What's new in modded minecraft today?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
New mod that isn't by me! Storage Drawers!
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2198533-storage-drawers

scr_workshop.png
m8, we all know that you are the mastermind controlling all the mod dev's minds.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
..and RF is completely lacking in any sort of depth. Although if I argue, it'll be in a convo, because I don't want.. that... to happen again.

What depth? You could make a system identical to anything made with MJ using RF. Same with EU. But doing the reverse? Not likely to be able to happen.
Don't confuse machines and wires with the power system itself.[DOUBLEPOST=1409366783][/DOUBLEPOST]
Does this mean that I can convert my LP into Mana into RF into shaft power? I CAN FINALLY POWER AN INDUSTRIAL-TIER MINING MACHINE WITH BLOOD!

When could you convert LP into Mana. Did I miss an update?

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
..and RF is completely lacking in any sort of depth. Although if I argue, it'll be in a convo, because I don't want.. that... to happen again.

Go for it. I'd like to see this. I'm genuinely curious what you see as the weak points.

I'd also like to see if you and everyone else can distinguish between depth, complexity, and punishment, as well as the API vs the implementations.

Historically, the community is not doing so well on those fronts.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Go for it. I'd like to see this. I'm genuinely curious what you see as the weak points.

I'd also like to see if you and everyone else can distinguish between depth, complexity, and punishment, as well as the API vs the implementations.

668082d1407885106-football-manager-challenges-accepted-challenge-accepted.png
(Although I don't really use that many tech mods, so I have nothing to argue.)

Reactions: 1SDAN

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh, can you guys take it somewhere else? two pages of convo alone, I feel a mod coming in to remove all the fluff again.

On a side note:

Draconic Evolution has been doing the work!

While these features are in development, here is a peek at what's coming:
  1. New map maker items
    1. Safety fire (Allows you to put fires in the fireplace without fear of everything burning to the ground!)
      1. Use safety matches or box of matches
    2. Keystone and keys - Redstone control with a flair! Place the type of keystone (there are 4) and link a key to it. So far has pulse, constant, pulse with key removed, and constant with key removed.
  2. Comets in the end
@Brandon3055 and I have been working together to come up with some useful and hopefully unique features in the mod!

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
New mod that was made for a youtuber (sl1pg8r) and has been added to the hermitcraft modsauce pack/server

http://practicalities.jotato.com/

Mod Details

Practicalties

Practicalities is a mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 that focuses on adding simple and practical functionality. The mod is currently in development, and if you are going to use it please make sure to file any bugs on the forum post. This mod has plans to grow as time goes on so make sure you check back often for updates.

Items

Magnetic North: Used in crafting Item Magnets

Magnetic South: Used in crafting Item Magnets

Item Magnet: When activated ( shift+right click ) it will bring any item and xp orb on the ground to your inventory. It works in a 4 block distance, and will only bring the item if you have room for it. It will even work through blocks! Perfect while AFK-ing at an XP or mob farm.

Rare Earth Magnet: Works just like the Item Magnet; the distance is increased to 14 blocks. To craft it, put the Item Magnet and 3 additional Magnetic Cores in any order in the crafting grid.

Luminus Rod: An item that when right clicked will place an invisible light source on the ground. Recharge it by placing it in a crafting grid with a Radiant Charger.

Radiant Charger: Radiates energy. It can be used to re-charge certain items.

Shimmering Star: Used in crafting the Luminus Rod.

Radiant Core: Used in crafting various items.

Machine Core: Used in crafting various items.

Blocks

Machines and Gadgets

Smooth Glowstone: Its Glowstone, but smooth and shiny!

Compressed Chest: An early game solution to storage. Holds as much as a double chest, but only takes up a single block. Can be placed directly next to each other.

Refinery: An early game way to increase your ore output. It costs a bit more fuel to smelt an ore, but it has a chance of giving an extra ingot. It can also recycle your used tools and armor.

Man was that hard to do on a phone! Also first post on this thread that was actually on topic! :D

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Debth is the biggist bang for your buck. The most out of the smallest components. Complexity is a lot of work for little result. Punishment is to many bad puns in a row. Also unnecessary complexity in the name of death. Or nerfing something good just because it's good.

API is the back end function. A static list of formula that gives common function to a group of objects. You will never see this or directly interact with it.
Implementation is the pipes, wires, and machines. Anything you use the API for. Anything you interact with.

You will never hold RF in your hand. A item holding RF sure but not the RF directly. It's like how you can see energy but not really interact with it in any direct way. That would be called magic.

Edit: Punishment is also more work than fun, anything that causes confusion and is not explained properly, anything that requires a outside guide to enjoy or to keep it from killing you.
And in general anything that makes you feel like you are back in school failing a boring class do to having a lousy teacher.
And definitely anything that requires a calculator.

Last edited:

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
New mod that was made for a youtuber (sl1pg8r) and has been added to the hermitcraft modsauce pack/server

http://practicalities.jotato.com/

Mod Details

Practicalties

Practicalities is a mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 that focuses on adding simple and practical functionality. The mod is currently in development, and if you are going to use it please make sure to file any bugs on the forum post. This mod has plans to grow as time goes on so make sure you check back often for updates.

Items

Magnetic North: Used in crafting Item Magnets

Magnetic South: Used in crafting Item Magnets

Item Magnet: When activated ( shift+right click ) it will bring any item and xp orb on the ground to your inventory. It works in a 4 block distance, and will only bring the item if you have room for it. It will even work through blocks! Perfect while AFK-ing at an XP or mob farm.

Rare Earth Magnet: Works just like the Item Magnet; the distance is increased to 14 blocks. To craft it, put the Item Magnet and 3 additional Magnetic Cores in any order in the crafting grid.

Luminus Rod: An item that when right clicked will place an invisible light source on the ground. Recharge it by placing it in a crafting grid with a Radiant Charger.

Radiant Charger: Radiates energy. It can be used to re-charge certain items.

Shimmering Star: Used in crafting the Luminus Rod.

Radiant Core: Used in crafting various items.

Machine Core: Used in crafting various items.

Blocks

Machines and Gadgets

Smooth Glowstone: Its Glowstone, but smooth and shiny!

Compressed Chest: An early game solution to storage. Holds as much as a double chest, but only takes up a single block. Can be placed directly next to each other.

Refinery: An early game way to increase your ore output. It costs a bit more fuel to smelt an ore, but it has a chance of giving an extra ingot. It can also recycle your used tools and armor.

Man was that hard to do on a phone! Also first post on this thread that was actually on topic! :D

Absolutely all of that content is already available in more than one permutation and is probably all within the modpack he's using. LOL.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely all of that content is already available in more than one permutation and is probably all within the modpack he's using. LOL.

Yes but these were made for him...

To prove your point though...

Sigil of the blood lamp for invisible light.

Magnet - although not in this pack other packs he plays have the coin of fortune

Chisel for the glowstone

Iron chest for the double chest

Pulverizer/furance for ore doubling

Reactions: RedBoss and 1SDAN

JusticeOF666

Jul 29, 2019

Can't power systems differentiate and still be balanced ? I am not talking about API and implementation.

I personally play Minecraft for fun , I can achieve that with technical mods.
I have fun when I accomplished a complex \ hard build.

I play with GT or RoC for the very high depth. Most of my friends play with RF because of the low learning curve. I know people who love MJ , I think because of the balance ( I do not play with that anymore so I'm not going to judge that. )

Everyone I mentioned is happy , why do we need say " There's no point in continuing MJ " ? We don't. For each of the popular power system there are people that like it, otherwise you wouldn't know what I mean with popular power systems.

Don't be rude , appreciate their work, as simple or complex it is.

~Justice