Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Willhelm331

Jul 29, 2019
Hi people,

I am playing on direwolf20 v1.0.4 and I can't seem to power my machinery (e.g. redstone furnace) with rf when I have a fully charged generator placed directly next to it. Is there anyone know why? The machine has its redstone signal turned off and my friend and I weren't able to figure why.

Thanks

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hi people,

I am playing on direwolf20 v1.0.4 and I can't seem to power my machinery (e.g. redstone furnace) with rf when I have a fully charged generator placed directly next to it. Is there anyone know why? The machine has its redstone signal turned off and my friend and I weren't able to figure why.

Thanks
You need cables to power machines from generators nowadays.
Also, I suggest updating the pack, as I believe you are behind (I dunno though, as I avoid that pack like the plague)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How do I get back to the "Ship" after leaving in the Pathfinder modpack?
Craft a Matter Transmitter and a Dialing Device from RFTools (just some wood), and some kind of power source (ExtraUtilities' Survivalist Generator is slow, but efficient; EnderIO's Stirling Engine is much faster, but very inefficient; your choice), and use the Dialer and Transmitter in the same way you used them on the Pathfinder.

Before you do that, though, the entire Bellerophon quest line is for things to do on your first world, and once you've completed that, you can start on the net two quest lines. I recommend doing as many quests in your first world as you can, so that you'll have a better idea of what material dimlets to look for and put in your next world.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You need cables to power machines from generators nowadays.
Also, I suggest updating the pack, as I believe you are behind (I dunno though, as I avoid that pack like the plague)

That's a bit harsh Jordsta... The recommended version of the pack is 1.1.1.
1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are available but not recommended

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
That's a bit harsh Jordsta... The recommended version of the pack is 1.1.1.
1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are available but not recommended
You said you're running 1.0.4... and that the recommended version is 1.1.1... so you could at least update to 1.1.1 without moving into hostile waters.
And, in response to your earlier question, we'd need to see some pictures of your setup I think.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
mystcraft question? what dimensions can you make a mystcraft portal? can it be other shapes than rectangle?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
i'm going to try carpenter's blocks when I get home and see if that can work. Carpenter block with a crystal hmmmm

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
another question. Any way to make an AE cable invisible? like a transparent cover that makes the cable disappear?

Fraggie001

Jul 29, 2019
How i miss random things in Infinity ;-(

Is there a block like the player interface and the Online Detector from random things in infinity ?

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Hopefully this should be simple enough, but..

[Regrowth] Why are my crops just popping off every now and again? Kind of really annoying, almost lost my upgraded wheat seeds and lost a third of my basic sugarcane farm from this.
(I'm assuming this is AgriCraft's doing, but the config doesn't seem to show any kind of thing relating to crops just popping off their sticks)
2015-03-30_16.00.20.png

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

[Regrowth] Why are my crops just popping off every now and again? Kind of really annoying, almost lost my upgraded wheat seeds and lost a third of my basic sugarcane farm from this.
(I'm assuming this is AgriCraft's doing, but the config doesn't seem to show any kind of thing relating to crops just popping off their sticks)
2015-03-30_16.00.20.png

If you have updated to the latest version, most plants won't grow in plain dirt anymore, according to GemSlate's YouTubes. There are now several soil mixtures needed for different plant types. He had quite a spread going and was a bit peeved at having to replace dirt to get things growing again after the update.

Reactions: Cirom

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

2015-03-30_16.00.20.png
the sugar cane to the very right may not have enough light.
The seeds on the very left may not be hydrated, but I don't really know what you are asking

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
If you have updated to the latest version, most plants won't grow in plain dirt anymore, according to GemSlate's YouTubes. There are now several soil mixtures needed for different plant types. He had quite a spread going and was a bit peeved at having to replace dirt to get things growing again after the update.
Most plants don't, no - but that's wheat. Wheat does. (Although that's actually Tilled Garden Soil anyway, if you look closely)
Maybe it's the fact that the crops are more higher level now? They didn't seem to pop off when they were 1/1/1 crops, but now I'm starting to get to level 5/6 in some stats... Although likewise, I don't see AgriCraft mentioning anything about this.

the sugar cane to the very right may not have enough light.
The seeds on the very left may not be hydrated, but I don't really know what you are asking
I highly doubt that light is the issue when the sugarcane seeds RIGHT NEXT to the torch ended up popping off. Likewise - water blocks hydrate farmland in a 4 block radius. You'll notice the farmland is 9x9, being the maximum size farm you can have for a single block of water. I very much doubt this to be the issue of why my crops are just popping off their sticks.