Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what might have caused this pattern of chunk generation? The line goes right through 0,0.
UnminedMap.png
Curiously, the same thing happened to me about a week or so ago, causing heavy chunk lag until it stopped. I was able to track its "progress" by Forestry's apatite generation logging, but I couldn't determine if it was an entity or anything.
... do you have Mystcraft installed? Could this be a result of the profiling?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I can't find any taint anywhere in my world, is there a way to make taint from nothing? When I hover over Vitium in the Aspects section, no items pop up at all.

I just had an idea - if I energize a node, then break it, that releases taint, right? What's the best way to go from that to bottled taint to convert my hungry node?

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I suppose that's a possibility, but it sounds like a bug, I don't expect that this is deliberate!
certainly not! It would be a little convoluted to make something like that intentional.

Do any of the villager types included in Infinity have a chance of selling Enderpearls? I want one so I can make a peaceful table and be done with the shortage of mob drops in peaceful mode. I may eventually switch to easy mode if I want to encounter a pech (a mob which I wish Thaumcraft would reclassify as nonhostile in the same sense as village guards from witchery and wolves from vanilla), but until then, I don't like the resource shortage.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
certainly not! It would be a little convoluted to make something like that intentional.

Do any of the villager types included in Infinity have a chance of selling Enderpearls? I want one so I can make a peaceful table and be done with the shortage of mob drops in peaceful mode. I may eventually switch to easy mode if I want to encounter a pech (a mob which I wish Thaumcraft would reclassify as nonhostile in the same sense as village guards from witchery and wolves from vanilla), but until then, I don't like the resource shortage.
Doubt so, but ender-lily seeds can be found in dungeon chests, and can be planted on dirt. Also, peaceful table doesn't require ender pearls, does it?

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Doubt so, but ender-lily seeds can be found in dungeon chests, and can be planted on dirt. Also, peaceful table doesn't require ender pearls, does it?
well, I guess it's dungeon hunting time. BTW, enderpearls can also be found on their own in dungeon chests.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do any of the villager types included in Infinity have a chance of selling Enderpearls? I want one so I can make a peaceful table and be done with the shortage of mob drops in peaceful mode.
It is possible to buy Eye of Ender from the priest villager. Some options in certain mods are available to macerate/grind/uncraft this down into basic parts and then make it back into an Ender pearl. At least I have seen that it is possible in TPPI with a GT/EnderIO combo.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible to buy Eye of Ender from the priest villager. Some options in certain mods are available to macerate/grind/uncraft this down into basic parts and then make it back into an Ender pearl. At least I have seen that it is possible in TPPI with a GT/EnderIO combo.
Don't think Infinity has GT.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Don't think Infinity has GT.
Nah it doesnt, was just an example. But I would think there are other ways of doing the same. Various "grinding" machines might be able to break it down into Ender Pearl dust and Blaze Powder, TF uncrafting table might do it, etc.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I was just curious if anybody knew of any good hud mods or something like that. Im not looking for anything specific, just something that will maybe make my hud more informative, less simplistic. Maybe more hotbar slots?

Damage Indicators, WAILA (plus its addons), and a minimap round out most people's HUD's. I personally use InGameInfoXML... but if you don't want to go through that hassle check out bspkrs HUD stuff.

For personal minimap suggestions: I prefer JourneyMap, MapWriter (technically Opis, but MapWriter is the actual map mod Opis is built on), and then anything else...

I think expanding the hotbar is pretty much impossible, for a start it would mess up the inventory slot layout that a lot of mods use. And what keys would you use? I think there's a mod that rolls through your hotbar and inventory so you can swap in 4 different sets of 9 items. Maybe a mod could store extra sets of slots outside of your inventory so you can switch your hotbar between multiple different sets, say one for mining, one for combat, one for building, one for crafting.

Dual Hotbar, maybe?

Actually you'd be surprised. InfiniteInvo is a mod I found via SkyFactory. Very neat idea.

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate all the replies guys. Ill look Zyins hud and infinite invo. As far as Dual hotbar goes, I tried it out before but my world got corrupted shortly after and i dont know if it was the cause.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod that can scan an inventory for number of items and print to chat/console? Or even better respond to a console command to scan the inventory?

Busy trying to balance some systems and don't feel like/sometimes can't log in to minecraft to check what's going on. However I can see my console.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Is there a mod that can scan an inventory for number of items and print to chat/console? Or even better respond to a console command to scan the inventory?

Busy trying to balance some systems and don't feel like/sometimes can't log in to minecraft to check what's going on. However I can see my console.

if you have access to computercraft and some add ons you can make a peripheral from a chest and then you can use a function to create a table with all the data you will need you can do this with open-peripherals if I remember correctly.
To get it to say it in chat/respond to chat you would need another add on that adds a chatbox, I believe peripherals++ has one.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
if you have access to computercraft and some add ons you can make a peripheral from a chest and then you can use a function to create a table with all the data you will need you can do this with open-peripherals if I remember correctly.
To get it to say it in chat/respond to chat you would need another add on that adds a chatbox, I believe peripherals++ has one.

I'm in Infinity and would rather not mess around with it yet again so that's a tad too complicated just for some monitoring, 2 of the 3 systems balanced last night. I'll just double the number of bees for the last one and leave it running all weekend and see;)

Thanx tho, I'll look into that when I need to do this again.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I'm in Infinity and would rather not mess around with it yet again so that's a tad too complicated just for some monitoring, 2 of the 3 systems balanced last night. I'll just double the number of bees for the last one and leave it running all weekend and see;)

Thanx tho, I'll look into that when I need to do this again.

is open peripherals not in infinity then? well, thats one pack I am never going to play >_>

Reactions: rhn

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
That explains it.
Well other then CC I don't think there is a way to do it.

I presumed CC would be the only way, I have done and can use it and was willing to but I don't feel like editing the modpack right now. The "I never use it" was explaining my ignorance as to if OpenPeripherals was in the pack.