Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
I was just curious if anybody knew of any good hud mods or something like that. Im not looking for anything specific, just something that will maybe make my hud more informative, less simplistic. Maybe more hotbar slots?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I was just curious if anybody knew of any good hud mods or something like that. Im not looking for anything specific, just something that will maybe make my hud more informative, less simplistic. Maybe more hotbar slots?
I think expanding the hotbar is pretty much impossible, for a start it would mess up the inventory slot layout that a lot of mods use. And what keys would you use? I think there's a mod that rolls through your hotbar and inventory so you can swap in 4 different sets of 9 items. Maybe a mod could store extra sets of slots outside of your inventory so you can switch your hotbar between multiple different sets, say one for mining, one for combat, one for building, one for crafting.

Dual Hotbar, maybe?

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019

I use Zyin's HUD. I really like it.
It adds your coordinates, a compass, a clock, calculates distances, shows nearby players, shows unsafe areas, shows potion durations, quick deposit, eating aid, ender pearl aid, potion aid, torch aid, weapon swapper, an fps counter, displays animal info, item selector, health monitor, and dynamically displays your equipment's durability. Any one of these features can be disabled.
You can even set the position of the added HUD elements on the screen. Really cool mod. Go the options menu, you will find a Zyin's HUD option menu.
I mostly use it for the equipement durability and the animal info. it displays the food required to breed them, their health, the horse speed and jumping height, mobs distance and health, all that on a transparent overlay over the game screen, which you can set to appear at any distance from you, so that your screen is not spammed by all the nearby animals' info, but only displays the closest ones' info per instance.)

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesn't a silk touch pickaxe work on IC2 machines? Yes, I know all about electric wrenches and lossless mode... I'm just a bit upset at this damn mod since I forgot ONE TIME to use the wrench and it cost me a machine that's a total pain in the arse to make, Pattern Storage. DAMN YOU, IC2. And damn me and my stupidity too.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesn't a silk touch pickaxe work on IC2 machines? Yes, I know all about electric wrenches and lossless mode... I'm just a bit upset at this damn mod since I forgot ONE TIME to use the wrench and it cost me a machine that's a total pain in the arse to make, Pattern Storage. DAMN YOU, IC2. And damn me and my stupidity too.
I assume that the IC3 team want you to use every aspect of their mod.
There may be a config option to stop machines exploding, like there is with Gregtech, so who knows?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I assume that the IC3 team want you to use every aspect of their mod.
There may be a config option to stop machines exploding, like there is with Gregtech, so who knows?

Yeah, thankfully my server operator seems to have turned OFF the machine explosions, which I greatly appreciate. I can drop a machine on a power line and then insert the transformer upgrades. I know it's wrong to build bad habits like that, but I'm abusing it because IC2 is normally such a pain in the rear end as my previous post showed. I really don't like the mod because it seems to try to trip you up at every chance it gets. And then I swear I hear the mod laughing at me afterwards. Maybe I play Minecraft too much? LOL

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, thankfully my server operator seems to have turned OFF the machine explosions, which I greatly appreciate. I can drop a machine on a power line and then insert the transformer upgrades. I know it's wrong to build bad habits like that, but I'm abusing it because IC2 is normally such a pain in the rear end as my previous post showed. I really don't like the mod because it seems to try to trip you up at every chance it gets. And then I swear I hear the mod laughing at me afterwards. Maybe I play Minecraft too much? LOL
No, I get what you mean. It seems you add IC2 to make something easier (e.g. turning all your useless coal into diamonds), and then it screws up nether ores and the pulverizer (seriously, what is with nether diamond giving that stupid IC2 material?)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So while I'm on IC2 topic... does anyone have any experience/advice on UUMatter setups? I have 32 Recyclers running to make scrap but my 16 Mass Fabricators are blowing thru scrapboxes way faster than I can make them. As best I can estimate, I'm going to need somewhere between 128 and 256 Recyclers running to keep my 16 Mass Fabs going at top speed. That's bordering on the absurd, quite honestly... but is it pretty standard for IC2? Am I doing anything wrong or missing something?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So while I'm on IC2 topic... does anyone have any experience/advice on UUMatter setups? I have 32 Recyclers running to make scrap but my 16 Mass Fabricators are blowing thru scrapboxes way faster than I can make them. As best I can estimate, I'm going to need somewhere between 128 and 256 Recyclers running to keep my 16 Mass Fabs going at top speed. That's bordering on the absurd, quite honestly... but is it pretty standard for IC2?
Yeah, you were never going to be able to run 1 mass fab off of 2 recyclers.
But, unless IC2 has changed how it worked since I last used the fabs, if you had more power going in, you'd get a "process" done faster... if that is still the case, I'd say ditch the recyclers (if you are feeding them with a cobble gen, or something) and just give them a butt-load of POWAH!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you were never going to be able to run 1 mass fab off of 2 recyclers.
But, unless IC2 has changed how it worked since I last used the fabs, if you had more power going in, you'd get a "process" done faster... if that is still the case, I'd say ditch the recyclers (if you are feeding them with a cobble gen, or something) and just give them a butt-load of POWAH!

So you're saying just forget about scrap boxes entirely? That would be great news, because I've already made 3 Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels and thus I'm just about to the point where I'm gonna have more EU power that I can use up (I also have 128 Semi-Fluid Generators running on Fuel). So power is something I will have in abundance. Thanks for advice Jordsta, I'll experiment with the idea.

I'll just say that I was initially running my Mass Fabs without scrap (and not a lot of power either) and they were slow obv... then I added scrap and WOW did they speed up... scrap makes them run about 6 times as fast, so we may be talking a lot of power necessary to make up for that if I stop using the scrapboxes.

You can add a Transformer Upgrade to a Mass Fab, but the machine will not accept an Overclock Upgrade. So that means there's no point to using upgrades in the Mass Fab, and thus I run them all at 512 EU/t which is the max for the machine. I don't know what adding more power would do, but I'll still experiment with the idea once I get a few more Hybrid Solars built.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
IC2 dates from the very early days of mods, when modders felt that the had to somehow balance the cheaty feeling of mods that do things for you. And particularly nowadays, when replacing that Macerator is just a matter of going to the AE Crafting Terminal and requesting a new Macerator which is then ready for you in a couple of seconds, does it really matter that it exploded anyway?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 dates from the very early days of mods, when modders felt that the had to somehow balance the cheaty feeling of mods that do things for you. And particularly nowadays, when replacing that Macerator is just a matter of going to the AE Crafting Terminal and requesting a new Macerator which is then ready for you in a couple of seconds, does it really matter that it exploded anyway?
That's if you get AE to remember the crafting recipe.
With AE1 I wouldn't have mind doing that, but AE2 with the space "limitations" I am less inclined to do that, especially for something I may only need to ever make that one time

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That's if you get AE to remember the crafting recipe.
With AE1 I wouldn't have mind doing that, but AE2 with the space "limitations" I am less inclined to do that, especially for something I may only need to ever make that one time

It's as simple as popping the recipe into the terminal from NEI. You don't have to save the recipe.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I think expanding the hotbar is pretty much impossible, for a start it would mess up the inventory slot layout that a lot of mods use. And what keys would you use? I think there's a mod that rolls through your hotbar and inventory so you can swap in 4 different sets of 9 items. Maybe a mod could store extra sets of slots outside of your inventory so you can switch your hotbar between multiple different sets, say one for mining, one for combat, one for building, one for crafting.

Dual Hotbar, maybe?

Actually there is a mod out there that allows multiple hot bars to be displayed... I don't remember it's name but Bacon_Donut used it in Sky Factory 2.

As I recall it allowed up to 4 hotbars by displaying the original hotbar plus each of the three rows of the player inventory as additional ones. In this latest YTLP he's using 2 hotbars:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Actually there is a mod out there that allows multiple hot bars to be displayed...
Sure, I'm not surprised, I even posted a link to a similar mod. When I was thinking about "expand the hotbar", I originally interpreted it as simply making the exising hotbar bigger, like 10 or 12 or 15 slots instead of 9.
Yeah, the MineCraft world just isn't big enough. Also, I usually have several of each machine type, with items being spread out among them, so I make patterns for pretty much every machine.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Does anyone know what might have caused this pattern of chunk generation? The line goes right through 0,0.
UnminedMap.png

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Sure, I'm not surprised, I even posted a link to a similar mod. When I was thinking about "expand the hotbar", I originally interpreted it as simply making the exising hotbar bigger, like 10 or 12 or 15 slots instead of 9.

Yeah, the MineCraft world just isn't big enough. Also, I usually have several of each machine type, with items being spread out among them, so I make patterns for pretty much every machine.

The one in Sky Factory 2 allows you to lay the hotbars out side by side -or- on top of each other, so you can get 18, 27 or 36 slots across instead of the normal 9 if you choose to do so.

Reactions: Padfoote