[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
0.7.1 is now live on the launcher.
- Made quest "It's Essential" no longer require "Soiled Plans". Hopefully this will allow worlds to transition from 0.6.5 better
No love from my book. Same world, similar crash as before.
I take it all back, it just took a realllllly long time, but it finally worked. HUZZAH! A lot of quests aren't completed, so time to see if there's an easier way than /hqm edit.. hoping triggering the right ones causes a chain reaction.

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I just found an easy way to get garden soil/seed oil: pumpkins. A 4x4 10/10/10 field gives you a stack of pumpkins. As we all know from vanilla can you turn 1 pumpkin into 4 seeds. That's 4 stacks of seeds from 1 harvest :)
PSA
Leaves also work... (Garden soil) not just seeds... Mana shears anyone?

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
PSA
Leaves also work... (Garden soil) not just seeds... Mana shears anyone?
Got you beat, use sticks. You get a ton from harvesting the deadwood trees and they are even easier to get in large numbers than pumpkins early on. Once you have an automated farm pumpkins would probably go back to being better however since I'm not sure what options there are in this pack for wood automation.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
With .71 I've gotten a 15 minute "Loading world" screen... have to be away from comp, going to just let it do it's thing... hope it's just fighting with my massive exploration ...

EDIT: Launcher console seems stopped at INFO:MushroomIsland present and has done nothing for those 15 minutes since...

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I think I will completely reinstall in a different folder and then try 0.71, leaving my 0.65 install alone. :) Not that I am paranoid or anything.

Then start a fresh world. Bad habit of mine. Never seem to quite reach end-game content.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess I'm staying on 0.6.5 permanently because from what I've read on the forums, updating breaks the quests and we have to re-do them? But I've put so much work into my base (all my 10-10-10 plants LOL), there's no way I'd ever want to re-do it all - that's more like a nightmare than an appealing thought. And I'm not complaining because we're always warned that this may (and probably will) happen with updates. I guess I'm just curious how many are gonna be in the same boat as me. I always lose my motivation to keep going with modpacks after a few weeks of play anyhow, the early-to-mid game is always the best part of any pack.

PrimalHulkSmash

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be an issue with the Server files. When I try to load it up it tells me that the state engine is incorrect and wont even create the eula file for me to accept.

*edit: ive attached one of the crash reports.

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-15_18.26.27-server.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess I'm staying on 0.6.5 permanently because from what I've read on the forums, updating breaks the quests and we have to re-do them? But I've put so much work into my base (all my 10-10-10 plants LOL), there's no way I'd ever want to re-do it all - that's more like a nightmare than an appealing thought. And I'm not complaining because we're always warned that this may (and probably will) happen with updates. I guess I'm just curious how many are gonna be in the same boat as me.

It was just updated to .71 that fixed the issues wit .7

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
It was just updated to .71 that fixed the issues wit .7

Does it still bugger .65 quest information? I'm currently testing to see what happens, with a full copy of .65 Regrowth sitting on my desktop just in case .71 decides to eat all my quests.

angelgirl2345

Jul 29, 2019
With .71 I've gotten a 15 minute "Loading world" screen... have to be away from comp, going to just let it do it's thing... hope it's just fighting with my massive exploration ...

EDIT: Launcher console seems stopped at INFO:MushroomIsland present and has done nothing for those 15 minutes since...
Mine does this as well ;; I hope I won't have to start my world over to update.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
I have come to appreciate two things, one I think would be good for this pack: Fastcraft and JourneyMap. Have you considered adding fastcraft to the pack to help iron out some of Minecrafts inefficiencies?

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Does it still bugger .65 quest information? I'm currently testing to see what happens, with a full copy of .65 Regrowth sitting on my desktop just in case .71 decides to eat all my quests.
My quest book is mostly fine. Some quests apparently changed and I had to redo them for credit, that's all.

What I want to know is, how do I turn off that damned HOWLING?

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Just loaded up .71 from .65, had the chisel chests thing come up, will update on how it goes.

Took a few minutes, but it loaded my world fairly quickly. Next up, I'll have to poke at my quest book.

Well, looks like all the crafting quests have decided to reset :p