What's new in modded minecraft today?

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
It was really strange for me when somebody suggestion Nuclear Control to drop IC2. You know there's more then fancy signs, right? :p

A lot of IC2 addon authors have disappeared though. All praise Zuxelus though, who's ported Nuclear Control (w. me), Combo Armors (you know the nano bow?), advanced power management, and electric fishing rod forward.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
It was really strange for me when somebody suggestion Nuclear Control to drop IC2. You know there's more then fancy signs, right? :p

A lot of IC2 addon authors have disappeared though. All praise Zuxelus though, who's ported Nuclear Control (w. me), Combo Armors (you know the nano bow?), advanced power management, and electric fishing rod forward.
petroleum generator!

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
86b6480253.png

The bullet guys. I bit it.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
No no, the intelligent people need to get to Mars, would be less people and cheaper. Erths too full of idiots.

Anyway, guys, this should go to the RED topic before the moderators go HULK and SMASH, or just forget about the railguns and toss a nuke in here.

So we will be saying behind then. After all we are having serious earnest discussions about vidio-games. How smart can we be. :p

Reactions: 1SDAN

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
They are certainly implemented differently, though they tend to be treated identically by both players and most mods that use them.

That said, I do not want MJ (or worse, BuildCraft) to be abandoned.
I've already abandoned BC in my own playstyle, and the mod pack I am creating does not have it either. It simply doesn't have anything that hasn't already been done with another mod already in the pack.

IMO, RF is MJ the way it should have been. At least from an end-user's perspective, there is zero reason to use MJ if you can use RF instead. From every metric, RF just performs better. Now, I can understand RotaryCraft using their own power system, because the mechanics and the mod itself is completely different, but the only difference really, from an end-user perspective, between RF and MJ, other than a sliding of the decimal over one digit, is that RF has less lag, less computations, and more utility in how to push it around.

D

Deleted member 103537

New Automagy update!

- Added Essentia Locus.
- Added Crystalline Brain: Water.
- Added vishroom stew. Use at own risk.

- Updated for Minecraft 1.7.10 and Thaumcraft 4.2.
- Added the tally box, for more item-specific measurements of containers' contents.
- Waila: Golem HUD now shows which block the golem is linked to.
- New icon for Thaumonomicon tab.
- New textures for inversion torch (to match new order shard colors).

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/222153-automagy/files#t1:summary

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I've already abandoned BC in my own playstyle, and the mod pack I am creating does not have it either. It simply doesn't have anything that hasn't already been done with another mod already in the pack.

IMO, RF is MJ the way it should have been. At least from an end-user's perspective, there is zero reason to use MJ if you can use RF instead. From every metric, RF just performs better. Now, I can understand RotaryCraft using their own power system, because the mechanics and the mod itself is completely different, but the only difference really, from an end-user perspective, between RF and MJ, other than a sliding of the decimal over one digit, is that RF has less lag, less computations, and more utility in how to push it around.
..and RF is completely lacking in any sort of depth. Although if I argue, it'll be in a convo, because I don't want.. that... to happen again.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
..and RF is completely lacking in any sort of depth. Although if I argue, it'll be in a convo, because I don't want.. that... to happen again.
if we do make a convo, i would like to voice my opinion.[DOUBLEPOST=1409362068][/DOUBLEPOST]idk if this was already mentioned, plz don't kill meh :(

minetweaker 3.0.7 was released and i don't remember seeing it here.
  • Added MFR support for 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 (not all machines and documentation is finished yet)
  • Added /mt entities command to see all registered entities
  • Added /mt biomes command to see all biomes in the game
  • Added mirrored shaped recipes
  • Can now make recipes work only in a specific game mode
  • Can now make simple function recipes
  • Fixed spaces in item names
  • Added block info command. Gives information about blocks you are clicking on
  • Mods can now use the onReload function to execute certain actions upon reload
  • NBT compound tags with non-identifier keys should now be output properly

Reactions: Zebia