Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is the Yogscast are getting their own FTB pack. It was supposed to be a secret but leaks happen even in fandoms.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that they will be doing ftb after voltz but voltz isn't as big if an modpack as others so I wonder how much episodes are they going to make before they finish it.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that they will be doing ftb after voltz but voltz isn't as big if an modpack as others so I wonder how much episodes are they going to make before they finish it.
I dunno they've already used end-game explosives and almost destroyed the world :p

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno they've already used end-game explosives and almost destroyed the world :p
That's my point they still have fusion reactor to finish and some other stuff to start so I wonder if they are going scripted and wasting tons of episodes on cows to make the series longer.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
that's easily answered: It's the yogscast.
I would think that most, if not all, except the obvious bits, are non scripted. They did the scripted thing with the big head and lost a fair wack of subs. They know that the scripted stuff is not what they are good at and so I would say that most of their stuff is non scripted. On a side note, I just found out, after a year of watching him that FPS Russia is not bloody Russian but is an American with an accent. I feel dumb.

Edit: Although SoI does wreak my theory as that was scripted and very popular.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
My lord, I just spend an hour reading this whole topic from the first page and it went down from disliking Yogscast to disliking their fanbase and fear of spamming, to Techinic/Tekkit permissions arguments and more, even one going as far to not play FTB if the Yogscast played it. Seriously? Talk about derailing and overreacting.

If you dislike the Yogscast, fine, to each their own cookie. After all, we're free to have our own opinions, but to dislike the fact/possibility of the Yogscast playing FTB in fear of what it's fanbase may possibly bring to the forums on grounds of immaturity and spamming....well I'm sorry, but that just makes you sound like a petty elitist. Every community has their rotten apples, even the FTB forums have their share of them and no one can really deny that. So whether their community joins up on these forums or not should not even be a reason to dislike it, you're not forced to read or reply to their topics so why bother hating on it?

In my opinion, I'm fine with the Yogscast moving over to FTB, I've stopped watching their Tekkit series ever since I started playing FTB, it's just confusing to do so and I welcome a new series with the FTB pack by them.
I also look forward to a potential modpack by them, in all honesty the Yogbox was pretty funny and I liked the whole survival/RPG aspect of it, which is something that FTB doesn't really provide yet.
As for their community, to say that a majority is immature....yeah, I can agree, to claim an age range....that's just generalization, I'm 27 myself and I like their humor (or humour as the Brits say it). To fear that they will clog up the forums with noob acts and spamming...that's just something that will inevitably happen anyway, it's part of every internet community. I mean, about every forum dedicated to minecraft has it (it's even worse for MMO games!)

All in all, people should stop worrying about what if's and more concern themselves to what they like rather then bother with what they dislike.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed that yogscast stopped doing snapshots around the time they started whit mods. (It may be before but now I'm sure that they stopped)

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember SoI was scripted around season 2 and on. Tekkit is mostly improv but with a few bits known. The head idea, which I thought wasa good design, was not too scripted. Voltz, from the little I seen, is more lego talk but with some elements of scripting.

Main thing I disliked about Voltz is they gave themselves a huge supply lead right away. I know mining for stuff is boring to some viewers but it just looked so out of place to have nearly everything at the start.

Reactions: PCPuddin

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember SoI was scripted around season 2 and on. Tekkit is mostly improv but with a few bits known. The head idea, which I thought wasa good design, was not too scripted. Voltz, from the little I seen, is more lego talk but with some elements of scripting.

Main thing I disliked about Voltz is they gave themselves a huge supply lead right away. I know mining for stuff is boring to some viewers but it just looked so out of place to have nearly everything at the start.
At least they didn't give themselves red matter explosives... Oh wait.

Reactions: Mooseman9

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
LOL. I suspect if it was a legit play through of Voltz Xephos and Lalna would have died a few times by now, if they have I dunno as I only seen like up to episode 3.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
LOL. I suspect if it was a legit play through of Voltz Xephos and Lalna would have died a few times by now, if they have I dunno as I only seen like up to episode 3.
then im not giong to spoil it but they are going to spawn in stuff that they dont understand.

as far as i know inthelittlewood is in yogscast team and he streamed FTB (streaming if you read this fast)

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Martin is part of the 'Cast now. I think he dropped Tekkit as he didn't want his channel to be nothing but Tekkit. I also like how he is playing with NerdCubed, not like that...cheeky monkeys.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
In the first couple episodes they set off a sonic bomb of some sort and died to it, and died a few times to the mobs that spawns in the debris :p

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
That I saw. Kinda makes me wonder how they manage to get as far as they do. On camera they sure suck at playing even vanilla MC. Heck isn't it Lomadia whom has done more in like 20ish episodes of her series with Nilsey then the others did in over 100+ combined?

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
That I saw. Kinda makes me wonder how they manage to get as far as they do. On camera they sure suck at playing even vanilla MC. Heck isn't it Lomadia whom has done more in like 20ish episodes of her series with Nilsey then the others did in over 100+ combined?
It's not like people watch them to see skilled gamers gaming skillfully. I can't even watch Rythian play XCOM without contracting nerdrabies.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but she started with pretty much a full setup spawned in. The other guys pretty much started from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.