[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm reading this right, it looks Dire Wolves are hard-coded to spawn in any light level, presumably because they normally only spawn in wintery biomes, and this would mimic the behavior of a vanilla wolf. I've submitted an issue on the Enderzoo github.
https://github.com/SleepyTrousers/E...pants/enderzoo/entity/EntityDireWolf.java#L75
Code:
protected boolean isValidLightLevel() {
return true;
}
Thank you, so much. You are doing this pack a great service. I hope it gets modified.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I keep forgetting to ask: Are gas leaks supposed to spawn on land? I have found several along the shore in ocean biomes. This is 0.71, new world.

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
I just tested this, and found that I still get the crash for both known conditions - 1) looking at uses for planks or wool, and scrolling to the right past the Assembly Table recipes and 2) Looking at a recipe, exiting the world, reloading the world (without a client restart), then looking at the same recipe - is that working for you after upgrading?

Yes, but I also upgraded Applied Energistics as well. I made changes to the following mods:
  • Applied Energistics2-rv2-beta-10 ---> appliedenergistics2-rv2-beta-13
  • CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.29-universal ---> CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.35-universal
  • NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.83-universal ---> NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.90-universal
Other than that I've made no other changes and I've not had an issue with looking up recipes. Give me 5 minutes and I'll test the crash you're having with my client and see if I can reproduce it - if I can I'll continue to hunt down the bug.

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
I keep forgetting to ask: Are gas leaks supposed to spawn on land? I have found several along the shore in ocean biomes. This is 0.71, new world.

Nope - they typically spawn at the very bottom of the ocean in the deeper parts or at bedrock level far as I know.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Well honestly it would help if someone actually reported this bug on the BC github. Maybe then it would actually get fixed...
The problem is we only have two devs right now, and one of them has a real-life job and only works on robots.

Those things take time, and finding bug reports concealed in claims about a mod sucking is really not nice.

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but I also upgraded Applied Energistics as well. I made changes to the following mods:
  • Applied Energistics2-rv2-beta-10 ---> appliedenergistics2-rv2-beta-13
  • CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.29-universal ---> CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.35-universal
  • NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.83-universal ---> NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.90-universal
Other than that I've made no other changes and I've not had an issue with looking up recipes. Give me 5 minutes and I'll test the crash you're having with my client and see if I can reproduce it - if I can I'll continue to hunt down the bug.

Ok found the cause of the crash (I was able to reproduce it) - I'll see if I can isolate a fix that's available for it and post the results here. Shouldn't take long - unfortunately I'm unable to adjust the code itself or it would only be a few minutes.

EDIT - I've found the error - it's located within the Enhanced Inventories code - can reference a line number and even tell you what the problem is but that would do little good here. Instead I'm going to recommend the fix on the source site. I'm not a contributor so all I can do is look at the code far as I know at this point.

EDIT AGAIN - On closer inspection it could also be a problem with the recipe files. I would take a look at those and make sure there isn't a blank or comma or some such where there shouldn't be leading NEI to think there's more ingredients than there actually are which would cause the crash.This occurs at a specific recipe (which one I couldn't tell you though) so that is probably the issue instead of the code. There have been edits and overrides to recipes done by the mod creator so there in could lie the issue - mistype somewhere. Just a thought without actually looking at the code.

TO thephoenixlodge
If you would like some extra help with debugging the code and adding newer and more complex features, let me know! =D

Last edited:

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is we only have two devs right now, and one of them has a real-life job and only works on robots.

Those things take time, and finding bug reports concealed in claims about a mod sucking is really not nice.

I've been coding for 15 years ... if you need help I've got time on my hands. I've no imagination for writing my own mod, but more than capable of solving bugs and code errors.

Seebo

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a few questions for the folks out there playing 0.7.1, and please forgive me if I missed them in this post over the last couple of days,

I put lava crystal/smelting on a hammer as well as a lumber axe. Works great on the axe, and on Iron and Gold its amazing on the hammer. I place the blocks that Magical crops gives me and I get 2.5-3x ingots from them. However with tin and copper, when I use the smelting hammer I get apatite back rather than ingots. Is this intended?

Are gravestone crypts supposed to be spawning? How about Thaumcraft obelisks? I started a new world for the pack update and have explored out 1200-1500 blocks in all cardinal directions from my house and have had no luck with either.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a few questions for the folks out there playing 0.7.1, and please forgive me if I missed them in this post over the last couple of days,

I put lava crystal/smelting on a hammer as well as a lumber axe. Works great on the axe, and on Iron and Gold its amazing on the hammer. I place the blocks that Magical crops gives me and I get 2.5-3x ingots from them. However with tin and copper, when I use the smelting hammer I get apatite back rather than ingots. Is this intended?

Are gravestone crypts supposed to be spawning? How about Thaumcraft obelisks? I started a new world for the pack update and have explored out 1200-1500 blocks in all cardinal directions from my house and have had no luck with either.

Yeah, instead of getting tin or copper from tin and copper, you're supposed to get a completely unrelated item like apatite. In fact, if you get regular diamond ore and do what you're doing, it'll spawn a few disco sheep for each ore :D

What do you think? I mean, if an early essence seed recipe requires a higher-tier essence and others of the same levels don't, that may be intended and should be inquired about. If you're mining an ore and getting something completely different, it's obviously not intended. It's like asking if it's intended that chopping spruce down trees with your axe gives nether stars; that's obviously not an intended feature.

Reactions: Mindfeak926

Seebo

Jul 29, 2019
What do you think? I mean, if an early essence seed recipe requires a higher-tier essence and others of the same levels don't, that may be intended and should be inquired about. If you're mining an ore and getting something completely different, it's obviously not intended. It's like asking if it's intended that chopping spruce down trees with your axe gives nether stars; that's obviously not an intended feature.

People had been asking for a means to get apatite in previous posts, I thought it possible that this was now a means of it. I thought it odd, but hell, enough is changed from the norm in this mod pack that I wasn't completely sure.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
People had been asking for a means to get apatite in previous posts, I thought it possible that this was now a means of it. I thought it odd, but hell, enough is changed from the norm in this mod pack that I wasn't completely sure.

You're telling me that, by your logic, you believed that thephoenix lodge, in response to people's asking for a way to get apatite, put it in that putting autosmelt on a tinker's construct hammer and hitting copper/tin with it as a way to get apatite? And furthermore, that this was not mentioned anywhere, either in the changelogs, the questbook, or by thephoenixlodge himself, and that he's just expecting EVERYONE to just stumble across it on their own? Because that seems to be what you're telling me your logic is. To reiterate: that the modpack creator put in a ridiculously convoluted and nonsensical system of getting something people had been asking for with no documentation anywhere, which implies that he expects people to discover it of their own accord.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
You're telling me that, by your logic, you believed that thephoenix lodge, in response to people's asking for a way to get apatite, put it in that putting autosmelt on a tinker's construct hammer and hitting copper/tin with it as a way to get apatite? And furthermore, that this was not mentioned anywhere, either in the changelogs, the questbook, or by thephoenixlodge himself, and that he's just expecting EVERYONE to just stumble across it on their own? Because that seems to be what you're telling me your logic is. To reiterate: that the modpack creator put in a ridiculously convoluted and nonsensical system of getting something people had been asking for with no documentation anywhere, which implies that he expects people to discover it of their own accord.
Hey now, no need to be quite so snarky about it. Admittedly this isn't the first time something odd has been happening with forestry's ores. Previously if you placed and broke a block of copper from forestry it would drop as a block of apatite.
But yea, this is certainly rather odd and unintended behaviour.

My post was in no way aimed at you but rather at all the people constantly complaining about an issue I was having issues reproducing myself to be able to report effectively. I appreciate all the work you guys do on BC and am quite the fan of the mod, which is why the pack specifically encourages the use of pipes.

Seebo

Jul 29, 2019
I believed it was possibly some random bit of code that was being made to eventually provide apatite and it got buggy, and was hoping for some simple confirmation that other folks had seen it and it wasn't supposed to be happening. And that our devs would be made aware of it.

Thank you, thephoenixlodge.

I'm now putting the forestry ore through the mariculture dictionary block and its hammer smelting just fine.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Desman

Sep 23, 2014

Try exploring islands for obelisks, someone mentioned it may be relevant. I posted a 1.7 seed with an obelisk a while ago. Haven't seen a catacomb in this version yet, but they should be still spawning.