Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the thaumium grafter works on them
Ahh! That'll probably work for me. Now I just need to research how to make Thaumium.
New question: is there a way to convert RF power to power a carpenter? my fluxducts don't seem to be converting it for me

Fallsteel

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Highlands terrain gen mod still have an issue spawning Thaumcraft biomes?

I remember it being a problem at some point but the mod's page on the Minecraft Forums says it is compatible with Thaumcraft.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Recently (i.e. pretty much any 1.7 pack) Forestry uses RF, so should happily accept it from Fluxducts.

well then why isn't it working for me? Shouldn't it work with this setup? BTW there's a fully charged leadstone power cell on the right-hand side of this view just out of sight. That fluxduct line should be completely charged
11rr5on.jpg

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
well then why isn't it working for me? Shouldn't it work with this setup? BTW there's a fully charged leadstone power cell on the right-hand side of this view just out of sight. That fluxduct line should be completely charged
11rr5on.jpg
Do you have the correct materials left in the inventory of forestry machines.
With the machines you set the recipe's pattern, and then it uses the items that are stored in the machine's inventory.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. What mod adds this loading screen for FTB? Modded Minecraft Loading Screen.png

I'm just beeing curious. I think it's cool.

I just had the Mojang logo without any loading bars before I update from Direwolf 1.21 to 1.3.1.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hi. What mod adds this loading screen for FTB? View attachment 19032

I'm just beeing curious. I think it's cool.

I just had the Mojang logo without any loading bars before I update from Direwolf 1.21 to 1.3.1.
The newer Forge versions add it by default.

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019

The lights are on so it's got power... However I can see you're not pumping water/seed oil/cresoste into it. Won't do anything until it's got the liquid the recipe requires.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the correct materials left in the inventory of forestry machines.
With the machines you set the recipe's pattern, and then it uses the items that are stored in the machine's inventory.
yes I have the right recipe and items supplied. I'm going to try updating my pack (especially since NEI just crashed it anyway when trying to /give me an item... accidentally, I might note. Forgot I was on cheat mode not utility mode heheh) and then I'll take and share a screenshot of the GUI if it's still not working.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
In Infinity pack 1.4.1, WAILA overlay background appears tranparent. Changing the alpha value in its aspects settings doesn't change anything in-game (although the settings preview appears with dark background). Any idea to get the dark background back please?
2015-05-12_23.05.55.png

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In Infinity pack 1.4.1, WAILA overlay background appears tranparent. Changing the alpha value in its aspects settings doesn't change anything in-game (although the settings preview appears with dark background). Any idea to get the dark background back please?
View attachment 19033
Open the WAILA settings (pressing 0 on the numpad - numlock may need to be turned on)
Then you will have 2 buttons, press the one on the left
And then press the "default" button (look for the word default, I forget the name)

That'll do it for ya - I also hate the transparentness

Reactions: guiguilyon

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to designate an area as non magnetic? Like anyone with a magnet that walks into an area, the effect is nullified or negated?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there any way to designate an area as non magnetic? Like anyone with a magnet that walks into an area, the effect is nullified or negated?
Botania has a flower that nullifies that mod's ring of magnetism. I forget what it's called, though, and it probably doesn't work on other mods' magnets.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
yes I have the right recipe and items supplied. I'm going to try updating my pack (especially since NEI just crashed it anyway when trying to /give me an item... accidentally, I might note. Forgot I was on cheat mode not utility mode heheh) and then I'll take and share a screenshot of the GUI if it's still not working.
help, I still can't get it to work! It should have power (there's fully powered RF leadstone fluxducts beneath the carpenter), and according to NEI, the recipe is correct...????

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Open the WAILA settings (pressing 0 on the numpad - numlock may need to be turned on)
Then you will have 2 buttons, press the one on the left
And then press the "default" button (look for the word default, I forget the name)

That'll do it for ya - I also hate the transparentness

That works! Thanks you!

That's weird. If you put the alpha setting to 1.00, you get a transparent background as if was to 0.00.

I can't read when it's transparent.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Going to have to repeat ScottulusMaximus's question. Have you actually supplied it with the right fluids?
could have sworn when I looked at it earlier it didn't require water, but apparently that's the problem! Thanks for bearing with me

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
could have sworn when I looked at it earlier it didn't require water, but apparently that's the problem! Thanks for bearing with me
Pretty much everything you do with the Carpenter requires a fluid of some sort(there are a few exceptions but they are rarely used I think). you should get used to mousing over the Fluid meter for every recipe as if it only requires something like 0.1B then it might not visually show up.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much everything you do with the Carpenter requires a fluid of some sort(there are a few exceptions but they are rarely used I think). you should get used to mousing over the Fluid meter for every recipe as if it only requires something like 0.1B then it might not visually show up.
yeah, I feel I should have known that, but I haven't played in a while and never really got into forestry enough to use any of the processing machines. I've seen direwolf20 and others use them, but never actually played with them myself. Oh well, that's what this thread is for.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone type out EXACTLY what I need to use the /clearblocks command from cofh to remove all of the RCHiddenTile blocks around player ScottulusMaximus for 500 blocks(or the max distance that won't kill my server). Because this:

/cofh clearblocks {<player> <xRadius> <yRadius> <zRadius> | <xStart> <yStart> <zStart> <xEnd> <yEnd> <zEnd>} [block[#meta]] [block[#meta]] ...

is complete gibberish to me, I've no idea what brackets are supposed to remain etc
/cofh clearblocks ScottulusMaximus 256 256 256 Railcraft:residual.heat