Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
So I thought bedrockium drums and vacumn hoppers were blast proof. And I hate that ender minis attack creepers

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
How can a gregtech drill be repaired? or it will need a new drill tip when it breaks?
or the whole drill will break?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't stay tainted?
no but if you want to risk it find a hungry node and feed it crafting tables ;) be very careful though it can get dangerous incase it in obsidian and have a tall chute so everything is covered except for a hole like 5 blocks up to drop in items, and crafting tables have all 4 basic aspects so that is most efficient. But remember that the node will downsize a lot when you energize it.
EDIT: I would actually suggest 20+ blocks up depending on how much you feed it. Just remember it is dangerous for your terrain and can get CPU heavy so if you go too big you could crash it.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Question: What happens if you energize a Tainted node?
It'll keep its Tainted modifier, but shouldn't be able to call on the parts of the code that actually spread the Taint biome. There's actually a strategy of using Taint to replace more dangerous modifiers (such as Hungry) and quickly energizing the node before it can start the biome transformations.

(The same goes for Sinister Nodes and, at least in theory, Hungry nodes. In practice, Hungry nodes almost always eat the transducer or stabilizer before it fully energizes, though, making this a Very Bad Idea.)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
It'll keep its Tainted modifier, but shouldn't be able to call on the parts of the code that actually spread the Taint biome. There's actually a strategy of using Taint to replace more dangerous modifiers (such as Hungry) and quickly energizing the node before it can start the biome transformations.

(The same goes for Sinister Nodes and, at least in theory, Hungry nodes. In practice, Hungry nodes almost always eat the transducer or stabilizer before it fully energizes, though, making this a Very Bad Idea.)
that's why I told him to be careful

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm wondering, I've been growing Silverwood trees. In turn they've been growing nodes. Some are normal, some are pure. Will it ever grow a hungry or sinister node?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
So I'm wondering, I've been growing Silverwood trees. In turn they've been growing nodes. Some are normal, some are pure. Will it ever grow a hungry or sinister node?
I've only ever got Pure nodes in silverwood trees. (And teeny tiny ones at that).

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
About two out of three Silverwood trees will create a node, and that node will always be pure. It can be Fading, Pale, or even Bright, although most of the time (by default, >95%), you'll just get a normal node.

The Primal Focus can generate Sinister, Hungry, or even Tainted nodes, although like Silverwood Nodes they're generally about a fourth of the size of normally created nodes. There's only a small (~0.5%) chance of generating a node at all per cast unless you aim at an active portal, and with the normal "I:special_node_rarity=18" the chance of a given node turning Sinister is something like 1:60, and a chance of it turning Hungry nearly 1:180. That's a 1:3,600 chance for a Sinister node normally per cast, and 1:360 when aimed at an active portal.

(Edit: fixed a number, forgot about the chance of flux goo.)

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
only TNT i think. And that's not the only way creepers can go boom in cursed earth farms... Enderminis are the obvious one, but witherwitches agrooing skellytons which accidently hits a creeper is another way.

FTB Fan!

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I have a question regarding on what kind of computer you need to run ftb monster at 100 fps. I got a new computer that has 8gb ram and an AMD Radeon R5 graphics. I don't know why but I only get about 10 fps on short render distance. Can someone please help me!?