What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
We interrupt your daily Internet activities for BREAKING NEWS!

First of all, go outside.
I'm talking to you @SpwnX

Anyway, here are the (Breaking) news.

Thaumic Infusion [Become a tester!]
Updates.png

Well... It's been a long journey and there have been bumps along the way, but the finish line is in sight. What this means is that a closed beta will be starting soon and by soon I mean within the coming days, as the infusion process is now in survival and the research has been completed. A few thing need to be polished up and it will be good to go, so for those whom are interested in testing out the mod, please fill out this form and I will get back to you when it's ready.

Also, I have now localized the mod. So if you are interested in translating it to another language, then feel free to do so. Please read the Readme on the github for more info.

Ender Storage - The Forkening
Recently ChickenBones, the Author of such mods as Not Enough Items, Translocators, and of course EnderStorage released his mods under the MIT license and made all code available on GitHub.

Being the dabbler in things that I am, I've taken the opportunity to fork EnderStorage and work on somethings of my own. My current project has been to add a config option that enables Tooltips on Ender Chests, Pouches, and Tanks when you mouse over them in your inventory. It's a little thing, but I think it's definitely needed. This does support Localization though at the moment only English (US) and German are present.

I've got a Pull Request in on ChickenBones' EnderStorage Repository, basically asking for my changes to be folded into the main branch. However ChickenBones has so far been absent from GitHub for the better part of a month. Life happens and so forth.

Rather than wait for him to come back, I'm going to go ahead and distribute compiled versions of EnderStorage that contains the support for these tooltips myself under the terms of the license he's used.

If you are interested in trying out this fork, you can get a copy HERE.

As per the regular version of EnderStorage, this does need CodeChickenCore to run. Currently tested working with version 1.0.2.9 Newer versions may work, though I have not personally tested them.
Screenshot of what it does said:

Last edited:

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Lonely? Lonely is when you can't reply to this because no update from the IC2 family has happened for quite some time.
Well, theres an addon in the works, i'll post about it if @xbony2 doesn't do it himself.

You can see this color, what about my toughts?

Lonely is when your life goes bad and you have to resort to the internet to stay sane, but still lone...

Don't quote this if you managed to find it. Just don't. Please. If you happen to use dark style forum and can see this, congrats, you are no more special than anyone else.
Which addon? :p IndustrialEx?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Botania updated to r1.3-135

Changelog

• Added some more info to the Spark page.
  • Fixed the terrasteel plate not being in the creative tab.
  • Fixed the terrasteel plate not taking the player to the Terrasteel entry when shift-right clicked with the lexicon.
  • Removing sparks is now done via shift-right click, normal right click now shows which sparks it can connect to.
  • The Gaia Guardian now spawns a few less mobs and spawns them in a smaller radius. It won't spawn pig zombies or spiders any more, but you might get witches.
  • When a spark is placed in the world it displays what sparks it can connect to, this can be duplicated by right clicking it with a wand.

Vazkii (that DivineRPG guy Kappa)

Claycorp

Jul 29, 2019
Small update! (Small is not proportional to actual changes)
D3Backed
I haven't said much about this for a week+ now and thats because the whole system that runs it was changed.
Theres a new web server and status changes are updated live via sockets this means almost instant updates to those pages you are looking at!

Everything should be finished within a few weeks except some of the larger systems.
Note: There will be no builds of the new system available until its caught up to where things were.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Botania updated to r1.3-135

Changelog

• Added some more info to the Spark page.
  • Fixed the terrasteel plate not being in the creative tab.
  • Fixed the terrasteel plate not taking the player to the Terrasteel entry when shift-right clicked with the lexicon.
  • Removing sparks is now done via shift-right click, normal right click now shows which sparks it can connect to.
  • The Gaia Guardian now spawns a few less mobs and spawns them in a smaller radius. It won't spawn pig zombies or spiders any more, but you might get witches.
  • When a spark is placed in the world it displays what sparks it can connect to, this can be duplicated by right clicking it with a wand.

Vazkii (that DivineRPG guy Kappa)
It's been a few days since the last Botania update... I was wondering when Vazkii would release I new update... I was worrying she may have "left" again :p

Reactions: Fixided

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack Makers Rejoice! Easy ore dictionary info!

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225488-ore-dictionary-log

For modders it can be useful to have all the ore dictionary names in a single text file when they want to use it for their recipes. Simply add this mod to your run/mod folder and it will create a folder called ODL in the run directory, inside it, there should be one single text file logging all the ore dictionary entries.

css_maya

Edit: I can also see the use in this when setting up the COFH world gen

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Flaxbeard's Steam Power 0.27.0

Flaxbeard's Steam Power 0.27.0

• NEW: Brass Knuckles (issue #151)
  • NEW: Config options to enable/disable mod integration
  • NEW: Zinc Ore and Copper Ore generate in the End and Nether. Same blocks, different textures based on the dimension the person is in. (issue #132 on FSP's Issue Tracker and issue #42 on PhoenixCraft's Issue Tracker)
  • FIX: (dmillerw) Fixed null Yeti Hide recipe. This fixes a crash bug with the Esteemed Innovation and stops Hardcore Ender Expansion from complaining (issue #146 and issue #145)
  • FIX: Steam Heater and Exosuits no longer get their icons server-side.
  • FIX: Fixed variable names in all classes. This doesn't change anything in-game or from a user POV, but for people working on the mod, and for people wanting to learn from it, this is very helpful. This includes p_######_#_, some wrongly named variables (tileentitysteamcharger set to TileEntitySteamHammer), and some more descriptive variables (World var1, int var2 -> World world, int meta in createTileEntitymethods).
  • FIX: Added @Override annotation in a lot of classes. This doesn't really change much, but will make it easier to port to newer versions of Forge, and might prevent some errors.
  • FIX: Got rid of commented out WAILA integration, because WAILA Integration mod has support for FSP.
  • FIX: Got rid of derpy code I wrote when doing some rendering stuff with the Steam Filler; it now uses the old code that Flax (or someone) wrote ages ago. This should fix some rendering issues.
  • FIX: Capitalization in config file.
  • FIX: Monacle -> Monocle in config file and key bind screen.

SatanicSanta, Xbony2, dmillerw

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO 2.2.0.272

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/64578-ender-io/files/2218555

Changes
- Updated Build Craft API compatibility to v6.1
- Build Craft API is no longer required and is not distributed with EIO
- All MJ support removed
- Still compatible with BC v6.0 though no MJ support or liquid fuel registration
- Added ME Conduits - basic, carry 8 channels. Unfinished. (tterrag)
- Added Computer Craft support to insulated redstone conduits (Vexatos)
- Added comparator support to tanks and capacitor banks (tterrag)
- Added support for IAETool for wrench compatibility with AE
- Insulated Redstone Conduits can now be toggled between emitting a strong and weak signal via the GUI
Default output has been reverted to a weak signal.
- #1218 All conduits now keep connection settings when removing/replacing adjacent blocks
- Added tool blacklist to prevent broken spawners dropping when using those tools
- Added support for Ender Zoo enchants to Enchanter
- Added spawn costs for Ender Zoo mobs to powered spawner config
- Allow dark pick to work on glass material blocks such as glowstone (tterrag)
- Railcraft API no longer distributed with EIO
- Thaumcraft API no longer distributed with EIO
- #1188 Updated zh_CN.lang (Mrkwtkr)
- #1199 Create Korean translation (puyo061)

Bugs
- Fix NEI handler for vat showing fire if a recipe only has one item. (tterrag)
- Fix spoon upgrade only working on certain blocks (tterrag)
- Fixed ore dictionary registration of sand to include red sand
- Fixed crash when upgrading Daek Steel Helm with Goggles of Revealing
- #1157 Ender IO and Staff of Traveling not working in Mystcraft Ages
- #1184 Dimensional Transceiver forgets connections bug Code Complete
- #1191 #1203 Fixed crash with wireless electric light
- #1194 Fixed infinite loop created using ender fluid conduits and TE tesseracts.
- #1197 Fixed packet size for machine progress updates.
- #1201 Displayed Armor RF Power Values where 10x too actual (only a UI issue)

CrazyPants

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack Makers Rejoice! Easy ore dictionary info!

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225488-ore-dictionary-log

For modders it can be useful to have all the ore dictionary names in a single text file when they want to use it for their recipes. Simply add this mod to your run/mod folder and it will create a folder called ODL in the run directory, inside it, there should be one single text file logging all the ore dictionary entries.

css_maya

Edit: I can also see the use in this when setting up the COFH world gen
*cough* Minetweaker has had that function for a while *cough*