What's new in modded minecraft today?

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
As discussed at short in the previous thread page, I have created a thread to be used alongside this one to hold discussion. The intention is that whenever you stumble across something here that you feel can use some discussing, it can be linked/quoted there and respectful discussion can ensue. this is intended to keep this thread free of clutter but still provide convenient means of discussion (which is important for a community.
It may very well turn out to be a "dud" idea but it is worth a shot. Feel free to contribute to the poll for some feedback.
Link to thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/recent-events-discussion-thread.45220/

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
V22 from reika :)

• DragonAPI: Player tracker no longer saves a file to the world folder, and uses NBT tags instead
    • DragonAPI: Added more logging control commands
    • DragonAPI: Added witchery woods to ModWoodList
    • DragonAPI: Added AM2 witchwood to ModWoodList
    • DragonAPI: Added code to increase max biome ID to 1023
    • DragonAPI: Added MFR Handler
    • DyeTrees: Fixed getBlockDropped leaf code
    • DyeTrees: Added dye flowers
    • CritterPet: Renamed from SpiderPet
    • CritterPet: Added tame Slime Beetle
    • CritterPet Added tame Fire Beetle
    • CritterPet: Added tame Maze Slime
    • CritterPet: Added tame Wisp
    • ExpandedRedstone: Added Column Decrementer
    • ExpandedRedstone: Added Signal Scaler
    • ExpandedRedstone: Added Analog Wireless Transmitter and Receiver
    • GeoStrata: Molten crystal is now 227C
    • ReactorCraft: Added turbine dynamometer
    • ReactorCraft: Made magnetite more common
    • ReactorCraft: Fixed control rod model
    • ReactorCraft: Fixed breeder reactor explosions
    • RotaryCraft: Bedrock axe and scythe now pre-stack all drops from rainbow trees to avoid lag
    • RotaryCraft: Pipe fluid temperature now affects their environment
    • RotaryCraft: Added config option to clear chat from charged tools
    • RotaryCraft: Fixed some GUI progress bars overflowing
    • RotaryCraft: Doubled extractor tungsten chance to 10%
    • RotaryCraft: Compound turbine now requires tungsten to craft
    • RotaryCraft: Added Worktable Craft Event
    • RotaryCraft: Buckets can now be used on Shaft Power Buses to add lubricant
    • RotaryCraft: Fixed item cannon
    • RotaryCraft: Screwdriving machines should now update their textures immediately
    • RotaryCraft: Fixed steam turbine
    • RotaryCraft: Fixed woodcutter breaking blocks above it that are not wood
    • RotaryCraft: Fixed pneumatic item pump item fetching
    • RotaryCraft: Added hover ability to jetpack (hold left shift)
    • RotaryCraft: Added NEI handler for composter
    • Void Monster: Added world dimension blacklist - will not accept 0, -1, or the ID of the Deep Dark

Reactions: Padfoote

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Just posted our news for last week. Been getting tons and tons of request to cover drama. Personally not sure how I like covering drama, but if people want it I guess I should? Let me know how you feel on that please. :)

Modded News: Forestry going OS, ModJam 4 and Drama

drama can play out on forums or wherever it plays out...when it comes to mod updates...I personally think drama should not be involved.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Just posted our news for last week. Been getting tons and tons of request to cover drama. Personally not sure how I like covering drama, but if people want it I guess I should? Let me know how you feel on that please. :)

It IS newsworthy, but I have a hearty trepidation about anyone with your reputation getting into it. Especially since your level of objectivity would require getting statements from all sides of the issue. Unless all parties involved want to go on the record with you about the specifics I'd either refer people to reddit if they want drama, or not cover it at all. There's no need in you getting bogged down.

But that's just how I view it.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019

Covering drama will inevitably get yourself dragged into and buried by the drama your talking about. If you want to cover it, cover the basis of where the drama is starting, take note of the drama, make no comment about it. If you do this, be very careful about what you say else you'll have a half dozen internet fanboys crawling up your arse.

Vazkii has updated Botania up to Beta 29 with bugfixes for anyone interested.

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
Covering drama will inevitably get yourself dragged into and buried by the drama your talking about. If you want to cover it, cover the basis of where the drama is starting, take note of the drama, make no comment about it. If you do this, be very careful about what you say else you'll have a half dozen internet fanboys crawling up your arse.
This all the way, although I do like at least knowing the basis of the drama and what's happening so I can then look elsewhere for the nitty gritty details. This week's (A+ if I may add) episode did it in a nice way - it didn't give any opinions, explained what's happening, and got it over and done with so you could move onto something else.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Personally dislike the idea of drama being covered as news. Especially since the community seldom gets the original cause correct.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Add it as an irregular bonus episode. It would be more fun like that. You can also include rumors and unverified data. And even flameie goodness.