Why don't people like IC2 anymore?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
well, it's possible to ignore induction furnace for automated setups, since there is bunch of mods(TE included) that do round robing sorting, which allow to spread load between furnaces with no problem.
sure... I would need 10 TE furnaces to keep pace with the one IC Ind Furnace though. I don't hate greg that much.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
The current pack of Monster and I saw another post saying DW20 pack both are missing the recipe to make copper wire for the MP Suits the TE way, so unfortunately had to use the ic2 recipe to make wire. I felt violated.
That's a really quick fix via MPS's configs. Just change Use Thermal Expansion Recipes from False to True :)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
sure... I would need 10 TE furnaces to keep pace with the one IC Ind Furnace though. I don't hate greg that much.
well, if you really need that much smelting speed than probably TE furnaces not gonna cut it. however, there is also mekanism...

Reactions: Omegatron

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
well, if you really need that much smelting speed than probably TE furnaces not gonna cut it. however, there is also mekanism...

Unfortunately not in any of the FTB packs. I don't even think it's supported by the universal configs.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I know of mek, I don't know a thing about it. maybe I'll look at that stuff someday.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
With machines that break and power cables that evaporate when the wrong thing it done, it is very unforgiving to new players.

Love it the first time I had cables fry. Made it challenging. I am probably removing TE3 from any pack I play from now on, and am desperately waiting for IC2 to get past experimental phase and offer a stable version again.

Also enjoyed a combustion engine blowing up the first time. it was ... scary! A creeper came right though the wall of my building... oh no not by the chests full of copper!

To me if mods remove all of the risk, they remove all of the fun.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
To me if mods remove all of the risk, they remove all of the fun.

The concept of fun differs from one to another. Some, like yourself, like the explosions. Many others, like myself, find them to be needlessly punitive for what could be a simple mistake. A simple mistake that can potentially set you back a significant amount of time.

Though explosions alone are not why I have mixed feelings of IC2. Part of it is the very unfinished new power net. Part of it is the requirement of an electric wrench to move even pretty basic machines. Part of it is the needless hammer/cutter mechanic, less for the steps then for the cost of traditionally non-renewables and the extra clutter in your inventory of the leftovers. And the final part is that some of the mechanics don't really play nice with any other mod.

That being said, IC2 is still in my pack and I still haven't decided whether or not I'll keep it around.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Love it the first time I had cables fry. Made it challenging. I am probably removing TE3 from any pack I play from now on, and am desperately waiting for IC2 to get past experimental phase and offer a stable version again.
IC2 will never get past expiremental phase until Alblaklalamalala returns. They can't release an official build without him.

Reactions: Padfoote

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I agree completely! So I assume you disable the Q-Suit in IC2 as well.
Appreciate the addition of lock boxes or whatever their called. 2 things while your here...
-the new tess's... do they still have rf loss of 20% like they used to?
-invar armor: what durability is it and does it take the enchant ability of iron or like gold?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I agree completely! So I assume you disable the Q-Suit in IC2 as well.

Havent used it in months, but now that ive found out that it ruins the fun, I would disable it but i dont see myself using IC2 without gregtech. With gregtech its ok, then its an end game armor, something to shoot for. Creative mode style is ok at times, but not something I want 3 days into a world. This is what ftb offers in most packs.

Reminds me, i cant find anywhere to increase the power draw of your machines. Forestry offers 'easy, normal, hard, hardcore' type modes and defaults to 'easy'. Id like to increase the difficulty of forestry, but the only way I can find to make your machines get tougher too is the steel and diamond recipes. Id like to increase the power draw of a pulverizer by a factor of 5. Is there no way to do this?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBaconator

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
Creative mode style is ok at times

Reminds me, i cant find anywhere to increase the power draw of your machines. Forestry offers 'easy, normal, hard, hardcore' type modes and defaults to 'easy'. Id like to increase the difficulty of forestry, but the only way I can find to make your machines get tougher too is the steel and diamond recipes. Id like to increase the power draw of a pulverizer by a factor of 5. Is there no way to do this?
You just contradicted yourself! ;)

And Forestry defaults to normal mode. ;)
As for power use, I don't know if that is possible.
Edit: What!? Forestry adds a pulverizer and recipes to use Steel or Diamonds now? I think you are talking about TE3, that you removed. ;)
You would be better playing vanilla...

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019

Edit: What!? Forestry adds a pulverizer and recipes to use Steel or Diamonds now? I think you are talking about TE3, that you removed. ;)
He mistakenly wrote Forestry instead of TE
Quote should read
Reminds me, i cant find anywhere to increase the power draw of your machines. Forestry offers 'easy, normal, hard, hardcore' type modes and defaults to 'easy'. Id like to increase the difficulty of Thermal Expansion, but the only way I can find to make your machines get tougher too is the steel and diamond recipes. Id like to increase the power draw of a pulverizer by a factor of 5. Is there no way to do this?

Furthermore, I agree with it. I believe I should be able to change the power draw... I'm thinking of changing it to be lower. So then someone could run 5 pulverizers on a Mek heat generator... Just because :)

zorn

Jul 29, 2019

Forestry in the configs says that it defaults to easy in the 1.5 pack i was playing anyway. Im not sure on te3 honestly, the steel recipes might be ok, but it still doesnt draw enough power. The steel and diamonds are Thermal expansions own config options. I am trying to make TE3 items harder to get to.

Thanks for telling me to go play another game, very polite of you. :) Sorry not everyone plays the game how you do!

Edit: Ahh, I mistyped. My bad. My point was to say 'forestry offers differnt difficulty options, could you do the same?'

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for telling me to go play another game, very polite of you. :) Sorry not everyone plays the game how you do!
I don't think you understand. We are legitimately telling you that it may be more fun for you to play another style of Minecraft or possibly another game entirely, because clearly it is extremely difficult for you to enjoy magic/tech modpacks for lengthy periods of time. That's my honest assessment, and it doesn't have anything to do with how I play.

Status
Not open for further replies.