What's new in modded minecraft today?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
This... So many people got tripped up by that censored orb... That thing was a horrible decision... It may be getting the youtube spotlight, but those spotlighting it on youtube for the censored version, are pretty much missing the main, and important step... I saw atleast ten comments asking "I tried that, but it gave me a dagger instead."
Wow, I had no idea. That's sad.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't aware there was a server bug... o_O
900x900px-LL-732a52cb_TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Raga_RBM

Jul 29, 2019
Updates from 2 of my favourite mods.
BuildCraft version 5.0.6 and 6.0.16 has been released simultaneously. www.mod-buildcraft.com
SpaceToad said:
Good news everyone!

Here comes a synchronized release on 5.0 and 6.0 branches, which fix a major memory problems. If you’re finding that your machines doesn’t have enough RAM to handle BuildCraft, that could very well be the reason why. The following list of fixes apply both to 5.0.6 and 6.0.16. The fix that triggered this synchronized released is #1855.

#1855 massive packet leakage [SpaceToad]
#1707 inconsistent pipe connection bans [SandGrainOne]

The following list is for fixes only applying to 6.0.16:

#1854 fix tile marker crash [Prototik]
#1852 fix pump crash [Prototik]
#1848 energy converter crash [Prototik]
#1842 take into account blueprints with no ids [SpaceToad]
#1833 fix canFill/canDrain in tanks [Prototik]
#1831 Fix possible NPE in FacadeItemRenderer [Prototik]

Enjoy!

And I'm not sure if this has been spoken out in here or not, but ... Factorization has been updated to 1.7
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1351802-172-factorization-0877/
NeptunePink said:
Fixed some NPEs.

Unbroke the Embarkener

Ported to 1.7
Servos Logic has been rearchitected. There are now only 2 stacks.
So, removed some instructions and added some new ones
Removed a ton of lame things, including:
Router
Bag of Holding
You'll find an FZ Manual shortly after acquiring iron.
many many other things, such as:
new recipe for bonemeal
clicking on paintings with an LMP cycles through all the paintings
barrels indicate when they'll be placed in a strange direction
[DOUBLEPOST=1401594837][/DOUBLEPOST]And @SpaceToad also showed a bit of a preview on the BC Robots.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
This... So many people got tripped up by that censored orb... That thing was a horrible decision... It may be getting the youtube spotlight, but those spotlighting it on youtube for the censored version, are pretty much missing the main, and important step... I saw atleast ten comments asking "I tried that, but it gave me a dagger instead."

Also just kinda wondering, anyone know if solstice had been updated, or will even be continued to be maintained?
I don't get the whole orb thing. The mod isn't even that gory. The only thing I can consider gore is the altar with its pool of blood. But seriously, it's not like it's showing you prick your finger, there's some redstone particles and life essence appears in the altar. The fact that the only indication of damage is a numeric health bar severely dampens any sort of gore. One could say similar things about swords. When you hit a pig with a sword, there's no blood spilled. There's not a huge gash in the pig's back. No. It looks fine and healthy, but its health has still gone down. The dagger of sacrifice isn't even censored! You still kill things with a knife to get essence!

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
That and the whole mod is called Blood Magic after all. If you're going to censor it, why not just remove all the blood and turn it into Magic? I've never understood why people tend to get so worried about that mod.

so there's this cool mod called magic,

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today that's @SpitefulFox with Forbidden Magic
SpitefulFox said:
v0.4b
  • Bugfix: Pickaxe of Distortion will mine special blocks at the correct speeds now
  • Change: Updated to 1.7.2 thanks to joshie
  • Removed: Eldritch, Totemic, and Witchwood Wands are temporarily disabled.

and NightKosh with Gravestone mod
NightKosh said:
  • Fix server crash
  • Fix "candle bug"
  • Fix "haunted chest" usage by "fake players"(to prevent "mob greefing") + some small changes + configuration option for replacing it by "normal" chest after first usage.

Reactions: Padfoote

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
That and the whole mod is called Blood Magic after all. If you're going to censor it, why not just remove all the blood and turn it into Magic? I've never understood why people tend to get so worried about that mod.

so there's this cool mod called magic,
Some people were actually having flashbacks when it was a knife only. It isn't the gore (how could it be?), but the knife itself.

Shows I can't please everyone, even if it is a freaking config option...

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Pahimar has plans to continue development. People sometimes forget that modders are people too; sometimes things get in the way.
Nah, I was just a bit lost, I was looking for it the other day, and the main results were this thread, the modjam page, and the discussion on this forum. I was a little bit nervouse and thought it might have just been a project for modjam and get shelved, or passed on for continued development of EE.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Some people were actually having flashbacks when it was a knife only. It isn't the gore (how could it be?), but the knife itself.
Shows I can't please everyone, even if it is a freaking config option...
Lets say that an arbitrary 5% of your user base doesn't like the mod; out of that 5% assume that 20% (1/100^th of the user base) are going to be vocal about it (and always will be). Assuming that these two previous values are relatively constant, more complainers only means that your mod is getting more popular >.>

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Lets say that an arbitrary 5% of your user base doesn't like the mod; out of that 5% assume that 20% (1/100^th of the user base) are going to be vocal about it (and always will be). Assuming that these two previous values are relatively constant, more complainers only means that your mod is getting more popular >.>
Yup, true, didn't think of it that way! :p

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could get some zombie and skeleton spawners near your altar and sacrifice them to get blood out of undead things.
No idea how that works but at least they aren't animals.
and now I think I know why this topic gets derailed so easily

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could get some zombie and skeleton spawners near your altar and sacrifice them to get blood out of undead things.
No idea how that works but at least they aren't animals.
and now I think I know why this topic gets derailed so easily

Hay now undead abominations are people to.
Note to self suggest baby skeleton mobs. And non hostile zombie villages. That you can trade with.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Hay now undead abominations are people to.
Note to self suggest baby skeleton mobs. And non hostile zombie villages. That you can trade with.
Technically, no. Skeletons are most likely the results of some necromancer's tinkering and are controlled directly by said necromancer, and therefore do not have any consciousness, or they're revived and have a standard-issue intelligence. Its mind is the same as every single other skeleton revived in the same manner. It would be different if they were liches, but they aren't.

Zombies, on the other hand, are dead. They used to be people but aren't now. unless they're villagers, they cannot be cured. At all. The zombie used too be a human, with hopes, dreams, ambitions, loves, hates, etc. but was killed by a zombie and got converted. Since there is no way to cure them, you would be doing the zombie a service by killing it. Or at least whoever the zombie used to be.

A zombie village would be freaking epic, though.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Technically, no. Skeletons are most likely the results of some necromancer's tinkering and are controlled directly by said necromancer, and therefore do not have any consciousness, or they're revived and have a standard-issue intelligence. Its mind is the same as every single other skeleton revived in the same manner. It would be different if they were liches, but they aren't.

Zombies, on the other hand, are dead. They used to be people but aren't now. unless they're villagers, they cannot be cured. At all. The zombie used too be a human, with hopes, dreams, ambitions, loves, hates, etc. but was killed by a zombie and got converted. Since there is no way to cure them, you would be doing the zombie a service by killing it. Or at least whoever the zombie used to be.

A zombie village would be freaking epic, though.

You can cure zombie villagers. And the skels could be animated by there original souls. Being the result of a world wide necromatic accident. As if dead souls could never rest and the especially powerful ones could maintain there mindes.