Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I expressed my concern, as a reader/poster, about what has been going on here recently and suggested some alternatives. There's a rapidly growing trend amongst a handful of regular posters that amounts to, "This topic doesn't interest me, so I'll just derail it." It's rude and it's disrespectful, and I don't have to be a moderator to point that out.
aye but you do have to be one to moderate/chastise us for it :)

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
aye but you do have to be one to moderate/chastise us for it :)

I didn't moderate you, I don't have the powers to do so even if I wanted to. And you're one of the worst for derailing threads that don't interest you instead of just moving on to something else, so take that as you will. Notice it's the ones most apt to derail defending their apparent right to do so. Just stop it. It's not complicated.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
You realise that labouring the point is contributing to the supposed derailment you are complaining about, yes? For similar reasons I don't intend to continue on this topic past this post and I suggest you do the same.

Relevant secondary tangental topics to a central topic are common in civil and even academic discourse of all kinds for a reason: the secondary topics help to further illuminate the primary issue and provide a wider context for that issue. This is equally true here. I would agree with you if the secondary issues being discussed here were non-sequiturs to the primary topic but they are not so there is no real reason to complain other than you desiring a static and artificial venue for conversation that, if the general attitude of the community here is any indication, you will not find on this forum.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
In other news, and on topic since Yogscast has shown them on their channel, Dave Chaos and crew have put out a new FTB series. Seems VGToolbox also has one. So enjoy the humour!!

(BTW i am American and I love British humour. I grew up on Whose Line.)

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
In other news, and on topic since Yogscast has shown them on their channel, Dave Chaos and crew have put out a new FTB series. Seems VGToolbox also has one. So enjoy the humour!!

(BTW i am American and I love British humour. I grew up on Whose Line.)
Strangely enough DaveChaos has a Tekkit Classic, a Tekkit Lite, and an FTB series. He's really milking the modded SMP :p

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
True and I believe he did an Aether lp. I like Dave and his group. Nipde did a fun job on Don't Starve. Anywho I have tekkit episodes to catch up seeing how I really just watched Rythian

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
You realise that labouring the point is contributing to the supposed derailment you are complaining about, yes? For similar reasons I don't intend to continue on this topic past this post and I suggest you do the same.

Relevant secondary tangental topics to a central topic are common in civil and even academic discourse of all kinds for a reason: the secondary topics help to further illuminate the primary issue and provide a wider context for that issue. This is equally true here. I would agree with you if the secondary issues being discussed here were non-sequiturs to the primary topic but they are not so there is no real reason to complain other than you desiring a static and artificial venue for conversation that, if the general attitude of the community here is any indication, you will not find on this forum.
WATDAFUQ?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
WATDAFUQ?

If you discuss a complex topic, other side topics are naturally going to come up that are related to it that help to explain the main topic better. Ignoring these side topics and treating the main topic like it exists in a vacuum ends up with you not understanding the issue as well as you would if you looked at the side topics as well.

DaveChaos

Isn't he the guy who did all the crazy golf courses with the Yogscast roughly a year ago? I enjoyed those.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe he did. I know Dave from the Battle for the Crown map where like twelve teams got together. I found many cool people on there like Hatt Films.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
OzcZMcM.gif
Irish ftw we never give a s*** :)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
lol, so if a youtuber you dislike plays a game, you won't play it?

well, 100% of rapists and killers in the world have drink water, will you stop drinking water from now on?

back on topic, technic wouldn't be nothing if it wasn't for the yogscast.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
If you discuss a complex topic, other side topics are naturally going to come up that are related to it that help to explain the main topic better. Ignoring these side topics and treating the main topic like it exists in a vacuum ends up with you not understanding the issue as well as you would if you looked at the side topics as well.

It was more, wtf are you talking about? I dont understand a thing you are saying, as the great Samuel L Jackson put it "English mutha f*&^er, do you speak it!?"

And I thought a debate about english comedians would be on topic when talking about the Yogscast, them being english comedians and all....

Its also interesting to note that someone else picked up the whole goons not playing a goons modpack, I wonder if the Something Awful guys told the yogs we have our new modpack that we are playing but you cant play it cause then all the drama will follow you due to raising its awareness. So now they are coming here as tekkit is now missing some pretty serious updates and mods. I am happy to just watch Sips and Sijn mess around to be honest and are glad they are coming to FTB as I think Myscraft, forestry and of course Thaumcraft would be amusing mods to watch them mess up.

technic wouldn't be nothing if it wasn't for the yogscast.

It would still be a pretty solid modpack with a stable launcher.....

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Its also interesting to note that someone else picked up the whole goons not playing a goons modpack, I wonder if the Something Awful guys told the yogs we have our new modpack that we are playing but you cant play it cause then all the drama will follow you due to raising its awareness.
Actually, none of us really care about the Yogscast, we just play our mods and ignore all the crying and screaming :v. It's good to see the Yogscast running FTB and Voltz, lots of variation there, and that means competition and then everybody wins!

Reactions: GreenWolf13

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Mm, as a quick on-topic question: What, exactly, is "the Yogscast"? I did some searching, but it's like trying to figure out about comic books (or mangas, for kids these days) when you barely watch cartoons (or anime, for the same the same). Because, I may be mistaken, but it looks like a few people that post videos. If so, why is it getting such drama? Thanks!

On side-topic, to paraphrase one of the true greats: It is better to remain silent and thought a fool then to hit reply and remove all doubt.
Better for your appearance, but not better for group cohesion and understanding each other. If you are ignorant, there should be no logical reason to not try and change that, be it by communication, research, or whatnot.

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
If you are ignorant, there should be no logical reason to not try and change that, be it by communication, research, or whatnot.

Velotican clearly tried that approach, and you can see the result. Keep up, brother! Don't let them drag you down!

FausticSun

Jul 29, 2019
Mm, as a quick on-topic question: What, exactly, is "the Yogscast"? I did some searching, but it's like trying to figure out about comic books (or mangas, for kids these days) when you barely watch cartoons (or anime, for the same the same). Because, I may be mistaken, but it looks like a few people that post videos. If so, why is it getting such drama? Thanks!

They are indeed a bunch of people making videos. It's just that they were involved in a whole lot of drama with the promotion of the Technic Pack when it first started with no permissions from the modders. Even though Technic has gotten permissions now and most modders are cool with it people still hate it due to its past and refuse to see past their blind hatred. And thus they think Yogscast are in the wrong for promoting this mod pack.

That is for this context of FTB and modpacks anyway, pretty sure other reasons people took a strong stand against either side of the Yogscast is their strong personality (you either like them or hate them) and the Minecon 2011 debacle where people think Yogscast was in the wrong there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.