What's new in modded minecraft today?

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
There is nothing wrong with it (If your talking about it pre-nazi times), I just thought it -may- have been a oversight, since people could get offended by it.

If people is getting offended by it its because they dont look back in history - before 1940's

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Let's not have this discussion. There is no "correct" interpretation of a symbol. I think we can all agree that, as a general rule, one should try not to offend other people where possible, even though people getting offended has as much to do with the offended as with the offender. There is no reason to assume the mod-dev was aware of the significance of his textures and no reason he should have been, considering it's a "quick and dirty" type of project.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
today, there's only really 1 mod to cover in "what's new in modded world today?"
though to be honest, it's not 1 mod, it's rather a group of mods developed by the same mod developer.
the mod developer I'm talking about it Reika, who has released updates for DragonAPI, Dye Trees, Ender Forest, GeoStrata, LegacyCraft, Meteorcraft, ReactorCraft and RotaryCraft marked as V15
Jebus

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
@Yusunoha you missed some stuff :p

RWTema made a mod for 1.7 while playing around with the new mechanics of worldgen: Dense ores. http://imgur.com/a/iojxV

Calclavia made more awesome stuff for the new Resonant Induction: "RI (Resonant Induction) steam boiler using AS (Atomic Science) turbines! http://puu.sh/6B9sX.jpg", "Grinding ores into dust with new gear shafts MUHAHAH! http://puu.sh/6B6lt.png", and 3 hours ago he said "Going to have a beta build out for testing shortly if you want to help test. http://puu.sh/6B3Hg.png" Personally I'm very excited for the new RI, using gears to process things seems pretty awesome to me.

Engineers Toolbox and GasCraft received an update: "Engineer's Toolbox 1.1.7.1 and GasCraft 2.0.4.1 are now out. Both contain minor bugfixes."

Pokefenn hinted at a Totemic release: "Client dy-sync issues fixed, expect a build of totem... eventually... :3"

yup, I noticed this a little while ago but was too busy to come back to the forum. but that's the great thing about this topic, anyone can contribute here, so thank you for sharing some information and news aswell :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah I hope folk don't stress about who provides what info. Many pairs of eyes are better than one, even if they're as sharp as Yusunoha's.

tk

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
It looks like there was a small Ars Magica update yesterday:

Ars Magica said:
1.1.2b
  • Corrected swift swim speed
  • Fixed a bug with silver skills where they could be learned from a non-primary tree
  • Fixed the keystone receptacle UI
  • Made some balance changes to the Nature Guardian
  • Air and Earth Guardians no longer break bedrock
  • Fixed a bug with the /respec command
  • The air guardian now despawns if it falls below Y=150
  • Corrected a small targeting bug when used in conjunction with Morph
  • Made some opimizations to crystal pillars
  • Fixed an issue where Dryads could not despawn
  • Fixed a config issue where the spawn weights still were not being properly recognized
    • Spawn weights are not meant to completely disable a mob, only lower its occurrence
    • As such spawn weights cannot go below 1, however this means that the mob will RARELY be seen.
  • Changed Hecate spawn rules such that they will not spawn until the average magic level in the region is 20 or more (Done)
    • Hecates also have no armor and will not go invisible unless you are on hard difficulty
    • Hecates burn instantly in daylight on all difficulties
  • All boss drop items are now pre-enchanted with Soulbound
    • The scythe, air sled, and winter arm will keep the enchantment when thrown, but ONLY that enchantment.
    • If you have thrown a scythe or winter arm and die before it comes back, it will be added to your inventory when you respawn
  • Added Colorblind mode in to 1.1.2b
    • Mana Batteries explicitly state their power type when right clicked
    • Other power blocks will explicitly state the power type when checked with a magitech's staff and will use white text only
    • Occulus will use white text only and explicitly state the skill point type
  • Fixed some of the UI configs not saving properly
  • Added an option to turn the Mana/Burnout bars off
  • Fixed a bug with /setmagelevel where it couldn't target other players

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
YES hecates now consistently burning and only invisible in hard mode? Yes please. Those dudes needed quite the serious nerf in my opinion and I'm glad that they received them.

And will only spawn when the Magic level is 20 or above in an area so if no one is using the Mod then no spawns should happen...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like there was a small Ars Magica update yesterday:

hot dang, finally those bloody hecates got taken care of... well, it's not like that they're gone, but atleast they'll only spawn when you're actually able to properly fight them of

and I guess so far this topic is going pretty well as it seems other people are slowly starting to contribute aswell :D

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
In other news, 1.0.8 update for Monster brought, amongst other things a Sweet buff for Big Reactors. Build one now if you haven't already!

Nooska

Jul 29, 2019
He said no one is using the mod which implies no one. Which means no use of Ars Magica 2, which means why have mod, it just takes up world gen, storage, etc.
Maybe nobody started with it yet? I know I usually don't use every mod from the get go (and different people on a server have different starting points) - thr problem being (supposedly) Hecates killing golems for instance (and being, in general, darned dangerous)

Reactions: RedBoss

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
In other news, 1.0.8 update for Monster brought, amongst other things a Sweet buff for Big Reactors. Build one now if you haven't already!

Yes, I buffed it to bring them around the power level of Reika's Reactors. I think I got the math right. If not, I will readjust it in the future.
I will be doing a LOT of tweaks now before I am willing to pull Monster from 1.0.x to 1.1.x

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe nobody started with it yet? I know I usually don't use every mod from the get go (and different people on a server have different starting points) - thr problem being (supposedly) Hecates killing golems for instance (and being, in general, darned dangerous)
We don't even know if he's on a server or single player world. And I'm taking what he's saying literally because it's what he stated.