What's new in modded minecraft today?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
JourneyMap 5.0.1

http://journeymap.techbrew.net/download/

• Bugfix: Defensive code added to ensure keybindings are still registered when another mod (like Tinker’s Construct) has registered a null keybinding
  • Bugfix: Experimental code to correct dark minimap issues on some graphics cards.
  • Bugfix: Version check didn’t show update available button in Fullscreen Map when user version contained “RC”
  • Bugfix: Missing tooltip for option: Advanced > Google Maps API Domain
  • Change: Data folder name scheme slightly changed to handle international characters that aren’t OS-safe. If your maps/waypoints are missing after the update, look in minecraft/journeymap/data/*/ and move the old folder contents to the new one.
  • Change: Victorian UI Theme : Ridge around minimap compass point is slightly thicker
  • Hungarian translation updated (hu_HU)

techbrew

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Botania R1.3-140

https://twitter.com/Vazkii/status/540955470622908416

• Added two new Baubles, the Cloaks of Virtue and Sin. Their effects trigger when the player takes damage.
  • All non-ring baubles now render on the player, fancy!
  • Fixed flowers not ticking properly if the doDaylightCycle gamerule is set to false.
  • Fixed the Halo on the Flugel wings rendering 1.62 blocks higher than normal on other players in multiplayer.
  • Fixed the Rod of the Arcane Barrage crashing servers >_>
  • Fixed the Terra Shatterer and Elementium Shovel having not working if the player's reach is above 4.5 (with the ring of far reach for example).
  • Gave some more damage to the Rod of the Arcane Barrage.
  • [API] Added IBaubleRender.
  • [API] SubTileEntities now have an internal ticker.
  • [API] Updated version number to 24.

Vazkii

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
GalacticGreg - Update 0.5
Now with ore asteroids in the end and in GC asteroid dimension and can run ServerSide only.
Requires GregTech 5.06.06+, Galacticraft Build 238+ and Forge 1232+.
Changelog:
BloodyAsp said:
0.5 - Removed Experimental Oregen. Galacticraft does that now internally since Build 238.
- Added Configs for Asteroid Probability, minsize and maxsize (seperate for both End and GG Asteroids).
- Changed Defaults for Asteroidores. (Disabled cheap ores and lowerd the probability of asteroids spawning)
- Fixed messed up End Asteroid spawn
- Changed to be able run server side only.
- Added GT Ore Asteroids in Galacticraft Asteroid Dimension.
- Added GT Ore Asteroids in the End.
- Added configs for Ore Asteroids.
Images of asteroids:
BloodyAsp said:
FZ0v10ll.png

jSMcToil.png

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Way of time's next bloody update approaches. Bar your doors and protect your souls.

WayofTime @WayofTime · Nov 24
Barring a few texture tweaks, a new demon has arrived!
4e8d3590a1.png…

WayofTime @WayofTime
· Nov 25
Posted a bit about the progress of my Demon Invasion system: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1290532-1-7-10-2-1-6-4-blood-magic-v1-2-1a-updated-nov-22?comment=3554…

WayofTime @WayofTime · Nov 27
1.8 MIGHT still have a few kinks in it...

WayofTime @WayofTime · Nov 27
Working a bit more on the demon structures

WayofTime @WayofTime · Nov 29
If you want to play around with the new portal mechanic (do it in a test world), grab it here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/224791-blood-magic/files/2219951… BM v1.2.1b is out!

WayofTime @WayofTime · Nov 29
I stress, ONLY DO THIS IN A TEST WORLD! The Demon Portal block is only found in creative for a reason!

WayofTime @WayofTime · Nov 30
I think this is fine for a minor demon grunt. This is a fire type one, and there will be more
d551525326.png

WayofTime @WayofTime · Dec 3
Just a note, I am not one to explain complicated systems in my mod over twitter. All of the information is on my post http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1290532-1-7-10-2-1-6-4-blood-magic-v1-2-1a-updated-nov-22…

WayofTime @WayofTime · Dec 3
Want your demons? You're going to have to earn it.

WayofTime @WayofTime · Dec 4
Texture request: 8-pointed-star Alchemy Circle. Hi-res, because it will be streatched to r=5.5. This is for the Demon Summoning Ritual!

Portal Summoning Ritual is now completed! Now I need the most important thing of all... the name.

Blood Magic Developer Commentary #8:
via @YouTube

WayofTime @WayofTime · 15h 15 hours ago
It's coming...

WayofTime @WayofTime · 14h 14 hours ago
Always good to have a testing altar that has a max_int capacity :3

WayofTime @WayofTime · 9h 9 hours ago
v1.3.0 of Blood Magic is ready for my closed beta people. I mainly need the testing for the balance

WayofTime @WayofTime · 9h 9 hours ago
Please use the 8th Developer Commentary for reference as to how to start the invasion system.

WayofTime

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
glHandler 1.1.0 (by css_maya) MC1.8
635534347065405205.jpeg

This is a core lib for minecraft mods. The goal of this mod is to gather every library mod out there and make a unique, stable version so that many mod developers can use same stuff. This project will be maintained by more than one person. It started as a mod with single target Open GL stuff but later I (Jiraiyah) thought why not integrate so many repetitive libraries out there in one place. For example, how many times you saw a mod generating Ores like Tin, Copper, Aluminium, and Bronze. Well, we register those ore to dictionary for example, make a method to handle world gen but we don't hard code numbers there, instead we let other mods depending on ours decide those params and then call the generate method to just handle the generation of those ore in world for them. That is a simple example, another target is to develop a flexible enough, yet robust GUI system so that other mod developers can use it for many things that is a bit hard to handle and need lots of jobs like, tabs, gl drawing stuff etc etc. Another one perpose as I said is to reduce the number of repetitive stuff. These days if you want to have a full list of mods to play with, you would need to just install more than 30 mods calling themselves Lib/Api/Core mods. And all of us know that at least 30% of stuff in those mods are repetitive.
If you have a core / APi / Lib mod that you think it can join this mod and reduce the amount of repetitive stuff, be with us, send us a pull request in Github or email me at Jiraiyahsama @ yahoo . com or open an issue in the glHandler repository or pm me on the Github or you can find me most of the time in Malisis, MinecraftForge , forgeGradle and direwolf20 IRC channels. have fun and please help us grow and make this mod more stable.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
SquidUtils 1.0.0. Disable the debug screen, force hard difficulty and more! All features are configurable.

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/226025-squidutils

SquidUtils adds the following features:
  • Recipes for chain armor
  • A config option to force hard difficulty
  • A config option to change the stack size of enderpearls and potions
  • A config option to disable achievements
  • A config option to disable the debug screen
  • A config option to disable TNT
  • A config option to disable the Wither
  • A creative tab for wood
  • A creative tab for spawn eggs
  • A creative tab for colored blocks (wool, stained glass, etc)
  • A creative tab for Vanilla items that are not normally in any tab.
All features are fully configurable. A copy of the config may be found here.

CoolSquid
Oh, wow. I might need to get this in RR2 just so I can force people to use the Hard Difficulty. Thanks for this!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused what does this do. It looks interesting but I don't understand what it does

Looks like it's supposed to replace hunks of a lot of mods. But as most mod deves would not want to lose control of parts of there mods and have to wait on others for update patches I don't think it will be that popular. At least not for experienced moders. It'll probably be the most useful for beginner mod devs. But I see this handler causing a lot of problems. But when and if it proves reliable, stable, and useful that might change.

But what I want to know is what the beep is that huge picture for? It has no relation too... anything spesific. It's a generic minecraft picture. Bin out for years. And has nothing to do with that modish thing or modding at all.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Simply Jetpacks 1.3.0

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/79325-simply-jetpacks/files/2221365

- Added 3D armor models for the jetpacks. Many thanks to Cybercat and dand0 for providing a model. (There is a config option to switch back to the boring old flat jetpacks.)
- Added a configurable speed boost when sprinting while flying forward
- Adding or removing armor is now done using a crafting grid. This allows armored jetpacks to be auto-crafted. Note that removing armor will only properly return plating if done by a player.
- Removed armoring NEI handlers as they are no longer needed
- Emergency hover mode can be toggled by switching hover mode while sneaking
- Added /simplyjetpacks_switch (/sjs) command to switch emergency hover and chargers, and a config option to disable secondary actions when sneaking and pressing the toggling keys
- Sneaking while flying slows down sideways flight to half speed
- Jetpacks and Flux Packs are now on by default upon creation
- Sneak-right clicking a jetpack on a Zombie or a Skeleton will force it to wear and use it
- Fixed armored jetpacks absorbing much more damage than intended. This was making players invincible when they were also wearing other pieces of armor
- Fixed engine/hover controls not working when bound to mouse buttons
- Updated CoFH Energy API, and actually include the whole package this time *cough*
- RIP, resource pack authors

Tonius