What's new in modded minecraft today?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
We are fine with people discussing differences of opinion as long as they abide by the forum rules against attacking people. But most of the "drama" is people screaming at other people and calling each other names.
Of course, but as shown by r/feedthebeast and twitter conversations a thread like that will turn into name-calling and general rudeness

Can we put the thread back on course now? :p

I believe Emoniph will not be coming out with any more Witchery updates until he updates it to 1.7.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the derailment. Perhaps this wasn't the best thread to ask about if I should include the drama in the news. Thank everyone for the input. Lots of people wanted it and it seemed to like it, but I never wanted to include it, and going forward am not going to. Seems most everyone here agrees. :)

Back to updates.

From AE2 today: (Please take note of the 107 build this morning suggesting a backup prior to updating due to how parts are saved.) :)

A Walrus said:
rv0.alpha build 109
Built at 5/6/2014 3:01:29 PM GMT -5
Added GrinderLogging and hid Grinder Logging behind it.

rv0.alpha build 108
Built at 5/6/2014 12:14:19 PM GMT -5
Fixed Crash with Extra Utilities.
Items in the ore dictionary values no longer fail to migrate.
Fixed "Meta Overlap detected" error.
Recipes now work with new Materials/Parts.
Pulled do to possibly world damaging bug.

rv0.alpha build 107
Built at 5/6/2014 12:23:44 AM GMT -5
Remove Meta values from Config.
Fixed a number of rendering gltiches with Smart/Covered Cables.
This build contains a major change to the way Parts/Materials are saved, please backup your worlds before loading this build.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the derailment. Perhaps this wasn't the best thread to ask about if I should include the drama in the news. Thank everyone for the input. Lots of people wanted it and it seemed to like it, but I never wanted to include it, and going forward am not going to. Seems most everyone here agrees. :)
Here we are trying to remove clutter from the thread and Bevo asks if drama should be spotlighted :p

Reactions: Bevo

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019

Back to updates.

From AE2 today: (Please take note of the 107 build this morning suggesting a backup prior to updating due to how parts are saved.) :)

Naw.. no need for apologies. As someone else pointed out, your greeting of "I hope everybody's having a fantastic time!" opening line is pretty contagious even to grumpy goats like me. And that's your persona! "Drama" doesn't suit it that well. ;)

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
There's a fine line between drama and news. The simplyjetpacks debacle is the best example of this that comes to mind. I think people need to know what happened there, especially apiring modders. imo things like this should be passed on by word of mouth, video, carrier pigeon, or even flag semaphore. Other topics should be avoided like plague. I think judgement is your best bet, @Bevo

in any case, thanks for covering this thread and separating the chaff.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
@CovertJaguar has released Railcraft 9.0.0.0, the "First Official 1.7.2 Version!".

CovertJaguar said:
Change Log:
  • INFO: Updated to MC 1.7.2.
  • KNOWN ISSUES: Vanilla minecarts are not being replaced until the chunk reloads, Bore may not mine, some blocks harvest weirdly, and Gated Tracks don't connect to fences.
  • NEW: Added Trade Station. A block that can trade with Villagers.
  • NEW: If the Bore stops for any reason, it will now activate any attached Locomotives (must be in Run mode to work).
  • NEW: Using a Magnifying Glass on a structure will give you some information about why it won't form. Not sure how useful it is.
  • CHANGE: Lockdown, Holding, and Boarding Tracks merged into a single Locking Track. Change modes with a Crowbar. Legacy tracks should update automatically.
  • CHANGE: Master block of all MultiBlocks moved to the center of the structure if possible to make it possible to rotate them intact, may result in loss of items in the structure.
  • CONFIG: Anchor Fuel options expanded to support multiple items.
  • API: Added framework for creating alternative Locomotive skins.
  • API: Reduced the importance of TrackIds, they are now only used for legacy support and network sync. TrackTags strings are used for everything else, including serialization.

Raga_RBM

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, BuildCraft has been raining with new releases recently. www.mod-buildcraft.com
:)
Changelogs for version 608, 609, and the latest 6010 are below.

SpaceToad said:
Good news everyone!

BuildCraft 6.0, is reaching last stages of its beta program! There’s still a few tweaks missing, in particular the gorgeous CyanideX textures, but in terms of functionality, this is it! A 6.1 branch will be opened soon to hold the next set of NextGen plans, namely multi-block structures, robots and urbanist block.

Anyway, with the last steps of 6.0 come the finalization of the long awaited builder! 30 bug-fixes and features are coming here. The list is:

#1679 fix facade saving in worlds [SpaceToad]
#1676 reorganization of creative tabs [Prototik]
#1675 support splash potion and other objects in stripe pipes [SpaceToad]
#1673 added a blueprint expander for modders in the API [SpaceToad]
#1672 fix direction for dropped items bug-minor [Prototik]
#1671 fix errors when recording grass in blueprints [SpaceToad]
#1668 fix location of block placement by stripe pipes [SpaceToad]
#1667 removed final on TravelingItem class [SpaceToad]
#1666 add MjAPI.getEnergyStored()/maxCapacity() [Prototik]
#1664 added possibility to require specific energy in schematics [SpaceToad]
#1662 implemented and enforced common coding standard [SpaceToad]
#1661 enhancements to stripe pipe, support shears, arrows and buckets [Prototik]
#1660 fixed building ordering for sand and gravel [SpaceToad]
#1659 fixed building ordering for liquid [SpaceToad]
#1658 added work-related integration table triggers [Prototik]
#1657 fixed iron pipes directing to void inventories [Prototik]
#1656 fixed building post-processing [SpaceToad]
#1655 fixed builder state load with paths [SpaceToad]
#1654 split api in a separate folder to check API build consistency [Prototik]
#1652 fixed builder trying to build outside of world limits [SpaceToad]
#1651 fixed redstone building [SpaceToad]
#1650 pipes are now building with other standalone blocks [SpaceToad]
#1618 builder save now works for filler and quarry [SpaceToad]
#1594 add ways to register explicit support for blocks / items in blueprints [SpaceToad]
#1587 builders now loose their power if not used for some time [SpaceToad]
#1578 moved all classes to the new energy framework [SpaceToad]
#1577 fixed quarry algorithms and network synchronization [SpaceToad]
#1564 stripe pipes are now more expensive [SpaceToad]
#1514 vertical paths now build properly [SpaceToad]
#1509 schematics can now block blueprints creation [SpaceToad]

To be complete, some features have been implemented in a 5.1 branch which will never be build. All features there have been folded in 6.0 over time. Here’s the list of features that are coming from this branch:

#1589 improved soft block detection [anti344]
#1551 added IMC support for adding assembly and refinery recipes [anti344]
#1499 added first buildcraft achievements and achievement page [AEnterprise]
#1496 achievement system enhancement [AEnterprise]

Enjoy!

SpaceToad said:
Good news everyone!

A quick hot fix for BuildCraft on the 6.0 branch. The most visible change (and the true reason why that was needed so quickly) is that 6.0.8 broke the pump. We still need feedback and bug hunting on this one, so that we can call it stable and move to 6.1!

Here’s the list of fixes and enhancements. As you can see, many are related to the BuildCraft project management, only a few are actually behavior changes.

#1700 make blocking gate triggers by plugs enhancement [Prototik]
#1699 make all blank blueprints and templates stack to 16 enhancement [tambry]
#1698 fix rendering of blueprints and templates in player hands [tambry]
#1697 fixed laser dot created when placing a laser [tambry]
#1695 improved code style checker [jk-5]
#1691 fix for the blueprint deployer [AEnterprise]
#1690 improved auto style checks with travis [jk-5]
#1688 implemented convertors between the old and new energy APIs [Prototik]
#1687 fixed pumps [Prototik]
#1686 itegrated auto style checks with travis [Prototik]
#1685 enable style check in gradle [Prototik]
#1684 improved gradle build when no localisation installed [anti344]
#1682 architect options are now localized [SpaceToad]

Enjoy!

SpaceToad said:
It’s raining releases
icon_smile.gif
Seriously, thanks everyone for the feedback, and in particular tambry and Prototik who are spending quite a lot of time tracking and fixing inaccuracies and dark corners. We’re closing down rapidly on something stable. Incidentally, we did find one major bug that requires to make a rapid hotfix release – yes, one day after the previous one. Ttem dropping happen to crash servers. Yup, there’s still a few nasty ones lying around.

Fortunately, there’s plenty of work going on, so not only will you have access to that particular fix, but you’ll get in bonus a rack of minor fixes and enhancements. The list is below, item in parenthesis concerns only developers.

#1722 fix server crash when dropping objects [SpaceToad]
#1721 allow architect GUI textbox to receive repetitive keys [tambry]
#1720 focus textfield when opening architect GUI [tambry]
#1719 make some blueprint library slots output slots enhancement [tambry]
#1718 temporary re-install old architect graphics [SpaceToad]
#1717 added library blueprint folders and allow configuration [SpaceToad]
#1716 change visibility for the things in TravelingItem [Prototik]
#1715 localize update messages [Prototik]
#1713 use regular textbox for architect and more flexible naming [SpaceToad]
#1712 architect doesn’t store any air blocks [SpaceToad]
#1711 fix average power consumption computation [Prototik]
#1710 fix library eating stacked blueprints [SpaceToad]
#1709 reactivating version check messages [SpaceToad]
#1708 architect output is not writable anymore [tambry]
(#1705 ignore some Eclipse preferences [tambry])
(#1704 fixed a typo [tambry])
#1702 fixed crash when building a blueprint with missing blocks [SpaceToad]
#1701 fixed starting position for builder [SpaceToad]

On top of this, we’re merging one change that has been done on the (non-yet-released) 5.0.x branch:

#1707 inconsistent pipe connection bans [SandGrainOne]

Enjoy!

Reactions: Pyure and Padfoote

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Mikeemoo has unveiled OpenEye
Reddit

I have been watching this mod for the last month or so and been in his IRC channel for the last couple of weeks and I am not gonna lie, its looking to be pretty awesome.

As he says in the comments READ what it is before you make any kind of assumptions on it. I personally am excited for the crash reports aspect, very useful for modpack makers and modders and maybe even the players if it gives a well enough diagnosis.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
He posted a quick video on Reddit couple weeks ago with like no Info.

The comments were crazy stupid
that was OpenEnder, this has never been shown before and has only been known through private conversations or just those who hang around certain IRC channels xD

Last edited:
Reactions: SynysterBear

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I FINALLY STOPPED BY LAZY BUSY AND UPDATED TECHNOMANCY!!
Dat Changelog tho
0.4.0:
  • Added: Inter-mod compatibilities.
  • Added: Config option to enable/disable mod features.
  • Added: Blood dynamo.
  • Added: Flower[Botania Mana] Dynamo.
  • Added: Blood Fabricator.
  • Added: Energy Condenser.
  • Added: Config option to blacklist certain items/blocks from reconstructor.
  • Added: Mana[Botania] Fabricator
  • Added: Creative Jar.
  • Fix: Flux lamp fixes.
  • Fix: Dynamos rotation.
  • Fix: Particle effects on block breaking.
  • Fix: Something or another with coils.
  • Fix: Node Fabricators breaking improperly.
  • Change: a multitude of recipe/research changes.
  • Some general code cleanup.
[DOUBLEPOST=1399507678][/DOUBLEPOST]And before people ask, the recipe for the Mana Coil (used in a couple recipes) is 3,000 mana infused similarly to how a manasteel ingot is crafted using a Redstone Transmission Coil (the silver one) to create the Mana Coil.

Reactions: Bevo and trajing

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Mikeemoo has unveiled OpenEye
Reddit

I have been watching this mod for the last month or so and been in his IRC channel for the last couple of weeks and I am not gonna lie, its looking to be pretty awesome.

As he says in the comments READ what it is before you make any kind of assumptions on it. I personally am excited for the crash reports aspect, very useful for modpack makers and modders and maybe even the players if it gives a well enough diagnosis.

This sounds problematic. Sending any sort of data to third party sores. And I don't see anything saying explicitly what the mod is for or even what sort of data is collected.
It sounds like it's for testing mods but this kind of data can be should be gathered by the mod devs during testing. And should never sent over the net.

The real hazard is that this mod might be currently benign in nature. If someone involved had malice in mind all they would have to do is wait a few versions until people stop checking the code and slip in the dangerous code.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
IMHO opinion openeye should be open source code mod developers could put in their mod to act the same way as it does now, just exclusively to the mod and mod authors who want it. So just plug in the code give your mod id and a place to send crash reports, then done.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
@MineMaarten has updated PneumaticCraft to 1.1.8

MineMaarten said:
-Added ComputerCraft support!
-Added the first new textures. (by Thelder!)
-Adapted to the @Optional annotations and removed third party API’s out of the build.
-The Vortex Cannon now will shear any shearable animal (Sheep, Mooshroom).
-Programming Pieces that are being blacklisted in the Programmer now are easier to connect.
-The hitbox of the Elevator Frames now turns into a full block when holding Elevator Frames, making them easier to place on top of eachother.
-Implemented Mr_Okushama’s DramaSplash mod (from http://asie.pl/drama.php ) for Aphorism Tiles. It’ll only work when having that mod installed as well.
-Re-enabled the NEI plugins.

-Bugfix: IC2 and BC machines don’t render.
-Bugfix: Localization on the creative tab.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
This is interesting. Apparently Redstone in Motion is now being maintained by a new Dev under a new name "Remain in motion".
There was apparently some "issues" between the original dev and the FTB team that prevented it from being included in any FTB pack.
I did ask and it seems that this dev doesn't seem to have the same "issues" but I don't really know what all those issues are so I can't be sure.

But I'm hoping that this mod under this new dev will be included in a FTB pack soon.

http://forums.technicpack.net/topic/59545-16x-remain-in-motion-continuation-of-redstone-in-motion/