What's new in modded minecraft today?

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
Greg is working on a big update :D

To be more informative than this guy :rolleyes: I'll give some info:

- New food items like Cheese, chum, and fries
- More TFC compatibility (implements the different gem classes, Exquisite(highest) can be smashed with a Forge hammer into 2 Flawless(second highest), which can be smashed again into regular size gems, which are the ones you use for crafting stuff. The other 2 tiers can only be macerated into small and tiny dusts)
- A few new machines, one of them is the Sifting Machine, which gets you gems of varying qualities out of Crushed Purified ores. Exceptions to this are the types of quartz, and lapis, probably Sodalite and Lazurite too. They will just give multiple of the regular gem. Another machine is some kind of compact animal farm I think.
- Soldering Iron pls???

Also, now may be a good time to tell you all that IC2 has now got a config to enable power loss. It is apparently still buggy, and there's still no explosions, but it's almost here, and you have time to prepare before your base goes boom boom!

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
To be more informative than this guy :rolleyes: I'll give some info:

- New food items like Cheese, chum, and fries
- More TFC compatibility (implements the different gem classes, Exquisite(highest) can be smashed with a Forge hammer into 2 Flawless(second highest), which can be smashed again into regular size gems, which are the ones you use for crafting stuff. The other 2 tiers can only be macerated into small and tiny dusts)
- A few new machines, one of them is the Sifting Machine, which gets you gems of varying qualities out of Crushed Purified ores. Exceptions to this are the types of quartz, and lapis, probably Sodalite and Lazurite too. They will just give multiple of the regular gem. Another machine is some kind of compact animal farm I think.
- Soldering Iron pls???

Also, now may be a good time to tell you all that IC2 has now got a config to enable power loss. It is apparently still buggy, and there's still no explosions, but it's almost here, and you have time to prepare before your base goes boom boom!
You forgot about "more fixes to Vanilla's derpy stuff" :p

Reactions: 1SDAN and Yulife

BBoldt

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how many people noticed, but Plant Mega Pack is officially dead as of yesterday.

aU90e7z.png

NRg8ELb.png

And the forum topic is now closed, with all download links removed. :(

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't know how many people noticed, but Plant Mega Pack is officially dead as of yesterday.

And the forum topic is now closed, with all download links removed. :(
Everyone's gonna wanna share an opinion on this, lets start it on RED before we get it moved and our wrists slapped...

Reactions: Flipz

Chocohead

Jul 29, 2019
That's been in for literally months :p It's simply people never tried testing it.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

crunkazcanbe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey hey don't insult us younger people :p. Anyway I think someone probably has a copy of the latest version so it shouldn't be that bad. Also, you said you would work on a copy correct?

Yep I am working on getting the mod back out as we speak. Wish I had the source , but anyhow it decompiled with only a few errors . So now I have most of the source. Thanks to a decompiler I spent a chunk of money on awhile back . I will be changing the code up a bit , and doing some things a little different , but all in all all the plants will stay in and it will function the exact same . I don't know about adding any new things in because I suck with textures . Even though I am paying for photoshop go figure . Anyhow lets don't get off topic here I may get in trouble .

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
What I got from that was that we are getting less terrible-looking animations. Will be nice to see how mods use that, especially ars magica, since I believe that relies on an animation API atm so that should be useful for it.

Reactions: 1SDAN

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a professional programmer and I only understand 24% of that. Good luck everyone!

Basically he is tearing out all the entity code. There will be a set of classes which all entities are based upon. Standardized entity rendering, standardized player viewpoint render, standardized animation render, even custom animation support. The current system has a lot of specialized code for each entity and different people at Mojang have worked on, so now its basically spaghetti code defined by how awake the coder was.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech Update Content (Coming Soon™)
The next Version will also kill those pesky Animal Pens, which cause Servers to go down by checking if there are too many Mobs inside the collision box of each other and then inflicting 1 Heart of Damage every 100 ticks until the "Problem" of too many Mobs is solved.

The wild CarbonBasedGhost has fainted!

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooooooooooo....... Aaaaaaaaaa.......

Not Enough Items Integration for Thaumcraft 4
Note that a recipe becomes visible ONLY when you unlock that in the Thaumonomicon.
The mod is ClientSide Only, so you don't have to install it on the server to get it working.
Crucible Recipe:
mq5Wdja.png

Arcane Workbench Recipe:
dhAWNVH.png

Infusion Recipe:
UBBTi67.png
================

mpslogo_699.png
Modular Powersuits updated to 1.7.10!
Along with an MPS Addon update!
Be sure to get Numina too!
================

A sneak peek at Mineshopper's attempt for a lantern
Here's my take on the lantern:
aw1xfFh.png

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Forum update:
Signatures are getting out of hand on the forums.

According to forum rules the basic guideline is "Signatures should be less then 615 wide x 150 Tall. "

That is the size for the entire signature, not an image that size plus another image that size plus 20 lines of text.

Most of them are signature height violations

This is the correct height for a signature:

Start: stuff stuff stuff
more stuff stuff stuff
still more stuff stuff stuff
Stuff Stuff stuff End
Everything text and images should fit in 3-4 lines. Beyond that it starts looking like its a forum post not a signature. This does NOT mean it has to be only 4 lines, just that it should fit in the space taken by 4 lines of normal sized font. Use smaller font if you want more lines.

And no animated signatures. We have allowed it in the past, but a lot of them are now approaching seizure inducing levels.

Please fix your signatures and don't make us have to clean them up. Failure to comply with the signature guidelines will result in signature editing privileges being revoked.

Obviously its not a definitive size requirement. We like you being able to express yourself. But if people are saying your sig is too big and distracting, it probably is.

Last edited: