What's new in modded minecraft today?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't completely decided whether or not to keep these, but here is a look at some of the new gate and chipset animations:]

I can honestly say your a huge pain in my ass, at this rate I will have to retexture all of BuildCraft stuff once your done. Sometimes maintaining Faithful32 makes me want to drink and have a drawing tablet. Mostly the drawing tablet.

Sarcastic stuff aside, great work.

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019
I can honestly say your a huge pain in my ass, at this rate I will have to retexture all of BuildCraft stuff once your done. Sometimes maintaining Faithful32 makes me want to drink and have a drawing tablet. Mostly the drawing tablet.

Sarcastic stuff aside, great work.

I will be providing the complete PSD for all of the textures once released.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just a concept for now, but Dmillerw is working hard to bring it to fruition:

f8UBPGQ.jpg

ZHlAEPq.jpg

2bj2eaA.jpg
Spinny spinny spinny ;)

spin.gif
Haven't completely decided whether or not to keep these, but here is a look at some of the new gate and chipset animations:

Chipsets:

Gates:

come on guys, I can only throw so much money towards my computer monitor, I need the rest of my money to pay the bills D:

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Personally... I'm not particularly enthused by the new BC stuff. Looking nice is all well and good, but it seems to me more to be a combination of ignoring 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it' and an attempt to bring people back from TE without BC. There's suitable alternatives in most areas that give the venerable old mod competition just in transportation alone.
Looks nice. But that's just not enough to bring me back.
Just a 2cents worth.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and yet again we start with @Vazkii with an update for Botania
Vazkii said:
Beta 24
  • Buffed the range of generating flowers back to 6 blocks.
  • Changed the way the checking for the mana infusion recipes work, this hopefully fixes IC2 woes.
  • Fixed Terrasteel crafting having been broken by newer versions of forge, also made it fancier.
  • The Bellethorne now deals four times more damage, but requires more mana.
  • The Fallen Kanade now has lower range and is more expensive, but applies Regeneration IV.
  • The Orechid now has some particles and sound when it places a block.
  • I swear to God, if this version does not fix manasteel with IC2 installed I'm going to punch a cat.

and @Emoniph with a quick update for Witchery
Emoniph said:
  • TWEAK: Added German translations for 0.18.0
  • TWEAK: Added Russian translations for 0.18.0
  • FIX: You can now pick up Hollow Tears with a bucket
  • FIX: You can now use a bucket to add and remove Hollow Tears and Flowing Spirit into tanks.
  • FIX: Added texture for Flowing Spirit and Hollow Tears to tanks.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Frame Like machines in vanilla 1.8

It's a short video so check it out.

Basically in 1.8 there are slime blocks and sticky slime blocks which allow for piston powered contraptions that move across the world like frame machines. Slightly interesting.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, these devices use pistons, which can only move 12 blocks and can't move tile entities, so it's of limited use.

Reactions: YX33A

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla and Modded minecraft both have their charms. Building a villager rig or an iron golem farm in vanilla usually leaves me feeling more accomplished than a spawner set to anything I want, at the same time some mobs are beyond frustrating to farm, more or less nether mobs.. either doing some shenanigans to get above the roof, or tearing huge masses of land/ halfslabbing masses of land to make them work.

This is generally where I tend to get upset with nerfs sometimes... Seeing that mfr slime trick made me smile, it felt clever and silly. I really wish we could see complexity through silly mechanics come into play.