Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
This is exactly what the Yogscast are; entertainers, not informers. If you want to know HOW to play these mods, then go watch DW20. If you want to see someone playing them and just messing around, watch the Yogscast.

Bingo. Though, Dire can be fairly entertaining, in his own right. So long as the Yog fans that end up here keep their noses clean, I see no problems with em.

Honestly, the only Yogs I even watch anymore are Sips and Sjin. Sips because he's consistently entertaining, and Sjin because he's a really, REALLY good architect, there's no denyin that.

CreepersBestFriend

Jul 29, 2019
If Yogscast started playing FTB, I would probably stop playing it. Same thing with Tekkit, I played it a lot, but when they played it, i stopped because I couldn't get their annoying accents out of my head when I played.(And there cheatiness rubbed on to me **Cough EE2 Cough**)

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
If Yogscast started playing FTB, I would probably stop playing it. Same thing with Tekkit, I played it a lot, but when they played it, i stopped because I couldn't get their annoying accents out of my head when I played.(And there cheatiness rubbed on to me **Cough EE2 Cough**)
Luckily, FTB doesn't have EE2. And while EE3 is still a little bit cheaty, it's not nearly as bad as just dumping everything you don't want in an energy condenser.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I could see with an influx of new players occuring because Yoggs starts to do FTB is the currently famished official FTB wiki. It is in dire need of both being filled up and acquiring a better layout and a better visual presentation/interface.

Ppl transfering from Tekkit to FTB would be used to a pretty complete and easy to navigate Wiki over at Tekkit, and they would rely on these forums here to cover the slack of the FTB wiki, potentially flooding the forum with questions that the Wiki should have covered.

Reactions: tabs

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I could see with an influx of new players occuring because Yoggs starts to do FTB is the currently famished official FTB wiki. It is in dire need of both being filled up and acquiring a better layout and a better visual presentation/interface.

Ppl transfering from Tekkit to FTB would be used to a pretty complete and easy to navigate Wiki over at Tekkit, and they would rely on these forums here to cover the slack of the FTB wiki, potentially flooding the forum with questions that the Wiki should have covered.

While that's true, the wiki really ought to be worked on regardless of whether or not we get a sudden influx of new players. I'd add to it, but, quite frankly, my wiki skills are...pretty much non-existent, and I've got projects of my own to work on, along with school and its increasing demand on my life.

I won't touch on EE2 too much, I've seen how much of a...for lack of a better term, sensitive, a subject it is in this particular place, except to say that I found the condenser quite handy for turning garbage items (ie: rotten flesh, excess cobble, etc) into something useful, like iron. Granted, IC2 does that with recyclers and scrap boxes, but twas just simpler to have one chest where you could send all your worthless items and not only get something good out of them, but more times than not, save storage space, as well. In a world without barrels, space really is quite a concern.

Honestly, the Yogs' playstyle doesn't bother me much. They have their way, and I have mine, both are equally valid and neither is superior to another.

Really, its a game. Its there to play and have fun doing it. At least, that's what it is for me. I don't make money playing it, I don't work for Mojang or King Lemming or Eloraam or whoever, I'm just a gamer. A gamer who likes Minecraft, and who particularly enjoys what FTB has to offer for it. As for the concerns about various Yog fans coming here and asking potentially inane questions, I ask you this: should this mod gain popularity by any other means, would that automatically mean that all those coming into it would have no questions? Would it mean that, given a large enough sample size on a long enough timeline, that we, as a forum, would not be faced with inane questions every so often?

My answer? Of course not. Its simple statistics: given a large enough sample and/or a long enough timeline, any possible event can, and will, occur at least once, if not multiple times. Inane questions are an inevitability faced by all communities. Are we gonna wail and gnash our teeth because some newbies don't know copper cable from energy conduits? I won't. If possible, I'll help em, or point em to where they can find their answer. Do you really want us to come across as arrogant, elitist assholes who are too "important" or whatever to handle a few dumbass questions?

Reactions: TheLegendaryFoxFire

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
just don't watch their vids then...?

Reactions: Dravarden

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019

Or people could stop being lazy self-entitled bastards and google "minecraft mod name here".

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Or people could stop being lazy self-entitled bastards and google "minecraft mod name here".
and if they don't know what mod it is? Or if they find the name "mindcrack" cooler than "direwolf20" and then suddenly all the recipies in it are different from the wiki's...

then again, I suppose NEI is everyones best friend at startup

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
and if they don't know what mod it is? Or if they find the name "mindcrack" cooler than "direwolf20" and then suddenly all the recipies in it are different from the wiki's...

then again, I suppose NEI is everyones best friend at startup

but it wont work on forestry recipes

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
i know that it will but ppl that dont like waiting (i can wait) dont care about that, if it isnt fixed now it will never be fixed thats how they act
aye, but we're talking about the influx of new players thanks to the yogscast. It will most likely be fixed before that happens so will be a non issue. Also the fact that the yogfans will be used to tekkit, and not knowing what the hell forestry is will likely not even attempt to make anything from it for a while :p

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
aye, but we're talking about the influx of new players thanks to the yogscast. It will most likely be fixed before that happens so will be a non issue. Also the fact that the yogfans will be used to tekkit, and not knowing what the hell forestry is will likely not even attempt to make anything from it for a while :p

i heard yogscast did something whit bees around the new year and they may touch forestry 1st so alot of ppl will know about it

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
The bee things Yogscast did was a fund raiser so I don't think they will touch bes right away. As for not playing FTB just because a group of Brits play. Really? I mean that just..I don't know. I personally love the accents and will be thrilled to see Lomadia and Nilsey mess around with forestry. Rythian, Zoeya, and Teep with Thaumcraft and EE3. Sips_and Sjin with any of the tech mods. Hell there is a lot for all of the Yogs team to do. Also in case not many have noticed but they re as a whole doing more games then just MC. Just like Total Biscuit grew out of World of Warcraft so too is Yogscast moving away from Minecraft. They are also a business and need to keep fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.