Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What's the best biome for finding Thaumcraft barrows? I haven't found a single one in my overworld, I'm trying to create a flat Mystcraft age where I can find them. I'm after a plains type biome with no trees, that has barrows.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
According to the wiki, barrens are found in flatish areas like plains. Be prepared to fly around a lot as experience says it's not the most common thing in the world.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I made an IC2 QuantumSuit armor and charged it up. How come when I use my IC2 electric wrench, the QuantumSuit isn't re-charging the wrench's power supply? Is there a key binding I need to use for that feature?

I'm taking down my wall of 64 Geothermal Generators, and the electric wrench only holds enough charge to remove 1 at a time. So it's "remove-recharge" over and over again, 64 times worth. UGH!!

Why the $%^&^ did I make this Quantum suit if it doesn't even recharge tools? And nevermind, I'm already almost halfway thru removing the wall even tho it's agony.

EDIT: I found the "Charging" packs and made one... but the recharge rate is slower than molasses so it really doesn't help me very much. Now I have to wait about 10 seconds after I break each block while the wrench slowly recharges. So it really doesn't save any time at all. IC2 mod, why do you seem to do so many things that is upsetting to the user, instead of being a more "friendly" mod?

Taking down 64 Geothermals and 96 Recyclers with a wrench that only holds 12K EU is absolute madness... but what other option do I have, assuming I'd like to save my machines and not break them all.

Last edited:

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Pnumaticraft, Fixed, just disassembled and resembled, just a glitch

Quick question, is there a block that changes transparency or texture when a Redstone signal is applied?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Pnumaticraft, Fixed, just disassembled and resembled, just a glitch

Quick question, is there a block that changes transparency or texture when a Redstone signal is applied?
Buildcraft's Phased Facades (I think that's the name anyway). Basically you combine any two facades together and it will switch between them depending on redstone state.

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft's Phased Facades (I think that's the name anyway). Basically you combine any two facades together and it will switch between them depending on redstone state.
If q craft was still in the pack I'd be all over it but sadly no. I will take a look at this thanks

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I've been playing on my FTB Infinity for a decent amount of time now and am kind of at a roadblock. This is my first go at modded minecraft and I'm having a blast and learning quickly. I've set up a base, made a big reactor cooled with resonant ender, have draconic armor and tools, have a tier 2 energy storage, have all the starter Ender IO machines and Thermal Expansion machines, and an ME terminal. I've gone about using a few quarries so I have a decent amount of resources to get started. Now here's my question, what are the best things to automate first? I want to start having a lot of machines running, and not have to worry about much manual work. I understand that this is a broad question but a little advice to get me on my way would be so helpful. I'd prefer to stay away from IndustrialCraft 2 but any other mods that will help me progress, I'm all ears. Thanks.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I made an IC2 QuantumSuit armor and charged it up. How come when I use my IC2 electric wrench, the QuantumSuit isn't re-charging the wrench's power supply? Is there a key binding I need to use for that feature?

I'm taking down my wall of 64 Geothermal Generators, and the electric wrench only holds enough charge to remove 1 at a time. So it's "remove-recharge" over and over again, 64 times worth. UGH!!

Why the $%^&^ did I make this Quantum suit if it doesn't even recharge tools? And nevermind, I'm already almost halfway thru removing the wall even tho it's agony.

EDIT: I found the "Charging" packs and made one... but the recharge rate is slower than molasses so it really doesn't help me very much. Now I have to wait about 10 seconds after I break each block while the wrench slowly recharges. So it really doesn't save any time at all. IC2 mod, why do you seem to do so many things that is upsetting to the user, instead of being a more "friendly" mod?

Taking down 64 Geothermals and 96 Recyclers with a wrench that only holds 12K EU is absolute madness... but what other option do I have, assuming I'd like to save my machines and not break them all.
Quantum Armour have never recharged tools. You need GraviSuite armour for that. Both Advanced Jetpack, Advanced Nanochestplate and GraviChest will do it. And you can recharge those armours with Gravisuites Lappacks(Advanced and Ultimate I think) from the inventory(if enabled to do so).

The electric wrench can do many operations per charge, but only one Lossless mode operation. So do your self a favour and upgrade the electrical wrench to a GraviTool while you are at it. Will hold MANY lossless operations.

Reactions: Padfoote

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I've been playing on my FTB Infinity for a decent amount of time now and am kind of at a roadblock. This is my first go at modded minecraft and I'm having a blast and learning quickly. I've set up a base, made a big reactor cooled with resonant ender, have draconic armor and tools, have a tier 2 energy storage, have all the starter Ender IO machines and Thermal Expansion machines, and an ME terminal. I've gone about using a few quarries so I have a decent amount of resources to get started. Now here's my question, what are the best things to automate first? I want to start having a lot of machines running, and not have to worry about much manual work. I understand that this is a broad question but a little advice to get me on my way would be so helpful. I'd prefer to stay away from IndustrialCraft 2 but any other mods that will help me progress, I'm all ears. Thanks.
The good part about modded MC is you can diverge wherever you want based on what you prefer. If I were you I would play around with the magic mods and try to automate them. Or you could go explore with Mystcraft or TF. The choices are limitless.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I've got a node that is continually surrounded in flux but it refuses to become a tainted biome or a tainted node. Any suggestions? I can't make Bottled Taint yet as I can't figure out how to unlock the research for it.

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
The good part about modded MC is you can diverge wherever you want based on what you prefer. If I were you I would play around with the magic mods and try to automate them. Or you could go explore with Mystcraft or TF. The choices are limitless.
Ok, I will certainly check out some of the magic mods. I have an infusion altar setup from Thaumcraft and a Blood Altar but haven't done much with either mod. I've seen threads such as Rhn's incredible thread (kudos to you rhn because you amaze me) and Scottulus's awesome Infinity thread and I wonder how some people can understand so many aspects of the game and turn them into giant projects. I know I can't do something on that scale (because of my PC and personal skill) but I intend to make a strong effort at finishing projects that I can be proud of. Are there any interesting power generation methods that I could maybe have a go at? Something that is more unique than lava and big reactors? Thanks for the input sgbros.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

I have not checked what is and is not in infinity compared to Direwolf20 but Big Reactors, EnderIO, ME, TE are all there. You may find watching the DW20 videos are helpful, he loves to automate. I have been playing modded for a while now and still find it helpful to play a parallel universe type game.

Reactions: legionite626

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019

I am not sure if you have done this ready but I would go about automating alloys (through the alloy furnace) using AE2 autocrafting. If your not sure how to do this feel free to start a conversation with me. If you want to do bigger automations which aren't that easy learning Steve's factory manager and computercraft would be the way to go.

And if your
Are there any interesting power generation methods that I could maybe have a go at? Something that is more unique than lava and big reactors?

There areany things you can do can do and its only limited by your imagination :) you could make a mobfarm and use spider eyes and rotten flesh in a culinary generator. Or make some fancy Pam's harvestcraft food and feed that to a culinary generator. That won't really come up to par with a big reactor. The biggest you can go with energy generation will probably be a nether star generator x64 :D. So for high tier power generation you can automate the spawning and killing of withers and feed the loot to a nether star generator

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Ocker and NinjaPig31 for the answers. I'll definitely check out Direwolf's videos to help me along. I know he does world downloads so I might grab one of those and play around with his automation. I may take you up on that offer Ninja for autocrafting because it's something I've been meaning to get to but can't seem to get started. Thanks again

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I¨m playing Infinity 1.4.1 and I can´t right click with the Iron capped wand on a book to create the thaumanomicom. Regardles if in survival or Creative. Server and SP. Any Idea?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I¨m playing Infinity 1.4.1 and I can´t right click with the Iron capped wand on a book to create the thaumanomicom. Regardles if in survival or Creative. Server and SP. Any Idea?
You right click on a bookcase, not the book itself