What's new in modded minecraft today?

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
GT alpha update: Is now playable! Bronze/Steam age is implemented, as well as generators (also new Naquadah reactors). However, you will need another mod (most obvious being railcraft) to get steel, since his multiblocks (including blast furnace) are not yet implemented.
Y3OC0Kz.png

More Screenshots (larger too): http://imgur.com/a/xRNKB

Imnafoy

Jul 29, 2019
GT alpha update: Is now playable! Bronze/Steam age is implemented, as well as generators (also new Naquadah reactors). However, you will need another mod (most obvious being railcraft) to get steel, since his multiblocks (including blast furnace) are not yet implemented.

More Screenshots (larger too): http://imgur.com/a/xRNKB
Hurray! Still, I'll wait till beta atleast, but it's good to know about progress on development of gregtech... I'm definitelly looking forward to play some gregtech-centric modpack in 1.7... something like was unhinged for 1.5 ... maybe after gregtech enters into beta and will be playable, I'll make one myself.:)

Reactions: Pyure and AlCapella

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
Hurray! Still, I'll wait till beta atleast, but it's good to know about progress on development of gregtech... I'm definitelly looking forward to play some gregtech-centric modpack in 1.7... something like was unhinged for 1.5 ... maybe after gregtech enters into beta and will be playable, I'll make one myself.:)
It's pretty stable to be honest. No crashes, major bugs or anything really. I don't know why he's keeping it on 'alpha' (maybe he's implementing way more features than in previous versions), but I doubt it makes a difference to gameplay. I'll be starting asap :).

Reactions: AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
You have the whole internet at your disposal. You can just google anything from the game.
It seems more like some kind of in-game google with redirection to browser to me :D not really sure how it is useful :D

Both of you are right. And that's probably why it's bugging me a little. See, I can do internet search by my own, if I want to. The in-game wiki is more interesting to me, because it is integrated into the game itself. NEI helps with recipes, but an in-game documentation is missing in modded MC right now. I like that XU is doing that for his items and recipes.

In-game wiki mod is trying to do that across multiple mods. It's like what openeye is doing for debugging. I hope more modders/players get behind the idea of the in-game wiki mod and make it better for the players.

Edit: Did I also mention I hate switching out of game to look something up and come back into game again... It breaks my flow a lot of the time.

[DOUBLEPOST=1400328993][/DOUBLEPOST]

doo eeet :p

Last edited:

Imnafoy

Jul 29, 2019
Both of you are right. And that's probably why it's bugging me a little. See, I can do internet search by my own, if I want to. The in-game wiki is more interesting to me, because it is integrated into the game itself. NEI helps with recipes, but an in-game documentation is missing in modded MC right now. I like that XU is doing that for his items and recipes.

In-game wiki mod is trying to do that across multiple mods. It's like what openeye is doing for debugging. I hope more modders/players get behind the idea of the in-game wiki mod and make it better for the players.

Edit: Did I also mention I hate switching out of game to look something up and come back into game again... It breaks my flow a lot of the time.

[DOUBLEPOST=1400328993][/DOUBLEPOST]

doo eeet :p
About switching from game, I agree and what I would really like is in-game browser. There was some project to make this happen, but it is pretty much dead now...

About that modpack... If I'll do that I think you'll be one of the first people that'll know about that ...

And gt is still in alpha because there is still tons of things that doesnt work... like multiblocks and such... beta stage would be something like most of things does works but there is some bugs and such.... even though the most of existings mods would be in constant beta according that definition :D

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
And gt is still in alpha because there is still tons of things that doesnt work... like multiblocks and such... beta stage would be something like most of things does works but there is some bugs and such.... even though the most of existings mods would be in constant beta according that definition :D
Currently, every feature implemented works. The multiblocks haven't technically been implemented yet, not that they don't work. I'd still say that was a beta, so I'm assuming that he's got a lot more to add.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
While skimming through the MCforums, I found this little gem.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2657008-172forge-malisisdoors/

It is only for 1.7.2 (which I don't mind, since that is the version I am on myself), which is unfortunate for all those people stuck in 1.6. However, it all looks amazing! A wide variety of practical things that take home entrances to the next level.

One of my personal favourites is the Player Sensor, a simple redstone thing that emits a pulse when a player is standing below it (somewhat like those self-opening doors at malls and alike). And I am sure the builders amongst us will very much enjoy the Block Mixer, which blends two textures together to create a block with two different textures on the sides (I suppose you should check it out, it is rather hard to explain). And ofcourse more doors, improvements to vanilla doors and vanishing frames.
The block mixer looks amazing. Hopefully it supports all blockaded not just the ones he showed.

Imnafoy

Jul 29, 2019
Currently, every feature implemented works. The multiblocks haven't technically been implemented yet, not that they don't work. I'd still say that was a beta, so I'm assuming that he's got a lot more to add.
I think that if you cant get some essential materials without another mod, i wouldnt call it even beta.... beta should be unstable but pretty much complete. Plus, if something is beta, alpha or rc should be decided by developer,not user. Stating that if every implemented feature works, that means that it is beta is stupid. You could say that if you have window, it means that you have beta version of house since you can see through that window... State of things should be considered by completness of whole project not by state of completed components. So it depends on Greg, when he says that he has every planned features implemented... then it should be in beta.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
And with a braaaaaand new thread Tic Tweaks hath been born! http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2657434-16xtic-tweaks/

Config to set all stats of all tool Material
All stats on all tool materials can be changed in the config.

Required harvest levels change-able in config
All blocks can have there harvest levels changed by id or or ore dictionary name in the config.

Extended mining levels
The mining/harvest levels can be extended using the config up to 15 with your choice of progression. All tier can have custom names names for each harvest level.

Chang-able tool leveling
Config to increase or decrease max tool xp levels and rename each level.

Config options for blacklisting random modifiers
you can block most modifiers from showing up as a random extra on leveling without turning off the random bonus altogether

Mmmmm that last one... No more of that fire aspect making my weapons completely useless... <3

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
beta should be unstable but pretty much complete.
That's exactly my point. I'd say that it was stable, but 'pretty much' complete, the only thing missing being the multiblocks (you can technically get steel just through dungeon chests, but it'll take a while). Since he hasn't made it beta, this leads to the assumption that he has way more to add than was in previous versions of GT.

Imnafoy

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly my point. I'd say that it was stable, but 'pretty much' complete, the only thing missing being the multiblocks (you can technically get steel just through dungeon chests, but it'll take a while). Since he hasn't made it beta, this leads to the assumption that he has way more to add than was in previous versions of GT.
By pretty much complete I meant like it has all planned features in, but there are some bugs... and multiblocks are pretty essential part of gregtech, so if they are missing and tech tree is broken, since there is no way how to get essential materials like tungsten, steel, titanium, and other products of multiblock machines.... it couldn't be complete.... so compared to house... alpha house is house without roof, beta house is complete house is but you need to just paint outer walls and roof and there may be some leaks in the roof. And release candidate house should be something like completed house but you need to clean up mess after builders left.!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @Emoniph with Witchery
Emoniph said:
  • TWEAK: Changed the default dimension ID for the Spirit World to a negative value (-37) to avoid conflicts with mods such as MystCraft and Galacticraft.
  • FIX (1.7.2 only): Critter Snares holding a critter dropped an empty snare when bashed.
  • FIX: A null reference exception could occur when a DartCraft item is used in combination with Coven Witches in some way.
  • FIX: An index out of bounds error could occur when killing a Nightmare with a weapon with Looting XI on it (could only be as a result of cheating).

and ModJam has ended, and any entries can now be submitted. you can also check the Twitter page from modjam to already see some posted screenshots from the submissions from this ModJam
ModJam said:
Note: Information on how to submit your project can be found on the website: http://mcp.ocean-labs.de/modjam/submission.php

Reactions: Padfoote

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Padfoote