Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Mangetostatics function the same way they always have; they have just been nerfed in accessibility over the updates. They output the same power levels, it is just that they are much farther into the techtree than in 1.6. I would kindly suggest to shy away from thinking about these engines because you need liquid nitrogen to cool them off, which is a whole other process that is much easier with jet tech.

Otherwise, I think the easiest way to automate a grinder is to place a steam engine and throw a 4x1 torque gearbox in front of it and then you have a very slow grinder.

Well the idea was to make my ore process with rotarycraft and back in 1.6 I had the grinder with a redstone clock processing a stack in less then 10 seconds I think.
I will have to kill my greed then I think and just do a normal pulverizer to furnace process and move the quarry more often :)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well the idea was to make my ore process with rotarycraft and back in 1.6 I had the grinder with a redstone clock processing a stack in less then 10 seconds I think.
I will have to kill my greed then I think and just do a normal pulverizer to furnace process and move the quarry more often :)

tbh, it is literally easier to run an extractor off a single gas turbine with a CVT, even having to go through all the steps of setting up fuel production, the jet furnace, tungsten sintering and bedrock production to get there.

Magnetostatics just aren't worth it.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Magenostaitcs (and other Converter Engines) were nerfed heaviliy for good reason in my opinion. Even in Monster 1.1.1, you wanted something done with Rotarycraft? best solution was almost always the Magnetstatic, heavily obsoleting pretty much all the interesting part of the mod. Due to the convenience of RF Generation in comparison to the more beefy setups for high Rotarycraft Power, Magneostics were still chosen simply due to this convenence. Now they are pretty much nerfed to near uselessness (especially if you have Chromiticraft World Rifts, which mean you don't need to use Rotational Dynamo > Tesseract > Magenostic combinations in order to transport Watts cross dimension (aside from portal interactions, which isn't always possible)) Personally I'm glad to see this, it actually gives a reason to actually use Rotarycraft, rather than cherry-picking the machines you want and ignoring the actual fun part of the mod.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I can see some cases where you can't avoid using RF with RotaryCraft main power. For example, RFTools, in which case you're better off also having RF energy storage added as well. And so on--slippery slope and all that. Best way to avoid worrying about magnetostatics is to remove as much RF sources as possible.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I can see some cases where you can't avoid using RF with RotaryCraft main power. For example, RFTools, in which case you're better off also having RF energy storage added as well. And so on--slippery slope and all that. Best way to avoid worrying about magnetostatics is to remove as much RF sources as possible.

I think rotarycraft here is a very independend mod. It powers hisself now since RF is not a option anymore and creating RF with rotary seems to much work with all the other mods out there for the same. But do not foget that we are talking about Infinity. Its not ment to be balanced or anything. I personaly prefere the way it is today. But since I was used to its strong ore dublication I wanted ot have it easy. Nevertheless I was going to do the roratycraft stuff later on seperatly because I abseloutly love this mod.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Or use RoC power for everything and just convert via rotational dynamos as needed

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone that is interested I have put an alphabetical list of bees on pastebin, the list is not just the bees that I have managed to obtain but also some that I have found either in NEI or on the internet but can not work out how to get. There are 264 in my list, the ones unobtainable have asterisk beside the number.

http://pastebin.com/QY2db7kS

The list has Lime twice because there are two bees with different markings named Lime that I have obtained - Mystical has 2 versions also (a black/yellow and a black/orange) but have not listed the second one.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Simple question: Has Pahimar implemented automation for the transmutation tablet, or is he too lazy?

Try watching some of his videos... He's not exactly shy about discussing plans for EE3, at least with Direwolf pulling his chain; He seems to be on him all the time about when he'll be able to auto-feed/extract items. Also, Soaryn keeps finding little issues for him to iron out.

One of the things Pahimar is working on is an automatic routine to assign EMC values which is still a bit buggy... Issues when the Ore Dictionary has too many versions of an item like copper, or things like un-matching equivalencies causing AE2 Dense cable to have an EMC of 2 because it's dyed.

Like most things that people get excited about here EE3 is still in early testing.

If you don't know where you can catch Pahimar, he's on an AgSkies II YT a couple of times a week with DW, but does a lot of talking about EE3 when he shows up on Forgecraft2 during Soaryn's liveTwitch on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So with DW20's pack I'm wondering is there anything like the BC auto workbench for crafting things? Pretty much as far as what I can see from testing only BC pipes will connect to the auto workbench to pull items out, I'm hoping there's another machine that does the same thing that will work with the other pipes in the mod?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
So with DW20's pack I'm wondering is there anything like the BC auto workbench for crafting things? Pretty much as far as what I can see from testing only BC pipes will connect to the auto workbench to pull items out, I'm hoping there's another machine that does the same thing that will work with the other pipes in the mod?
From memory you can use vanilla hoppers under the workbench, but EnderIO item ducts should also work

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I have just finished, as far as I can, my completest quest for bees in DW20 pack.

If anyone can provide answers to how to get any of the following please let me know.

Bees showing in NEI but not giving a "recipe" - Vis, Big Bad, Pure, Vazbee
Genetics Apiarist Serums that are available but no bee showing - Attractive, Rejuvinating, Impregnable, Galvanized, Invincible, Minim (or Minium)
Other bees I have found mentioned - Stark, Aura, Praecantio, Flux (these seem to be Thaumic related but can't find info on) & Tinker

Pure, Aura, Stark, Attractive, Flux, Vis, Rejuvenating, and Praecantio bees are all Thaumic bees associated with Thaumcraft 3 and most likely not obtainable anymore but if they are it's through research. Your Google-fu is weak btw :p : http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Thaumic_Branch http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Galvanized_Bee http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Invincible_Bee

And probably many more on that wiki but I have to go so you'll have to search yourself. If they show up in the serums but no bees are showing they probably aren't obtainable anymore or require a mod you don't have installed.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Pure, Aura, Stark, Attractive, Flux, Vis, Rejuvenating, and Praecantio bees are all Thaumic bees associated with Thaumcraft 3 and most likely not obtainable anymore but if they are it's through research. Your Google-fu is weak btw :p : http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Thaumic_Branch http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Galvanized_Bee http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Invincible_Bee

And probably many more on that wiki but I have to go so you'll have to search yourself. If they show up in the serums but no bees are showing they probably aren't obtainable anymore or require a mod you don't have installed.

Never said it wasn't .... I'll try those tomorrow, thanks

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using infinity. I tried to use ender io conduit to have it put 1 item at a time in a chest. I used the restriction upgrade for the item conduit. It put two. I was using a button with red alloy wire to activate. Advice? Alternatives?

derOberlump

Jul 29, 2019
Simple Question: Playing FTB Infinity (on a Nitrado Server) but if i go offline and come back on the next day, all my Portal Gun made portals are missing/gone. Is there a special setting i have to made to become the option to keep the opened portals? I know that this works fine with FTB Mindcrack.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Simple Question: Playing FTB Infinity (on a Nitrado Server) but if i go offline and come back on the next day, all my Portal Gun made portals are missing/gone. Is there a special setting i have to made to become the option to keep the opened portals? I know that this works fine with FTB Mindcrack.
This is a known problem - portal gun is still being worked on

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using infinity. I tried to use ender io conduit to have it put 1 item at a time in a chest. I used the restriction upgrade for the item conduit. It put two. I was using a button with red alloy wire to activate. Advice? Alternatives?
I think there may be a block for that (not sure about it being in infinity) but was thinking back to vanilla - 2 hoppers and a comparator ... a bit vague with the details. If you have ProjectRed - a timer of a hopper should make the hopper release 1 item at a time into an attached chest.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get the hang of Curse Voice, since the future will be there, but I can't seem to figure how to add Optifine.

How do I add a mod that is out of the modpack and does not appear on the Curse list?

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
My FTB Direwolf20 1.7.10 world file is at 1.3gb and when compressed is at about 450mb. I would like to upload this to a server I am running but the limit is 100mb for a file that is to be uploaded. How can I shrink the world size? I tried using McEdit to remove chunks but it didn't allow me to open the world due to the fact that Biomes 'o' Plenty is installed. Does anyone know or have a way around this?
If so please let me know!
Thanks