What's new in modded minecraft today?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Is this an extension of extra utilitys flying rings. Because I could totally see differant mod devs adding to that set. It would be neat really. To see all the mod devs working on something like that.
Read the post above yours. Or, alternatively:
Yeah, flying. You can combine a variant of quartz with the Flugel Tiara to give it decorative wings. The wings are in the current build but they aren't customizable (you have the white ones in the overworld and black ones in the nether), changing that.

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Coming soon:
My mouth was open through that whole spothlight

and i thought this was amazing....

GnAtBch%5B1%5D.png

Reactions: Pyure and Fixided

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
I like Big Reactors and I can not lie. ( v0.4.0rc7 )

Requirements: Minecraft 1.7.10, Forge 10.13.0.1205 or higher, CoFHCore 3.0.0B6-32 or higher.

A number of bugfixes in this version - primarily, this version moves up to requiring the newest CoFHCore, which fixes the problem where reactors and turbines (on some servers) do not appear to assemble when using non-Vanilla blocks inside them. Unfortunately, the problem is only resolved for new worlds. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Also fixed are a nasty crash bug which occurred when entering view of a very very very large reactor or turbine (16x16x48 or so), a texture corruption problem, and a bug which made turbine/reactor glass uncraftable in some modpacks.

In nicer news, there's now 4 new turbine configuration options for modpack curators wishing to balance turbines, and I've added Version Checker integration.

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
@AlgorithmX2 with an update for AE2
Made a minor adjustment to the render for storage monitors to prevent some items from clipping.
Added Support for Vanilla Spawn Protection to AE2.

@dmillerw with an update for Quadrum
* Fixed crash on loading JSON file

* Fixed crash when handling mob drops

* Fixed issues with textures larger than 16x16

@drayshak with an update for EnderTech
Changes

• You can now rotate Charge Pads with wrenches,
  • The Creative Charge Pad GUI shows infinite charge rather than appearing empty.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It's a crafting system for high level brick a brack including the psudo dartcraft time torches, the world guard protection blocks, and crystal seeds.
And a system for enchanting... yourself?
Including a powerful AOE mining ability (think turning yourself into a non suicidal creeper that keeps all the items blown up) and vastly increasing the range you can mine and dig from.
From the look if it it's expensive and time consuming to set up. But looks like the materials, effort, and effects/items are relatively well balanced.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
a very surprising ticket from @CovertJaguar on the Forestry Github
CovertJaguar said:
I'm giving this my blessing.

In my eyes I no longer see any difference between the MJ and RF APIs. The MJ API is quickly falling to the same level as the RF API. However, since it is a significantly more complicated API that is currently suffering an identify crisis and riddled with bugs, I recommend that Forestry drops all support for the MJ API effective immediately.

The MJ API currently used by Forestry has been demonstrated to no longer be properly supported nor, functioning correctly. Switching to the MJBattery API would require a similar amount of effort as switching to RF. RF seems the better choice.

All engines and machines should be rewritten to natively support RF. Railcraft will likely be following the same path eventually.

However, as we do not want to add a hard dependency on any external code, an internal API that allows Forestry Engines to provide power directly to Forestry Machines should be developed. This API should not be made public, but should be the default for engine-machine interfacing, falling back on RF only if the internal API fails.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Wow !!! This is a big change. I do agree that for 99% of people, RF and MJ are effectively the same, save for the 10x factor and the name change. I don't know of anyone that enjoys "leaky power".

With TE and eIO automatically converting from RF to MJ and eIO converting from MJ to RF, there's not much point in continuing MJ.

Reactions: RedBoss and Fixided

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Wow !!! This is a big change. I do agree that for 99% of people, RF and MJ are effectively the same, save for the 10x factor and the name change. I don't know of anyone that enjoys "leaky power".

With TE and eIO automatically converting from RF to MJ and eIO converting from MJ to RF, there's not much point in continuing MJ.

Is there any particular reason they wouldn't have leaky-RF?

I hate leaky power too, but it gave me a reason to work with BC gates, and it was more by-design than by-MJ as I understood it.

Reactions: Fixided

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes, but by the time you can build gates with power-hungry lasers, you have enough power that you don't really care about a handful of leaky machines.
pfft I disagree. If you have enough leaky machines (like for a treefarm + biofuel setup) they drain power fast. Lasers are only running for a short while to build the gates you need.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
While this is a RED discussion, leaky machines I don't mind. After all, they are in standby waiting for something to happen to, and the total power loss of leaky machines can easily be outweighed by a few more engines. But I appreciate that some people it annoying, which is why I strongly think "leak" should be a config option.
But, Dynamo's "leak" too, and no one complains, as no one sees it really. They throttle down to 4rf/t, but still will consume fuel in the process.

I love the laser assembly table, but I hate that the only solution to leak is behind what is in effect a big power hungry expensive system (similar reason why I hate resonant gates, ender pearl and laser system to replace a 2 block redstone engine and lever just for compactness (plus optional logic features)?)

But short version, generating power is easy, leak is a negligible system which only hurts the player at early game.
When you look at peoples gameplay those leaky machines are not used that often, and are usually disconnected from your main powerline when not in use. (Shame people don't adopt this behavior in the real world, leaving all those gadgets on standby all night :p)

Key thing here though is, what is going to happen to Buildcraft, since CJ looks like could be moving over the RF?

Reactions: Fixided

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

They're actually quite different, just that RF is sensible and malleable enough to autoconvert with no real issue. It can even emulate the leakyness if one really desires it.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
They're actually quite different, just that RF is sensible and malleable enough to autoconvert with no real issue. It can even emulate the leakyness if one really desires it.
They are certainly implemented differently, though they tend to be treated identically by both players and most mods that use them.

That said, I do not want MJ (or worse, BuildCraft) to be abandoned.