please don't hesitate to post it here :)
(Crashes with crash-reports uploaded on pastebin please ;))

We're using FastCraft by Player. This mod increases performance but can
cause problems if you try to add other mods to your local instance or
try to run the modpack on a server. You can deactivate this mod in the
launcher if you need/want to. Also, you should include the information that
you're using this mod if you report a bug to a mod author
(Please report the bug to us first, so we can verify if the bug's source is the mod
itself or something we did/we can fix ourselves)

Special Thanks:
-The FML Creators (Without Forge modpacks most likely would be impossible
-All mod creators whose mods we use and everybody who helped them
-Every single Player of SITL and all the people who helped us creating it

Disclaimer:
We didn't create any of the mods we used.
Of Course we also didn't create Minecraft itself.

WARNINGS:
If you disable any functions/items/mechanics there's a chance to break the modpack,
as many mods are linked between each other or have been linked by us

Also, don't try to run this on a bad PC...it won't work...sorry but we can't change that

I'm not a native English speaker so there may be misspellings or grammer mistakes,
you can keep them for free (really, you don't have to pay for them :p).
That joke is so bad...I know...
You could add a soundtrack to the minecraft menu:

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
hey have you thought about adding in buildcraft additions? its a mod for buildcraft, pretty neat.link: http://bcadditions.ga/?page_id=11 also, can u atleast add some config files, for vein miner? generally, i think it just makes mining a LOT less of a grind, which was really my only annoyance when playing minecraft at first, and now, was that for ores u had to go and mine each ore, but with vienminer, it made it feel worth it to go to any visible ore block and just vein mine it, because it would take less time. sure theres late game tools that make it easy, but for early game its near- essential, especially when mining obsidian or coal veins. config files, would atleast let you add it hasle-free, so it wouldnt be too much of a pain for people who do want to add it, like me. it wouldnt take to long, and i cant get vein miner to work, even when i place it in the mods folder, and it loads up fine, it just doesent work and i dont quite know how to get it too work, so :/ .

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
hey have you thought about adding in buildcraft additions? its a mod for buildcraft, pretty neat.link: http://bcadditions.ga/?page_id=11 also, can u atleast add some config files, for vein miner? generally, i think it just makes mining a LOT less of a grind, which was really my only annoyance when playing minecraft at first, and now, was that for ores u had to go and mine each ore, but with vienminer, it made it feel worth it to go to any visible ore block and just vein mine it, because it would take less time. sure theres late game tools that make it easy, but for early game its near- essential, especially when mining obsidian or coal veins. config files, would atleast let you add it hasle-free, so it wouldnt be too much of a pain for people who do want to add it, like me. it wouldnt take to long, and i cant get vein miner to work, even when i place it in the mods folder, and it loads up fine, it just doesent work and i dont quite know how to get it too work, so :/ .

BCA: Looks really nice *.*
Vein Miner: Again, it doesn't really fit into the modpack and if I put it in (even if deactivated) everyone would activate and use vein miner instead of the tools that have special abilities for mining huge amounts of ores at a time. Also Tinkers Constructs Hammers are quite equal to vein miner against usual ores. And vein miner would also be overkill if used in the bedrock dimension...so at the moment no. (sry) But to help you out a bit: Did you enable vein miner mode? (Near the end of the post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-1-5-1-8-vein-miner-quickly-mine-veins-of-ore is the tutorial how to use it) But still...most likely it will glitch out when you try to use it...

You could add a soundtrack to the minecraft menu:

o_O
No. Just no. Denied! :D

Last edited:

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
BCA: Looks really nice *.*
Vein Miner: Again, it doesn't really fit into the modpack and if I put it in (even if deactivated) everyone would activate and use vein miner instead of the tools that have special abilities for mining huge amounts of ores at a time. Also Tinkers Constructs Hammers are quite equal to vein miner against usual ores. And vein miner would also be overkill if used in the bedrock dimension...so at the moment no. (sry) But to help you out a bit: Did you enable vein miner mode? (Near the end of the post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-1-5-1-8-vein-miner-quickly-mine-veins-of-ore is the tutorial how to use it) But still...most likely it will glitch out when you try to use it...

o_O
No. Just no. Denied! :D

i actually found out, it was working all the time :p but i see how you think, so thats alright :)

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
Changelog 1.2.0:
-Added:
  • Default KeyConfig
  • HardcoreQuestingMode (including Quests)
  • Better Records
  • Alchemical Bling
  • Dense EB Ores
  • Immersive Integration
  • ProjectRed Fabrication
  • ForgeRelocation
  • ForgeRelocation FMP Plugin
  • RFTools
  • McJtyLib
  • Recurrent Complex
  • IvToolkit
  • Pam's HarvestCraft
  • Hunger Overhaul
  • AppleCore
-Updated too many mods to list them
-Minor Tweaks
-All crashs caused by null fluids should be fixed now

New Keybindings-short introduction:
-"E" now opens an RPG-style Inventory with baubles' and Tinkers Constructs item slots and statistics.
-The Vanilly Inventory has moved to Numpad 8.
-Numpad 7 opens the Cosmetic Armor Inventory-Armor put into the right slots will render on your character but won't take damage and won't influence your stats/abilities.
-The Jurneymap moved tu Numpad 4 and the Voxelmap Menu to Numpad 5
-The Morph menu is bound tu Numpad 6, left click to activate the morph process, Mousewheel (+ shift) for morph selection
-All keybinds are still under "Controls" options and can be changed there. Changes you apply won't be overwritten by modpack updates.

NOSLx

Jul 29, 2019
speaking of keybinds, is there a way to disable the Ctrl + Scroll wheel keybind?

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
speaking of keybinds, is there a way to disable the Ctrl + Scroll wheel keybind?

If you press Crtl + M the configuration screen for the QuickHotbarMod opens. There you can set the Keybind to anything else (you can change what Key should be used instead of Crtl)

Mortal335

Jul 29, 2019
Can some tell me what i am doing wrong, i get 0-2 fps on this modpack

My Specs
i7 4710HQ 2.50GHz
12 Gig memory ( 6 for Minecraft used)
GTX 860m

Graphics set to fast
V-Sync set off
view distance 8
Clouds off
Particle lowest setting

rest defualt

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
Can some tell me what i am doing wrong, i get 0-2 fps on this modpack

Try disabling FastCraft and installing Optifine instead (FastCraft can be really effective on most hardware but can also lower performance on some hardware in rare cases)