What's new in modded minecraft today?

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019

youtube above: mDiyo shows some new things for TC
This is really interesting. We need more "essence of mDiyo" in the game.

It's a good thing that a well known developer is thinking about something to change the usual "build a giant base, get, process and store all the stuff, never leave the place" routine. I'm not saying that different points of view are wrong (it's a game, you play the way you want), but it's true that most players go supertechnical and when they are able to produce every single resource in the world and think they have won the game and that's it. That's another reason why, in my opinion, a lot of people is upset about all the RF/IC2 think, because if you play this way the only real challenge is to get a big power infrastructure. Please don't start discussing this in this thread, this is not the point. The point is that I think we need someone to take the game back to something else than rooms full of machines. It's fun, but it's basically the same game over and over again, even if you have cooler blocks and mechanics. Don't get me wrong, I also like all that stuff and new mods and everything we know, I also enjoyed 1.6.4 modpacks more than the ones for 1.4 and 1.5, because of the efficiency of tech mods and the interesting mechanics of new magical mods such as Blood Magic and Witchery. I'm sure a lot of people is already playing this way, but the support of an unleashed mDiyo could make the difference for the future of modded minecraft.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
ok everyone, I've good news and bad news.
the bad news is, I'll be going on vacation for a week tomorrow, the good news is that I'll be going on vacation for a week tomorrow, depends on how you look at it ;)
this means that during that week, I won't be on the forums, so I won't be able to post any updates in this topic.

this doesn't mean I stopped posting updates, it just means I'm enjoying my vacation.
ofcourse other people can still post any mod updates that they find.
I don't know if I'll do updates of the past week when I come back, as this depends on how much updates have been posted by others.

so to everyone, have a nice week and I'll see you all later ;)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
ok everyone, I've good news and bad news.
the bad news is, I'll be going on vacation for a week tomorrow, the good news is that I'll be going on vacation for a week tomorrow, depends on how you look at it ;)
this means that during that week, I won't be on the forums, so I won't be able to post any updates in this topic.

this doesn't mean I stopped posting updates, it just means I'm enjoying my vacation.
ofcourse other people can still post any mod updates that they find.
I don't know if I'll do updates of the past week when I come back, as this depends on how much updates have been posted by others.

so to everyone, have a nice week and I'll see you all later ;)
Enjoy your break

In other news, Better World Gen 4 is out for 1.7 http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1070207-

Reactions: Padfoote

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
the good news is that I'll be going on vacation for a week tomorrow

Able and willing to take a break? Always good news in my book :)

^^ Having reached a very good wrapping up point, this is @Yusunoha signing off, and wishing us all to TAKE IT EASY!!

:p Have a good one mate!

^^ Given that you are striving like DW20 to bring "modding to the masses" with this thread, I thought that was a good way to let you say bye-bye to us until next time :p

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
Woohoo more drama. Buttery buttery drama.

I'm not going say that ic2 are being dicks coz their not. I don't love ic2 but straight copy of textures (albeit with different colours) are not on.

But here is were the problem lies when is it okay and when it not. Has ic2 become to big for its britches? Are certain people in team doing this or the team as a whole?

Whatever the case may be leniency may be the buzzword of the week

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 983

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
There's all sort of debates on right and wrong of copying, deriving of works, etc. But one point that is clear is that there are a lot of people that just do not want to pay IC2's cost of admission to its gear. If anything it seems that there's little interest in the mod's content outside of fast ore processing, tools, & Armor. This makes sense to me because the last time I even used ic2 (1.4.7) all I wanted was a q suit.

Even stalwart fans of IC2 have been flabbergasted by the extreme crafting changes. It's indicative of how the masses view the changes. It's inevitable that alternatives of varying degrees of quality will pop up. It just tickles me that he flack against these mods seems to be based around them being associated with a new power system. There's been a BC tools mod out for quite a while that looks like IC2 Armor re textured. I guess it's because it's MJ based that no one has flown off on them.

I personally don't want IC2 copies in MY game. I said Simply Jetpacks looked too close to IC2 as soon as it dropped. I'm glad it's weathered the storm, and flight in this game can't really be that different unless it's magical based. I don't want an RF qsuit. Just make a mod and make it different. MPS managed to do it.

I also don't need RF based mass fabs, or RF-matter. If you're abandoning ic2, then let it go completely. I personally haven't missed it. Especially since TiCo went to RF on the recharge component.
*end rant*

So the neighbors dog woke me up and I'm cranky and want to sleep but I can't. So I watched a Direwolf20 video since it popped up on YouTube. WayofTime is on ForgeCraft and so is Blood Magic. DW plans to play with it. Nah nyah nah nah nah. LOL. I'm personally too hipster to enjoy this but I'm glad his mod will be getting the recognition it deserves.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
There's all sort of debates on right and wrong of copying, deriving of works, etc.
+1 ^^ Indeed. Hence my earlier remark.

But one point that is clear is that there are a lot of people that just do not want to pay IC2's cost of admission to its gear. If anything it seems that there's little interest in the mod's content outside of fast ore processing, tools, & Armor. This makes sense to me because the last time I even used ic2 (1.4.7) all I wanted was a q suit.
Simultaneously overwhelming and underwhelming. It's the IC2 experience for me :-/
Even stalwart fans of IC2 have been flabbergasted by the extreme crafting changes. It's indicative of how the masses view the changes. It's inevitable that alternatives of varying degrees of quality will pop up. It just tickles me that he flack against these mods seems to be based around them being associated with a new power system. There's been a BC tools mod out for quite a while that looks like IC2 Armor re textured. I guess it's because it's MJ based that no one has flown off on them.
All good points.

I personally don't want IC2 copies in MY game. I said Simply Jetpacks looked too close to IC2 as soon as it dropped. I'm glad it's weathered the storm, and flight in this game can't really be that different unless it's magical based. I don't want an RF qsuit. Just make a mod and make it different. MPS managed to do it.
^^ That's what got you a like from me. This is actually a very good point.

I also don't need RF based mass fabs, or RF-matter. If you're abandoning ic2, then let it go completely. I personally haven't missed it. Especially since TiCo went to RF on the recharge component.
*end rant*

So the neighbors dog woke me up and I'm cranky and want to sleep but I can't. So I watched a Direwolf20 video since it popped up on YouTube. WayofTime is on ForgeCraft and so is Blood Magic. DW plans to play with it. Nah nyah nah nah nah. LOL. I'm personally too hipster to enjoy this but I'm glad his mod will be getting the recognition it deserves.

Man, I hope that was actually button mushrooms that you ate for dinner. That thread ending! :confused:

Reactions: RedBoss

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019

Arouka

Jul 29, 2019
There's been a BC tools mod out for quite a while that looks like IC2 Armor re textured. I guess it's because it's MJ based that no one has flown off on them.

This is where I kind of have to disagree. BCtools brought something new to the table, what with socketing potions into the armour and being able to turn them on and off at will. Enderammunition works exactly the same way quantum does plus a heat beam. Heck, he even planned on adding his own copy of the mass fabricator. Innovation is what propels this community forward to bigger and better mods, and if we focus on porting x mods features over to mod z, we aren't going to get anywhere in terms of innovation.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I almost feel like there could be a discussion thread to run alongside this, so that when someone has an update, they can post their thoughts there and then post a link to their opinion posting in that discussion thread at the end of an update post here. It could actually be organized and keep this thread nice and clean for people who like to quickly scan it for actual updates.
It feels hypocritical typing this ... but any thoughts?

Last edited:

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I almost feel like there could be a discussion thread to run alongside this, so that when someone has an update, they can post their thoughts there and then post a link to their opinion posting in that discussion thread at the end of an update post here. Could actually be organized and keep this thread nice and clean for people who like to quickly scan it for actual updates.
It feel hypocritical typing this ... but any thoughts?
Why don't you start one and see how it goes? It's worth a shot[DOUBLEPOST=1399226660][/DOUBLEPOST]I feel there should be a thread that tells what mod all the people with Mod Dev tags make, I always feel awkward when I don't know which mod the person makes

Reactions: Padfoote

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I feel there should be a thread that tells what mod all the people with Mod Dev tags make, I always feel awkward when I don't know which mod the person makes
Perhaps the mod they make could be added to their mod-dev tag or give them another tag that says the mod.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Perhaps the mod they make could be added to their mod-dev tag or give them another tag that says the mod.

From what I understand about the tags (and this is just from the random discussions I've seen), each tag is for a user group, so adding the mod either to the current tag, or giving it its own tag, will require a continuously growing number of user groups.