What's new in modded minecraft today?

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
1 million tiny piles of plutonium means about 5-6 million uranium 238, if you are using IC² nuclear reactors to breed it.
That is 111111 plutonium ingots, that is not feasible at all.
I'm playing for 2 months on a server and got only 8 RTGs going (120 plutonium ingots), although i'm not really using nuclear as my main power source.

So chop that number by a factor of 10-100 and it should be good.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Speaking of IC2 addons.
JFBYGOW.png
I think I'm the first to use Baubles for Tech add a tech bauble. Put that in the history books. Super buggy though right now.

Last edited:

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but it seems like something that would impact the modded community very much.
QLKBhem.png
Hello everyone! As you may or may not have noticed from my signature, I have recently become the Project Lead for something called "PhoenixConfig." However, there has not been very much publicly available information on PhoenixConfig until now, because, we are releasing it. What is PhoenixConfig? It's a set of Modular scripts for Minetweaker that can be installed and run on any client, with little to no configuration.

The Concept:
The idea for PhoenixConfig was inspired by the old Universal Configs from the 1.6 era. However, with the new phasing out of item IDs, the Universal Configs were no longer needed.As well, everyone would be using the new item names, like <ThermalFoundation:bucket:2>; instead of everyone having a different item ID, like 456 or 7689. This gave rise to new possibilities.
I came up with the idea for PhoenixConfig while working on PhoenixCraft II. We had been planning on using Minetweaker to make Botania rely on Blood Magic and Blood Magic rely on Botania. We were also going to have scripts that would gate things like Archimedes' Ships behind Mekanism. I was struck by an idea then. Since each and every client is using the same item names, if they had the same mods installed, one could distribute Minetweaker scripts to literally anyone, and they would still be able to run them exactly the same. I figured that it would be simple to distribute these scripts as "modules" that people could install and run, without any dependency on other scripts. This would make it simple for people to create modpacks based around things, without having to go into the long process of creating their own Minetweaker scripts.
So, I assembled a team. We were going to work together to create as many of these modules as possible. Once we got a good amount, we would release the project to the public for anyone to download or expand upon.

The Library
Before we could get started on the modules, however, we needed to be able to reference all the items we were going to use in our scripts. But, as these modules would not be dependent on each other, we would have to go in and define every value each time we created a script. So, we had an idea. We decided to create a library file that contains pre-assigned values for any mod we'll use in our scripts. If we decided to make a new script with a new mod, we added values for the items from that mod into the library file. This file eventually contained values from quite a few mods that we could copy over into our scripts. The best part? You can use it too. If you ever need to make your own script, and don't want to go through the terrors of assigning your own values, you can just copy them over from our library. We give you complete permission to do so.

You can find the library here.

The Modular Scripts
Now, the part you've all been waiting for. The modular configs. This is what we made this project for. I'll go into a little detail about each of our existing configuration files, as well as it's author, before providing you with the download for that file. All of these scripts require Minetweaker and Modtweaker.
Archimedes' Ships - Mekanism
This script is a simple one, made by @Padfoote . All it does is gate the recipes for Archimedes' Ships behind Mekanism, requiring you to go at least a little into the tech tree before creating huge ships that fly about in the sky.
You can get it here.

Botania - Blood Magic
The original purpose for these configs, this script makes sure you need to use Blood Magic in order to obtain Botania items, and Botania to obtain Blood Magic items. This script was made by yours truly, @Gideonseymour .
You can get it here.

Botania - Witchery
This script, made by @Strikingwolf , is similar to the BM- BTN script. However, instead of making Botania rely on Blood Magic, it makes Botania rely on Witchery, and vice-versa! Don't worry, this is still compatible with the BM-BTN script. If installed with the BM-BTN script, the player can then choose whether to do Botania by playing with Witchery, or by playing with Blood Magic.
You can get it here.

Gendustry - Buildcraft
This script is by the fabulous @Padfoote . This script simply keeps a lot of the Gendustry items gated behind Buildcraft.
You can get it here.

Santa's Toys - Twilight Forest
Created by @SatanicSanta , this script simply makes it so that you have to go and kill some things in the Twilight Forest before you can create the Ender/Nether Blaster.
You can get it here.

Witchery - Twilight Forest
Like the ST - TF config, this script by @SatanicSanta aims to make sure you go adventuring in the Twilight Forest before getting too involved with Witchery.
You can get it here.

Extra Utilities - Mekanism
Once again by @Padfoote , this script is similar to the AS-MEK one. However, this only gates the Watering Can behind Mekanism.
You can get it here.

NOTE:

Creation of Modules
Do you think something is missing from these scripts? Want to add your own version for everyone to download? Feel free to create your own branch of the PhoenixConfig github and create your own scripts! If we think they're up to the standards, we will add those scripts to the main branch (with credit to you, of course). So get coding! We could use the help!

Support and Thanks
Hey! Do you want to help us make more of these modules? Well, the simplest way to help would be to add this code to your signature:
Code:
[url=http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/phoenixconfig-modular-configs-for-1-7-10.49511/][img]http://i.imgur.com/QLKBhem.png[/img][/url]
Produces:

We'd like to thank several people for helping, such as @ThomazM , who created the art, and our team members:

@Gideonseymour , Project Lead
@trajing , Admin
@Strikingwolf , Admin
@Qazplm601 , Admin
@Padfoote , Helper
@SatanicSanta , Helper
@Elec332 , Helper
@Not_Steve , Formatter

Other Things:
Github

And yes. You have complete permission to use and redistribute these scripts.

Apparently Strikingwolf is planning a custom mod that allows you to download and enable/disable these scripts from a GUI.