Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Essentia tubes, check. Both labled and unlabeled jar attempt, check. No success. It's just 5 of an aspect, but it's clogging my construct. I tried inserting iron to make it ask for something else and stop sucking Tenebrae (that's what's stuck inside), but no luck.
Your construct may have different aspects going in to it, so it no longer has the same essentia in the construct than in the jar?

Any way to fix the mfr pre chargers from randomly changing direction
They point according to which way you are facing when you place them. But you can always right click them with a wrench to rotate them

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How big did you get the node?
I can't remember the exact numbers, I'll post a screenshot tonight, but the smallest primal aspect was over 260. I moved it with Funky Locomotion frames across a river and down a shaft into my Thaumcraft chamber right onto a waiting node stabilizer, then popped the other nodification thingy on top that tames it as a vis source. It left a scattered trail of taint biome all across my garden, but I didn't want to risk making it faint by bottling it. I have a bunch of purification plants at work.

Reactions: loboca

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Your construct may have different aspects going in to it, so it no longer has the same essentia in the construct than in the jar?

They point according to which way you are facing when you place them. But you can always right click them with a wrench to rotate them
That's not the issue. I place them down and everything works. I come back later and the blocks have changed orientation.

Also yes it is chunk loaded.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this qualifies as a 'simple' question!

I have just found my frame quarry is not working, I haven't used it much but it has been working fine. After looking for faces it may be caught on I noticed that all my frame covers and hollow frame covers are now ender thermic pump covers and hollow covers. I looked into making them again (all 750+ of them) but once I try to go past the frame block panel the pump texture occurs.

Has anyone else found this and is it only the texture - is it not why my quarry is not working?

Also wouldn't you think I would have noticed those green covers quicker!

upload_2015-5-18_22-19-2.png

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
If I use an interface with a storage bus on it to keep a certain number of crafted items in stock, it doesn't seem to want to use those items in autocrafting. For instance, if I have 16 Engineering Processors, I can pull them out manually but whenever I order something that uses one it waits for a new processor to be stamped before continuing. Is that right? Have I done something wrong, or do I need to use level emitters and export buses instead?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019

I tried with no aspects going into it, the recipe with the aspect that I wanted to remove (both having the recipe active and not), tried activating a different recipe with different aspects. Using regular and directional essentia tubes into a labeled or unlablelled jar. Essentia is not very easy to come along, so I'd rather avoid breaking the whole thing down. Haven't tried going on creative mode and test different things, but I might when I get home.

Thing is, I'm running out of ideas.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I tried with no aspects going into it, the recipe with the aspect that I wanted to remove (both having the recipe active and not), tried activating a different recipe with different aspects. Using regular and directional essentia tubes into a labeled or unlablelled jar. Essentia is not very easy to come along, so I'd rather avoid breaking the whole thing down. Haven't tried going on creative mode and test different things, but I might when I get home.

Thing is, I'm running out of ideas.
Are you placing the jars on the block below the pipe (so the pipe goes in to the top of the jar)?

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have a bit of a problem with Walia in Infinity. I've toggled it visible but it never shows up. When I go back to its respective menu, it is always toggled back to hidden. Any reason why this may be?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Is it possible to remove extra essentia from an Alchemical Construct? I connected it to a labeled jar, tried to click with said jar, and nothing. I'm playing Infinity 1.5.1.
You could try breaking and remaking the constructif all else fails. I'd be inclined to use that essentia in a recipe if i could.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
If I use an interface with a storage bus on it to keep a certain number of crafted items in stock, it doesn't seem to want to use those items in autocrafting. For instance, if I have 16 Engineering Processors, I can pull them out manually but whenever I order something that uses one it waits for a new processor to be stamped before continuing. Is that right? Have I done something wrong, or do I need to use level emitters and export buses instead?
I assume you have a crafting card in the interface?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I do, the interface gets re-filled with freshly crafted replacements when I manually take items out of it, the problem is that AE will not take items out itself for use in other crafting operations.
Actually I think mine works like that, was a while ago when making the enderio capacitors I made an interface keep 32 of each and it did not seem to speed thing up, but I did not look into it further.
I guess one solution could be to have a storage bus on the interface, messy and should be another way but it should do the job

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Actually I think mine works like that, was a while ago when making the enderio capacitors I made an interface keep 32 of each and it did not seem to speed thing up, but I did not look into it further.
I guess one solution could be to have a storage bus on the interface, messy and should be another way but it should do the job
You absolutely need a storage bus, and I have them, in order for the AE system to have access to the stack of items in the interface. Without that they might as well be in an unconnected chest. But still even though it has access to them and I can pull them out via a terminal, it won't use them in crafting.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You absolutely need a storage bus, and I have them, in order for the AE system to have access to the stack of items in the interface. Without that they might as well be in an unconnected chest. But still even though it has access to them and I can pull them out via a terminal, it won't use them in crafting.

I see what your saying, so basically unless you are telling it to keep finished items (rather than components like the capacitors mostly are) there is no real benefit to the auto crafting process of keeping things in the interface. You would think there should be a way to prioritise the already crafted items.