[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
meh i just restarted idrc about early game seed grinding usually alot to do so it doesnt bother me :) and i prefer the various updates to the mods and new quests :)

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
Started a new world and played for a bit on .7.1. All my previous lag problems and creating/changing worlds are completely gone, it's running amazing. But if anyone knows how to tone down the howls that would be awesome lol.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Also, "Let's try punching things" is stuck with everything registering except for the four charcoal I need, which is screwing up later quests. Manual detect won't work either.

EDIT: And the quests that come after, with the flint pickax head and the seed as images, are both locked, even after using /hqm edit to force-complete "Let's try punching things."

It also appears that all reputation has been reset, and since I can't complete quests again, I'm kind of screwed on anything that requires reputation.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
If it's Witchery spawning the wolves that howl I think I'm just gonna downgrade it.
It's not witchery, it's Ender Zoo. The only reason the direwolves weren't enabled before is because I'd done a typo while setting up ender zoo way back in the early stages of the pack. I noticed the typo while making it so that concussion creepers can't spawn in the Outer Lands.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, 32 new worlds and around 6 hours of searching with 0 luck! I know I have bad luck but come on! If anyone who is playing on the newest version of this pack, and has seen a Thaumcraft Eldritch Obelisk Please take a screen shot so I know its just my luck. Thanks in advance:)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be an issue with the Server files. When I try to load it up it tells me that the state engine is incorrect and wont even create the eula file for me to accept.

*edit: ive attached one of the crash reports.
Remove Enchiridion 2. Looks like it needs to be added to my list of client side mods to remove when prepping the server for release - woops.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, 32 new worlds and around 6 hours of searching with 0 luck! I know I have bad luck but come on! If anyone who is playing on the newest version of this pack, and has seen a Thaumcraft Eldritch Obelisk Please take a screen shot so I know its just my luck. Thanks in advance:)
Try keeping a sinister lodestone on your hotbar. It lights up when looking in the direction of a sinister node. They definitely do spawn, I went searching for and found a few while testing the witching gadgets config for it.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Also, "Let's try punching things" is stuck with everything registering except for the four charcoal I need, which is screwing up later quests. Manual detect won't work either.

EDIT: And the quests that come after, with the flint pickax head and the seed as images, are both locked, even after using /hqm edit to force-complete "Let's try punching things."

It also appears that all reputation has been reset, and since I can't complete quests again, I'm kind of screwed on anything that requires reputation.
did you claim reward? i think that gives you the rep from what i read

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Then you can't hear other mobs. Hearing mobs is a good thing!

I'm just turning dire wolves off. They're stupidly overpowered by the sound of things anyway... just like wither cats, except also stupidly LOUD.

I keep the mob volume down to 50 because it get's loud in the catacombs. That's why I didn't even think about the howling. But yeah, I didn't think it would be a good idea to turn it all the way down.lol That's how bad things happen when you can't hear.lol

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
did you claim reward? i think that gives you the rep from what i read

How should I go about claiming the reward on a quest that refuses to complete? It's not completed. Reward can't be gotten. It shows as completed (as in, not flashing or purple), but the next immediate quests act like it's not.

As for the reputation, I'll say it again. The quests already count as completed. My reputation has been reset to 0 for everything. I can not claim rewards from quests that count as completed.

EDIT: Honestly, it seems like the quests are still pretty wonky. Guess I'm headed back to .65 until things get fixed a little bit more.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be an issue with the Server files. When I try to load it up it tells me that the state engine is incorrect and wont even create the eula file for me to accept.

*edit: ive attached one of the crash reports.
Same problem here... server will not start

[16:56:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: The following problems were captured during this phase
[16:56:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Caught exception from Enchiridion2
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljoshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiMain;
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_45]
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

Found that deleting Enchiridion 2 from the mods folder allowed it to start.
and I was able to connect with the 0.71 client

Reactions: nurq0

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
How should I go about claiming the reward on a quest that refuses to complete? It's not completed. Reward can't be gotten. It shows as completed (as in, not flashing or purple), but the next immediate quests act like it's not.

As for the reputation, I'll say it again. The quests already count as completed. My reputation has been reset to 0 for everything. I can not claim rewards from quests that count as completed.

EDIT: Honestly, it seems like the quests are still pretty wonky. Guess I'm headed back to .65 until things get fixed a little bit more.
hqm edit it >.> so it becomes uncompleted and then edit it complete then claim reward

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
hqm edit it >.> so it becomes uncompleted and then edit it complete then claim reward

Yeah, that works for the one's that I've already completed, but that one quest refuses to fix itself. I've tried resetting and everything, but it won't do. Meh, I'm already back in .65, guess I'm waiting for another update for everything to right itself.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
You can turn down mob sounds in the option menu.

Did that before I even heard them, but don't like it all the way off because... creepers. The wolf howls are just too loud compared to other mob sounds. Not this pack's fault.

Oh, spawned in sight of ocean... headed left up coast gathering resources and looking for a place to settle. No issues with early quests including tool building. Stalled on quests now because pack full. :)

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated and launched the game. It starts new saves just fine, but when I try to load my last version save it seems to get stuck. Should I wait? Do something else? Start a new save (oh god no... qq)?

Here's where it gets stuck:
Code:
INFO: locking with exclusion 0
Mar 16, 2015 12:30:17 AM climateControl.utils.Saver savee
INFO: C:\Users\Draconicrose\Documents\Minecraft Launchers\FTB Launcher\Regrowth\minecraft\saves\Lets Regrow\data\LockedSubBiomesDimension_0.dat
Mar 16, 2015 12:30:17 AM climateControl.LockGenLayer lock
INFO: setting up SubBiomes watching false
Mar 16, 2015 12:30:17 AM climateControl.ClimateControl onWorldLoad
INFO: net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderGenerate@ba392c
INFO: Desert present
INFO: MushroomIsland present
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 12
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.read(Quest.java:1283)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:852)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:605)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:513)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:497)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_550_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
[00:30:17] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)