Why don't more mods have sounds?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Red wire replaced by rednet (from MFR), not only is it cheaper, but more versatile

Tubes replaces by Pipes from Extra utilities or buildcraft for the cheep side, AE mod is an expensive and VERY versitile alt.

Frames has been replaced by MFFS in some way or another, note I do not have personally experience with this due to me never using frames to begin with.

These are all in Unleashed.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I stand by my quote.
Modded minecraft worlds are not meant to be stable/forever.
Recent mods make the game so much more fun your just cutting yourself off from the fun.

Also, i think your reason isnt =3
Meh, there's not many new mods I'm too interested in, except for the new gregtech and hats and maybe ExtraUtils. I hate starting over in minecraft, doing the basic early game things I've already done a million times. It's more of a opinion thing of course, so yeah.

Say, this is getting off topic. What were we talking about?

Edit: STOP RIGHT THERE! This is my 100th message! Wahoo!

Last edited:

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Microblocks in FTB? I didnt see them.

Forge microblocks (multiparts) come with FTB and are as good or better than RP2 ones.

For example, you can do this:
2013_11_19_19_58_54.png

Reactions: AlanEsh and zorn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Forge microblocks (multiparts) come with FTB and are as good or better than RP2 ones.
Yes the new microblocks have better functionality than the old RP2 ones. But sadly very few modders enable their new materials to be available as microblocks. So only really got vanilla materials available atm in the FTB packs. But more can be added in a config file, but I personally use a modpack to prevent me from screwing up stuff I don't know enough about. So would wish more modders enabled microblocks for their items!

Logic gates have been done very nicely by(is it computercraft?) by letting you "program" a single block to function as many different kind of circuits at the same time with 16 input/outputs pr side of the block. You can even have one circuit use another circuit in the same block as input/output. Or you can ofc just use a computer and write a simple program.
The rednet cable is miles ahead of what RP2 had. Its bundled cable neatly packed into a smart funtionality if you want it to be, or you can just use it as the normal redstone wire/cable.

Not really any decent alternative for the frames in the modpacks atm imo. But I havent actually missed it much. It was kinda fun actually to have to use pistons again to move stuff.

I really dont think there is a single thing I'm missing from RP2 when using Unleashed.

Last edited:
Reactions: zorn

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
You dont have to use FTB, you can setup your own instance or use a modpack (I would suggest Resonant rise)
Redstone logic: Reglogic, MFR
Frames: MFFS3, truss's frame mod. (Jakj is NOT COOL)

As i said, other mod packs work.
Resonant rise is the one i would suggest, its maintained well with alot of mods you would want.
The thing is, if you stop being so "awkward" you can go and have fun and not have all the problems you talk about constantly!

All i asked was why more mods didnt have sounds, how did this turn into a thread where a bunch of people told me why i should *play a sandbox game differently*?

I was told over and over that I need to remember people all play differently, right? I have my reasons, you said why I coudl change, I responded why, you say Im awkward. Huh? I was polite about it, why don't you try doing the same? Yes yes of course you didn't mean it that way, you of course tell people face to face that they are awkward all the time, right? Of course not. That's the litmus test, if you know you would anger someone if you said it in person, then don't say it online. Or at least... be prepared for people to get mad. Not me of course, the Ignore button works just fine.

Reactions: MagusUnion

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
All i asked was why more mods didnt have sounds, how did this turn into a thread where a bunch of people told me why i should *play a sandbox game differently*?

I was told over and over that I need to remember people all play differently, right? I have my reasons, you said why I coudl change, I responded why, you say Im awkward. Huh? I was polite about it, why don't you try doing the same? Yes yes of course you didn't mean it that way, you of course tell people face to face that they are awkward all the time, right? Of course not. That's the litmus test, if you know you would anger someone if you said it in person, then don't say it online. Or at least... be prepared for people to get mad. Not me of course, the Ignore button works just fine.
well, thats absolutely fine. But it's a bit silly to be complaining about the lack of sound when you're 2 major versions behind, and mods that have come since then have got sound.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Not jumping down your throat zorn with what I'm about to say. I think recently a lot of air was cleared and it's good. With that said, I think a lot of the push back you get with your posts is that you haven't moved on with the rest of the community with the mod upgrades.

You're still in 1.4.7. All of the major mods have been updated through 2 major versions from what you're playing. What hasn't been updated has been replaced with arguably better mods & functionality. If you updated at least to the current ftb packs you would get an idea of the lack of mod experience you seem to have.

Almost everything you've posted recently could be solved with updating. Mod sounds? Configs and/or update. Slowing progression? An update with more items to use, new mods, lack of old standbys would slow down your progression. Heck if you jumped into a 1.6.4 pack, RR or not, you'd have new sounds, new mobs, new challenges, & new mods like never before.

We're begging you guy! Just update and join us in the current era of mods. It would clear up SO much confusion. I mean you don't even have click and drag crafting in your version of Minecraft. Upgrade. Update. There's guides all over. We'll help you guy!

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Not jumping down your throat zorn with what I'm about to say. I think recently a lot of air was cleared and it's good. With that said, I think a lot of the push back you get with your posts is that you haven't moved on with the rest of the community with the mod upgrades.

You're still in 1.4.7. All of the major mods have been updated through 2 major versions from what you're playing. What hasn't been updated has been replaced with arguably better mods & functionality. If you updated at least to the current ftb packs you would get an idea of the lack of mod experience you seem to have.

Almost everything you've posted recently could be solved with updating. Mod sounds? Configs and/or update. Slowing progression? An update with more items to use, new mods, lack of old standbys would slow down your progression. Heck if you jumped into a 1.6.4 pack, RR or not, you'd have new sounds, new mobs, new challenges, & new mods like never before.

We're begging you guy! Just update and join us in the current era of mods. It would clear up SO much confusion. I mean you don't even have click and drag crafting in your version of Minecraft. Upgrade. Update. There's guides all over. We'll help you guy!
I'm still in 1.5.2 :(

That said, I still have a lot of the mods in RR, and I do agree with you entirely.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
how come you're still there? A server?
Yeah, a server that has only been around for a little over a week, but I had just found someone who could actually pay for one for all of us to use, and I didn't want to remake the pack in 1.6, and at the time a few of the mods were not updated. And now I'm doing a Let's Play on it, so I can't update until I'm done with this season. Granted, I am having a lot of fun with it, messing around with AM for the first time, and all of the new biomes in XBXL.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, a server that has only been around for a little over a week, but I had just found someone who could actually pay for one for all of us to use, and I didn't want to remake the pack in 1.6, and at the time a few of the mods were not updated. And now I'm doing a Let's Play on it, so I can't update until I'm done with this season. Granted, I am having a lot of fun with it, messing around with AM for the first time, and all of the new biomes in XBXL.
you should ask the owner to update ;) linky to your LP?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
you should ask the owner to update ;) linky to your LP?
Nah, not updating, too much work, and the owner has only been using mods for a couple weeks. I also make the pack, this would also mean waiting for the pack to upload to Dropbox, sending it out to everyone, and attempting to make the world compatible with the next version, just too much work. As for my LP, in my signature "YouTube", still figuring out what the best placement for my mic is and stuff. For some reason my screencap software records audio WAY quieter than TS or Mumble gets it.

Reactions: RedBoss

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the new microblocks have better functionality than the old RP2 ones. But sadly very few modders enable their new materials to be available as microblocks. So only really got vanilla materials available atm in the FTB packs. But more can be added in a config file, but I personally use a modpack to prevent me from screwing up stuff I don't know enough about. So would wish more modders enabled microblocks for their items!

Logic gates have been done very nicely by(is it computercraft?) by letting you "program" a single block to function as many different kind of circuits at the same time with 16 input/outputs pr side of the block. You can even have one circuit use another circuit in the same block as input/output. Or you can ofc just use a computer and write a simple program.
The rednet cable is miles ahead of what RP2 had. Its bundled cable neatly packed into a smart funtionality if you want it to be, or you can just use it as the normal redstone wire/cable.

Multipart was new in 1.5 extra utils pipes works with multipart now, and mos other have other covering options (facades, what ever IC2 calls their solution)

The logic gate in questions is from MFR.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
well, thats absolutely fine. But it's a bit silly to be complaining about the lack of sound when you're 2 major versions behind, and mods that have come since then have got sound.

With respect to ftb -we are on the FTB forums right? - Im one vesion behind. What mods have sound in FTB unleashed or Unhinged that I am missing? I don't see any, other than possibly railcraft steam engine sounds? meckanism is not in ftb unless I am mistaken?

What am i missing? You and redboss accuse me of not updating and that is my problem. FTB is only 1 version ahead of me, not 2. We ARE on the ftb forums. How does me upgrading to Unleashed or Unhinged get me more sounds?

I promise you, if you can show me how I am wrong here, I will update TODAY when I get home from work. Otherwise the only logical conclusion is that you and redboss and pokefenn and whoever are just pissy that I told Lemming he was using power creep to gain players. Luckily i was proven wrong, it's not like he started offering ore tripling in an existing machine or anything like an induction smelter. If he even offered something like that, it would be a higher tier item that cost more power, or required more infrastructure, of course.

Reactions: Runo

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
With respect to ftb -we are on the FTB forums right? - Im one vesion behind. What mods have sound in FTB unleashed or Unhinged that I am missing? I don't see any, other than possibly railcraft steam engine sounds? meckanism is not in ftb unless I am mistaken?

What am i missing? You and redboss accuse me of not updating and that is my problem. FTB is only 1 version ahead of me, not 2. We ARE on the ftb forums. How does me upgrading to Unleashed or Unhinged get me more sounds?

I promise you, if you can show me how I am wrong here, I will update TODAY when I get home from work. Otherwise the only logical conclusion is that you and redboss and pokefenn and whoever are just pissy that I told Lemming he was using power creep to gain players. Luckily i was proven wrong, it's not like he started offering ore tripling in an existing machine or anything like an induction smelter. If he even offered something like that, it would be a higher tier item that cost more power, or required more infrastructure, of course.

I never knew you said that to lemming.
And even if i did know, it would make no sense for me to say what i have been saying....
I am just saying that you are just being too awkward and not fixing any of the problems that you have.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
MPS has some cool sounds. Is MPS in Ultimate ?

Also, no harm in trying 1.6, whether RR or some other mod pack. With as much time as you spend on these forums, in-game, and as intelligent as you seem to be, trying out 1.6 with a mod-pack that is similar to 1.4.7 Ultimate should not be difficult. Not sure what the harm is in trying other than time spent. Doing my own (private) 1.6 mod-pack has taught me a lot about MC, Forge, and the modded community in general.

As for why us 1.6'ers are (still) hanging out in FTB, it's because of the community. Slowpoke and company have create a mature and respectful place where mod devs and players can meet, mingle, and discuss our favorite game.