What's new in modded minecraft today?

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Just posted our news for last week. Been getting tons and tons of request to cover drama. Personally not sure how I like covering drama, but if people want it I guess I should? Let me know how you feel on that please. :)

Modded News: Forestry going OS, ModJam 4 and Drama
After thinking it over a lot, I agree with JadedCat. Covering the drama gives it more legitimacy than it deserves. It would be very time consuming to find the real source and get the opinions of all the sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
After thinking it over a lot, I agree with JadedCat. Covering the drama gives it more legitimacy than it deserves, and it would be very time consuming to find the real source and get skill the sides.

Call it the rumor mill. Chalked full of unfactual funtertanment.

Reactions: YX33A

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
gendustry updated...and omg. custom bees. :eek:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...2-alpha-available/page__st__160#entry31068808
The new system allows to create bees by editing simple (kidna) text files with minimal knowledge of coding or minecraft/forestry internals.

The current system allows:
  • Adding new bee species
  • Defining custom genetic templates
  • Defining custom drops and specialty lists
  • Adding new branches
  • Adding new combs and honey drops
  • Registering Ore Dictionary entries
  • Adding Centrifuge and Squeezer recipes
  • Adding vanilla crafting (shaped/shapeless) and smelting

apologies, not a release yet...but still. i got the dev build from his jenkins, going to play with it tonight.

Last edited:

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of new updates

@mDiyo has updated Tinkers' Construct to 1.5.5.6

mDiyo said:
- Fix faucets crashing the client sometimes

@ErogenousBeef has updated Big Reactors to 0.3.3A

ErogenousBeef said:
Current Release (0.3.3A)
  • Bugfix: Disabling creative parts no longer causes client crashes when turbines are assembled
  • Bugfix: Corrupted metadata on Ingots no longer causes crashes
  • Bugfix: Passive reactors were cooling off (and generating energy) very slightly too fast. This has been fixed.
  • Bugfix: On Reactor Redstone Ports, the "While off" setting for control rod insertion was being ignored. This has been fixed.
  • Enhancement: When using the eject fuel/waste buttons on an access port, fuel/waste now only appears in the access port whose GUI is open
  • Enhancement: Reactor Power Tap crafting recipe can now be disabled in the config via the enableReactorPowerTapRecipe setting
  • Enhancement: Reactor's Computer Port now exposes getHotFluidProducedLastTick(), which returns 0 when passively cooled and the mB of hot fluid produced when actively cooled.
  • Enhancement: Turbine's Computer Port can now manipulate vent settings via setVentNone(), setVentOverflow(), and setVentAll(). No arguments required.
  • Enhancement: Spanish translation, thanks k3936!

@eximius88 has updated Modular Powersuits Addons to 1.6.4-887
eximius88 said:
Fixed nasty bug that caused the client to crash if Applied Energistics wasn't installed.

@tgame14 has updated Advanced Fluxian Tools to 0.0.0.2

tgame14 said:
In this update we have:

1. Startup crash fix
  2. Some rendering glitches now are not glitched
  3. Multiblock frame block
  4. Redstone Furnace Facing block, Screenshots below!

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone should check out mDiyos new YouTube video.

He is playing a minecraft beta Vechs map for the purpose of rebalancing Tickers Construct for hardcore maps and such.

Reactions: PurpleMentat

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Just posted our news for last week. Been getting tons and tons of request to cover drama. Personally not sure how I like covering drama, but if people want it I guess I should? Let me know how you feel on that please. :)

Modded News: Forestry going OS, ModJam 4 and Drama

My feedback? Just consolidate the factual updates from the mods alone. Most of us tend to have enough "drama in real life" to put the Readers' Digest stories to shame :p

Reactions: Pyure and Padfoote

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
My feedback? Just consolidate the factual updates from the mods alone. Most of us tend to have enough "drama in real life" to put the Readers' Digest stories to shame :p

You are missing the point. The drama will exist no mater what he douse. All his video will do is localize it direct it away from other places. Like here.
Though staring a thread here specifically for drama might be a good idea.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
@Azanor has updated Thaumcraft to 4.1.1.12

Azanor said:
- Baubles: requires Baubles 1.0.0.11
- thaumastatic girdle plus haste on the harness won't result in unstoppable warp speed anymore.
- empty and sorting golems won't keep taking and replacing items in their source chests unless there is somewhere to take them.
- label setting recipes should not consume phials anymore
- increased thaumcraft mob spawning chances to account for altered spawn weights in Minecraft 1.7
- twiddled custom saves a bit more to hopefully increase its reliability
- fixed crashes related to brain in a jar
- made it a little clearer what you needed to study before being able to scan certain things.
- travelling trunks should no longer spawn nether portals. Their pact with the dark side has been broken.
- a few minor node manipulation additions
- added golem fetters

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
That Thaumcraft update is tempting. I was also thinking that 1.7 should be cool from a biome perspective. With the addition of he new vanilla biomes I personally have almost no need for a biome mod. It just adds strain to my system anyway. I may have to fire up an instance.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That would be an absolute nightmare for the mods here. It's best to leave that stuff on reddit or somewhere else.

Not if they just ignore it unless they get a bunch of reports. Or they could simply not mod that thread.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That's an awful idea and would lead to a bajillion rules being broken, namely the personal attacks one

That could be ignored instead of being scattered all over the forum. The idea is to suck up all the BS from the rest of the forum.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
That could be ignored instead of being scattered all over the forum. The idea is to suck up all the BS from the rest of the forum.
Sadly, once a drama thread gets created, it turns into "broken window" syndrome: the drama first concentrates, and then starts to spill out as people get the idea that drama is okay. Better to send people where the drama is already considered acceptable.

And in mod update news, I started an open thread to discuss design and content for Ultratech, the mod I keep trying to make. All commenters welcome, technical-minded and otherwise.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
This was already tried with @Lawbroken 's No Topic thread last year. All that came of it was it being ridiculously spammy and a bunch of warnings. Also, as @Jadedcat said, there is a no-drama policy.

We are fine with people discussing differences of opinion as long as they abide by the forum rules against attacking people. But most of the "drama" is people screaming at other people and calling each other names.