What's new in modded minecraft today?

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
And also a WIP mod called Runica (Or might be changed to something else), I just wanted to let people know about it:
"Runica is a magic-adventure mod aimed at being more than just showing players a tech filled world disguised with particles, It's to give players a sense of accomplishment, while being able to roam about the world.
Some features that my team hope to implement:

• The Magic Mirror
    A two-block-high construct made of the finest wood and silver, Actively reflects every thing in front of it, Acts as portal to the Mirror Realm when player goes through as a shadow.

• The Staff of the Black Hole
    A magical weapon that can create holes in the ground for enemies to fall into and soon close up leaving the drops of the monsters above ground. You can also use this to your own advantage by creating a hole beneath, there by sealing you in, but the staff protects you by not letting it collapse. (At least for a short while..)

• The Land of the Golden Tides
    A magical dimension made of golden grass and rolling hills with large cities and ruins of the ancients.

• The Umber
    An underground dimension made of stone and lush grass, large oceans of water with small white squid, and small towns with pigmen, Light-Blue pillars made of Flowstone light the up these otherwise dark caverns.

• Runic Magic
    Rune stones can be found on your travels, but some you need to make your self to imprint onto Spell Parchment, which allows you to do many different things. (Think Ars Magica Spell creation) These stones will also do many other things, such as:
    • Make the Runic Knife (Allows you to cut your shadow off)
    • Creation of Staves (Including the Staff of the Black Hole)
      These staves are composed of a multitude of materials, and usually studded with various different runes"
Simplified Plans:
  1. A working runic magic system based off of the Elder Futhark
  2. New custom dimensions
  3. Nice magical utilities
  4. A Shadow and Seperation of body system for unique gameplay
  5. NPCs in the world to interact with
Github
SeamusFD - Programmer
big_Xplosion - Programmer
(Without these guys, I could never have started this mod)
Stolen from Reddit. Please ask me questions down in my signature.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @CrazyPants with Ender IO
CrazyPants said:
Ender IO 2.1.0_beta
Changes

• Removed MJ support from machines
  • Power conduits can output but longer recieve MJ
  • Updated all config entries to use RF
  • Added Slice'N'Splice
  • Added Soul Binder
  • Added black list for Soul Vial and Powered Spawners
  • Added Spoon upgrade for Dark Steel Pick
  • Added Travel upgrade for Dark Steel Pick and The Ender
  • Reduced default IO for tier 1 power conduits
  • Added config option for power conduit IO values
  • Added config option to stop power conduits of different tiers connecting
  • Added config option for stirling gen output
  • Added config option for painter power use
  • FarmStation: crops other than trees now require a hoe to be harvested, and the hoe takes 1 damage point per harvest
  • Many changes to recipes
  • Farm now supports fertilized dirt
Bugs
  • Farm 'error messages' flickering on and off

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I know it hasn't been confirmed yet but there are rumours that Microsoft is about to buy Mojang for $2B.

WSJ: http://online.wsj.com/articles/microsoft-near-deal-to-buy-minecraft-1410300213
CNBC: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101975715

Apparently WSJ is a very credible site so I'm honestly thinking it might be real. (Please take discussion of this to this thread)

more importantly...
https://twitter.com/Eyamaz/status/509487390113939456
https://twitter.com/Eyamaz/status/509487390113939456

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Chickenbones seems to have made all his mods Open Source
https://github.com/Chicken-Bones?tab=repositories
slow.gif

They've been open on GitHub since April.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech update, now with even more new stuff:
GregoriusT said:
V5.04.03:
Added the electric Forge Hammer finally.
Added some Fluids.
All Railcraft Rails are now craftable in the Assembler using Molten Redstone and Molten Blaze.
Laser Engraver now makes Chiseled Variants of the Stones/Quartzes.
Changed many Recipes to use Oxygen instead of Air.
Removed the Recipes for NitroCarbon and SodiumSulfide, because they are useless now.
Coins are now made in the Forming Press. The Press does support renaming the Mold to rename the Coins.
Fixed Forestry Blocks not being recognized.
And many other Bugfixes.
@Arkandos FastCraft have fixed the JABBA issue aswell some others.

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
One of our community members, Coolmanzz2, developed a simple mod based on a suggestion I threw him not too long ago. The mod (or rather a part of his mod of random stuff) adds coins. Think of it as player econ in item form.

The idea came to me when we were thinking of quests and rewards for players on our modpack. Having a directly 1:1 translatable object for econ to item is great for things like rewarding players econ through the quest bags from HQM. Then, I just have to set up our in game shop plugin to allow players to swap these coins for econ (essentials plugin currency), and vise versa.

The mod includes wood, stone, iron, gold, diamond and emerald coins. The coins (ofc) stack to 64, and comes with a config option to set your description, which is useful for prompting players who obtain these coins what exactly they can do with them - so for our server, our description would steer players to the server's "bank" (just a '/shop bank' command gets them there) where they can turn these coins into a number that's attached to their player, where they can then use that econ to use with shop plugins and the sort.

This mod is neat for other things like custom villager trades, custom loot tables for mobs, custom loot chests in the world, etc.

Currently, the coins have no crafting recipe, but I suggested he add a way to craft them and set a config option to turn on/off the crafting recipe. This will allow server admins to have direct control over how these coins are produced. There is also no inherent value to each coin, and no way to turn, say, a stack of wood coins into a stone coin.

The thing I was most proud of was the textures I designed for it. I didn't code any part of the actual mod, but I did do up some pretty snazzy coin textures. Why so snazzy? The texture changes depending on how many coins you have in a stack!

Here's an example: http://prntscr.com/4le602, http://prntscr.com/4le6j0

I'm surprised more mod developers don't do this. It's extra flair that makes a mod that much better. I've seen animated textures, or even high res textures, but this is probably the first time I've seen stack based textures.

I would share this mod with you all, but Coolmanzz2 hasn't hosted it anywhere, or even for that matter made an official post somewhere. I'll share it when he allows me to ;)

I guess my main point of discussion on this mod is why don't more devs make stack based textures, other than the obvious answer of too much extra work? If you think about it, even simple things like seeds could use stack based textures - you have 1 seed, in literally looks like 1 seed in your inventory. Past x number of seeds, you could just have a blanket texture like in the above photos for any coin stack size above 25.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @NightKosh with Gravestone
NightKosh said:
Gravestone 2.9.4
  • Portuguese localization (made by LorenzoDCC)
  • Fixed "gravestone message bug"(it will be shown with items in hands)
  • Fixed "helpful villagers" bug.
  • Searching of a free space for graves was fully reworked.
  • Graves will show amount of days you have lived

and @Reika with updates for DragonAPI, ChromatiCraft, ReactorCraft and RotaryCraft
Reika said:
  • [All] Maybe fixed some WAILA issues
  • DragonAPI: Made Potion and Biome ID conflict messages clearer and more like old item conflict messages
  • DragonAPI: Fixed update checker
  • DragonAPI: Fixed Forge 1205 dependency not being enforced
  • DragonAPI: Added power type registry
  • DragonAPI: Fixed sync packet player disconnects
  • DragonAPI: Added config to increase sound channel count to 256
  • DragonAPI: Fixed MagicCrop handler again
  • ChromatiCraft: Added crystal fence
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed leaf decay
  • ChromatiCraft: Added crystal element berries
  • ChromatiCraft: Reduced molten crystal output 16x
  • ChromatiCraft: Added item warp
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed ColorTreeGenerator StackOverflow again
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed accidental ReactorCraft dependency
  • ChromatiCraft: Added crystal beacon
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed geiger counter
  • ReactorCraft: Made radiation poisoning more lethal
  • ReactorCraft: Made radiation poisoning reduce jump ability
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed machine item offsets as held items
  • ReactorCraft: Added all canister types to creative inventory
  • ReactorCraft: Made nuclear waste not able to be dumped into the void
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed crystallizer ethanol exploit
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed render lag with bedrock breaker if mining head was thousands of blocks long
  • RotaryCraft: Bedrock breaker no longer can destroy blocks that are unbreakable and not bedrock
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed deco tank having blast resistance of obsidian
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed hydrokinetic game lockup
  • RotaryCraft: Added texture for bedrock hydrokinetics
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed some machines not connecting to bedrock pipes