What's new in modded minecraft today?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Mithion left modding while AM2 while still in a very incomplete state in 1.7.10. A lot of it doesn't work properly and it just isn't worth putting it in a pack in its present state.
Oh yeah. I add it to packs I play though since I still like the mod :p. I haven't run into too many bugs though... Maybe I am just not playing it right >.<

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @techbrew with JourneyMap
techbrew said:
JourneyMap 5.0.0RC2
Builds:
Changes:
  • New translation for Arabic (ar_SA)
  • New translation for Chinese, Simplified (zh_CN)
  • New translation for Dutch (nl_NL)
  • New translation for Hungarian (hu_HU)
  • New translation for Korean (ko_KR)
  • New translation for Spanish (es_ES)
  • Updated translation for Swedish (sv_SE)
  • Font Scale options can now be 1-4 instead of 1-3
  • New config files will now default to Font Scale 2 if the Minecraft font is based on Unicode. This should make things easier to read.
  • Bugfix: Right-to-left languages displayed incorrectly in Options Manager’s tooltips
  • Bugfix: Some options in Options Manager didn’t reset via the Reset button
  • Bugfix: Waypoint label backgrounds on maps were opaque
  • Bugfix: Shortened label for the Fullscreen Map keybinding

and a new mod by @Sirwol called Geochests
Sirwol said:
Geochests
Take the world with you!

Download Link

Features

• Geochests let you pick up and place down areas of blocks in the world!
  • Pick up Geochests and carry them with you - they keep their inventory!
  • Supports all vanilla block types as of Minecraft 1.6.4, in both Survival and Creative mode!
  • Responds to a redstone signal allowing complex new interactions!
  • 5 different colours and sizes - From 3x3 through to 11x11!
  • Chaining Geochests allows you to store areas of any shape or size! Like that village? Well now you can steal it!
After years of enjoying Minecraft’s many awesome mods, I thought it was finally time to give something back. Enter the Geochests Mod - I hope you enjoy it!

Take your home with you

MUO9sS3pbqwIwCGHy1N63YUUSGPZflv2qNGYCjqNfuLm-nPlRGvc1HJTBph-ggi7JRU1vl-Nhm9m0fM5MLkRKx_7G3nTk-Uv8jzUU5c8RTeA2m9LYazPIhlOnMjXIFb40g

nxDsS4K0dJ2q-Vq4tuNwc48t2z2ZXs31MTXwJ66tPAwZpbjYi_9E2fmOjvvKj1Jd5W8JsMOKNpqZyMhSC7OLO2hapzPTRcA18LStMm39l9cZUbbUYRFDJrrgldGq9D2zyg

Take the guesswork out of mining

ZjSYM2VTXNSL9JqiwGNeSlFp3nOYPDgMVwhEj8BYOYtXJy_WpKF1sFesm94VrUlrpTNgQJI8CmcbYgAJ9Ky4r42rQMphI2PYi6-xtlGQsfs51CdxPMrsB16726bVeDPheQ

KhI2oIvA1MR1qX7OlmYwGmfPyuNIa1ZDBFqsBUYjNJEmTVwGpC-Pa97DUmOoYdnQleECN2VRVn01PhIYvnvkpesX54x0uMBoLzj7oIHlkQeHX8XBOkMt7ToFiShoNOj5PA

Copy and paste in Creative

czipMjtTICP5RGKfhThznTQ3B_kYWn8fZ_H5yseuYNBxvZksoW9iwPwcTo5oHHJB941ZLc1buUE4sOXCx093vSqLnPoLO0RaiOdN5FvxyuKQacvg6WEMOH_FHORHVxYB1Q

3mvxTuZtw85VSDXVlvX7uVmDJG_p_XgNmoJEsyMwv4Vp0O0zFZ65n95VmfxuIOfrf-92wZISXWs3A8apxs-8pnA-MD1ydvkcoZG45KJy4cYfc1SZAek0Bljy2cK8aErw7A

Note: I've done my best to make the mod stable, but this is only version 1.0.4, so please let me know if you see any bugs and I'll try to fix them in future updates.

Installation
  1. Make sure you are running Minecraft 1.6.4 with Forge (I find the Technic Launcher particularly useful for this).
  2. Drop the zip file into your mods folder.
  3. Play the game!
Tips and Tricks

• To build Geochests you’ll need geodite which is mined from geodite ore and you’ll need lots and lots of coloured wool.
  • Geodite ore only exists above sea level and is most easily found in the extreme hills biome where it is sometimes exposed on cliff faces. Alternatively you can craft Geodite by placing an emerald and some magenta dye into the crafting grid.
  • You can now use the config file to turn on/off world spawned Geodite ore and/or crafting Geodite to suit your tastes.
  • To build a 3x3 White Geochest, place a normal chest in the middle of a crafting table. Place geodite above it and fill every other square with white carpet.
  • To upgrade to a 5x5 Yellow Geochest, use the same recipe but with a White Geochest in the middle and using yellow carpet instead of white.
  • Use the same pattern to upgrade Yellow to Blue (7x7), Blue to Red (9x9) and Red to Black (11x11).
  • To trigger a Geochest, right click on it, then press the button with the Geochest icon on it. This will swap whatever is in the chest with whatever is in the world in front of the chest.
  • If you have multiple Geochests you can name them to easily distinguish between them in your inventory. Use the textbox to the left of the button with the Geochest icon. The larger the chest, the longer its name can be.
  • When other Geochests are placed within the area of the first, triggering the first chest will also trigger the others, before placing them in the Geochest’s inventory. This allows you to chain Geochests.
  • Once you have enough geodite, experiment with chaining Geochests - you can chain many more than just 2 chests together, in fact the potential for chaining is near limitless.
  • When working with large chains, you may find a Geovisualizer useful. Create this by crafting geodite with a stick, then to use it, simply equip and right click on a Geochest - this will toggle showing the area that will be collected by the current chain.
  • If you’re running a server, you can set the maximum chain limitations in the Geochest config file to protect your server from excessive use of this feature.
A Caution on Use with Other Mods

This mod has been thoroughly tested with all block types in Minecraft 1.6.4 and should work without any significant hitches. Use with other mods and mod packs however has not been thoroughly tested and should be approached with great caution!

Non-vanilla blocks will not rotate with the chest. This is generally harmless but can result in things like lava pipes suddenly spilling out onto the ground. As such, I’ve included an indicator to show if your chest is in the same orientation as its contents (the top of the clasp on the chest is magenta when it is oriented the same and grey when it isn’t).

A far more significant risk, however, comes from the fact that not all mods know how to handle their blocks being unexpectedly ripped out of the world and put back again elsewhere! In extreme cases, they can crash and/or cause data loss in the geochest or the affected chunk. If combining Geochests with other mods or mod packs, back up your server regularly!

All that said, this mod provides a lot of utility and makes a fun addition to most mod packs - so please do comment if you find another mod or mod pack that Geochests plays nicely with!

Thank You

Thank you for trying out my mod - I hope you have fun and I look forward to hearing all your feedback!
~Sirwol~

Last edited:

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to @Jadedcat , I have seen a rather... interesting new mod.
Introducing the Calculator mod!

lkUbTFh.png

The Calculator Mod

Description:The Calculator Mod introduces a brand new crafting mechanism adding Hand-Held Calculators which can add items together, manage your health and hunger, teleport, craft and change the world around you. With them, the mod introduces new Redstone Flux Generators, Machines, Tools, Food, Fuels and more. The mod features hundreds of hidden recipes to be discovered only by experimentation, with more being added with each update. These hidden recipes can be found on the standard Calculator. The mod extends Thermal Expansion with the main energy used being RF which is used by Calculators and Machines. All recipes (apart from hidden ones) are on NEI.

Summary:
-Adds portable Calculators which can add items together.
-Adds a portable Crafting Table.
-Adds three Redstone Flux generators.
-Adds a quicker and easier way to eat food.
-Adds Terrain Modules making landscaping easier and quicker.
-Adds Trees, Swords, Tools, Food and even a Grenade
-Adds decorative blocks.
-Adjustable sides.
-Full Not Enough Items Integration.

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
now for 1.7.10

Chisel 2 now being updated by TheCricket26
implemented an Auto Chisel!
Added Auto Chisel
Code refractor
Code cleanup overall
Fixes creative tab naming

Ender Zoo 1.0.0.3
(With the new ability of configurable spawn of mobs other than Ender Zoo too!)
- Mounted archer Fallen Knights will now attempt to stay out of melee range
- Ground archer Fallen Knights will switch to a sword when in melee range
- Added randomized Fallen Knights swords based on global difficulty and regional difficulty settings
- Added GUI to change config in game
- Added XML based spawn configs (can be used to adjust non Ender Zoo mobs)

banner2rl.png

Version 4.99999A0E Marsupial?!!! of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!
This release contains the following changes:

-Added a significant upgrade to Hardcore Of Darkness. You'll know it when you see it, but it is really of course absolutely nothing to ever worry about in the teensy weensy little bit very least, particularly not because this release just happens to fall totally randomly in the most startling of coincidences on Halloween. Thinking otherwise would just be symptomatic of rampant paranoia, and thus should be avoided at all costs. Honest.

-Added the ability to dye wolf collars with Dung, because...you know...who am I to discourage people from rubbing Dung all over their pets?

-Changed the way player healing works so that it only stops due to hunger once you hit the "Peckish" state.

-Fixed problem where Concentrated Hellfire Beacons were no longer functioning in the previous release.

-Fixed problem with gravel and sand slabs acting weird when placed on cactus.

-Fixed problem where Mining Charges destroyed by Powder Keg explosions would leave "ghost entities".

-Fixed problem where cooking Cookie Dough in the furnace would produce 8 cookies for the first dough item, but only 1 cookie for additional items.

-Fixed some oddities with how redstone repeaters behaved on Turntables.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Again that's gonna make my game lag even more
/s
Why?

Also:
C3X3nEr.png

Also, IC2 can handle a lot more power throughput than I thought, as demonstrated with 1-tick mass-fabricator(ing):
a5ViSrP.png

Also, @xbony2, is there any way to get me in touch with Greg? I want to make sure that these do not upset what he is trying to do, so I would like his input for suggestions to make the converters more dangerous/expensive if "hard mode IC2" (either a config or GT installtion) is enabled.

Chocohead

Jul 29, 2019
Also, IC2 can handle a lot more power throughput than I thought, as demonstrated with 1-tick mass-fabricator(ing)
IC2 has magical energy flow right now, and is really only limited to how powerful your computer is to work out the E-net maths

Reactions: Fixided

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to get me in touch with Greg? I want to make sure that these do not upset what he is trying to do, so I would like his input for suggestions to make the converters more dangerous/expensive if "hard mode IC2" (either a config or GT installtion) is enabled.
Visiting his thread on the IC² forums is a good way, or PMing him there.
If you are fond of IRC you can join #kirara , the server which he plays (although he hasnt joined it recently).

Reactions: Blockmaster139