What's new in modded minecraft today?

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's going to be great to have 1 powersystem. Plus Redstone Flux just feels right.
The problem I see is not with using RF as the go-to power system, but negating other power systems. Sure, EU, RF, MJ, they have their differences, but in the end of the day, they work mostly similarly (don't kill me please D: ), they get power from point A to point B through a bunch of pipes/wires/conduits/idontevenknow.
What I see more problematic are mods with completely different power systems. RotaryCraft is actually a prime example of this.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
The problem I see is not with using RF as the go-to power system, but negating other power systems. Sure, EU, RF, MJ, they have their differences, but in the end of the day, they work mostly similarly (don't kill me please D: ), they get power from point A to point B through a bunch of pipes/wires/conduits/idontevenknow.
What I see more problematic are mods with completely different power systems. RotaryCraft is actually a prime example of this.
you forgot botania :p (and pneumaticraft)

Reactions: Fixided and 1SDAN

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Exactly. And the increasingly expansive use of RF is leading to more and more pressure on those using other power systems to convert, no matter how stupidly ill-fitting it is. I got one (of many) such requests a few days ago, and I recall the pneumaticcraft (or hydrauliccraft?) developer telling me about similar pressure.
The extreme overuse of the RC magnetostatics is a similar indication (though with confounding factors).

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. And the increasingly expansive use of RF is leading to more and more pressure on those using other power systems to convert, no matter how stupidly ill-fitting it is. I got one (of many) such requests a few days ago, and I recall the pneumaticcraft (or hydrauliccraft?) developer telling me about similar pressure.
The extreme overuse of the RC magnetostatics is a similar indication (though with confounding factors).

Don't cave. It's your mod, do what you want. You support it as much as you really need to, and RoC doesn't really need to mesh with anything else. It's quite good as a standalone. The overabundance of the magnetostatic engines is because they may as well be nuclear reactors compared to everything else.

On another note, that thread is hilariously filled with misinformation. Yes, FMP bugs cause the TE grid handler to go haywire in 1.6.4 when certain other mods are installed. But that has *nothing* to do with the actual performance of RF.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Don't cave. It's your mod, do what you want. You support it as much as you really need to, and RoC doesn't really need to mesh with anything else. It's quite good as a standalone. The overabundance of the magnetostatic engines is because they may as well be nuclear reactors compared to everything else.

On another note, that thread is hilariously filled with misinformation. Yes, FMP bugs cause the TE grid handler to go haywire in 1.6.4 when certain other mods are installed. But that has *nothing* to do with the actual performance of RF.

KL defending his mod and boosting another at the same time! This is why I love this community there is really no hard feelings...... Except for the little kids that all want easy mods like dirt to diamonds and TMI.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
*FACEDESK*

This is excactly why we need to send all of Erth's idiots to a colony on Mars... oh. and American Politicians.
No no, the intelligent people need to get to Mars, would be less people and cheaper. Erths too full of idiots.

Anyway, guys, this should go to the RED topic before the moderators go HULK and SMASH, or just forget about the railguns and toss a nuke in here.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
thaumcraft updated to 4.2.0.1
- minor text fixes for research
- removed dependency checking via the web. It could possibly mess with mod packs or servers that are slow to update
- optimised the sun scorned shader a bit. It was adding fxaa which wasn't needed
- crash fix for scanning certain blocks like buildcraft facades
- added the "all" option to the "/tc aspect" console command allowing ops to give a certain amount of all aspects to a player
- bath salts last a bit longer
- fixed warded glass connected textures
- fixed blocking animation while wearing fortress armor
- it is no longer possible to make a energised node without a stabiliser
- void fortress armor has changed into something else
- tweaked some recipes
- there is now an upper limit to the number of entities that can spawn during warp events
- shovel of the earthmover, mining focus and equal trade focus now respects vanilla spawn protection rules
[DOUBLEPOST=1409343326][/DOUBLEPOST]- void fortress armor has changed into something else
wait, what?

Reactions: Fixided