What's new in modded minecraft today?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with @kroeser with a new mod called Custom Mealery
kroeser said:
A very simple mod that allows you to configure your own food and meals by just making a simple config file for them. (Requires Forge)

and @Reika with some more updates for DragonAPI, ElectriCraft, GeoStrata, ReactorCraft and RotaryCraft
Reika said:
V23d:
  • DragonAPI: Updated MagicCrops support again
  • ElectriCraft: Fix batteries refusing to charge after being filled to capacity then drained again
  • GeoStrata: Fixed Tile Accelerator crashes
  • GeoStrata: Removed Tile Accelerator recipe randomization
  • GeoStrata: Fixed Tile Accelerator Missing Name
  • GeoStrata: Fixed bee unavailability
  • ReactorCraft: Insulation is less effective on HTGRs
  • ReactorCraft: Generator will no longer accept incorrectly placed machine blocks
  • ReactorCraft: Angular Transducer can now be used on steam lines
  • ReactorCraft: High-pressure turbine much harder to start; actual operation is unaffected, but these can no longer be run off of small reactors
  • RotaryCraft: Gravel gun damage increases faster for large charges
  • RotaryCraft: A full suit of chainmail armor makes VDG discharges deal no damage

and lastly @RWTema with a fix for Extra Utilities
RWTema said:
Version 1.1.0a
  • Fixed: Server crash

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Its sad to see you go, but you have said before that you don't want to do the minecraft modding any more (understandable). Congrats anyways though on deciding to let someone else officially take over. I'm sure he won't make it a bad decision (although I have never met him)

Techokami made his own fork and ported it, so I asked him if he wants his fork to go official.

I'm helping him out, though -- right now I'm looking into bugs caused by his 1.7 port update.

Mr_Turing

Jul 29, 2019
This mod now also has the ability to add recipes to the TE3 Aludel.
I assume you mean the EE3 Aludel right?

Those 3 blocks have SO MUCH potential now! Does Minalien have plans on porting it to 1.7?
Man... magic modpacks are going to get really awesome.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you mean the EE3 Aludel right?

Those 3 blocks have SO MUCH potential now! Does Minalien have plans on porting it to 1.7?
Man... magic modpacks are going to get really awesome.

Ooops... yes <.< pretend that never happened.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft, Soon(TM).
soon.png

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Normally, I wouldn't call out of a mod spotlight, but Dire FINALLY spotlighted Blood Magic:
About time. Go Way! The guy deserves great amounts of credit for his mod. It's very cool, you're not trapped in GUIs and it's very powerful and cost balanced.

This is the mainstream spotlight. If you are wanting a video to truly give you the info I still recommend Ako or Vaygrim.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
From @Reika on his forum:
"Also, I am slowing down the updates for a little while, as I need to take a partial break from modding."

Can't say I'm shocked; as far as I'm concerned he releases content faster than any other two mod developers put together.

Hope its not my fault; I'm constantly arguing with him on this and that :|

On the updside, he may be playing Space Engineers; hopefully it will be mod-friendly.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
This is the mainstream spotlight. If you are wanting a video to truly give you the info I still recommend Ako or Vaygrim.
This... So many people got tripped up by that censored orb... That thing was a horrible decision... It may be getting the youtube spotlight, but those spotlighting it on youtube for the censored version, are pretty much missing the main, and important step... I saw atleast ten comments asking "I tried that, but it gave me a dagger instead."

Also just kinda wondering, anyone know if solstice had been updated, or will even be continued to be maintained?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Botania by @Vazkii is now out of beta and into a proper release stage
Vazkii said:
R1.0 41
  • Added a new functional flower, the Loonium.
  • Anything with "seed" in it's name is now useable in the Petal Apothecary.
  • Botania now features the best version checker ever (tm), it can be disabled in the config, it lets you download the mod from inside the game, it even removes your old one so all you need to do is restart the game and you have it updated. It also comes with cool flavour messages.
  • Fixed terrasteel blocks dropping manasteel blocks.
  • Nerfed the thermalily, a lot. Go get creative and not rely on lava power now.
  • The mod is finally out of Beta! Rejoice!