What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I dunno, I don't see any rings or necklaces, just the soldering station. You're the first to make a tech baubles mod, but I appear to be first to actually adding a bauble.

Just to note, this isn't going to be a bauble addon. Only happens when you have baubles installed. Mod comes with other things. Right now not many other things :p

baddaspig

Jul 29, 2019
I actually just released my mod, Quartz 'N' Steel 2, today. The link is in my signature.

In other news...

Tinkers Construct will not be getting armor after all. mDiyo is stopping adding new content to it, all he will be doing now is updating it to new versions.

Redpower 3 is coming soon (you probably already know that though).

Electrodynamics, a new tech mod made by CyanideX (yes, the same guy who made all those retextures for Buildcraft, MFR, Forestry, etc), is in development.

Reactions: Fixided

baddaspig

Jul 29, 2019
It was a limited rule aimed at people trying to rehost texturepacks and even server links and config packs behind adfly. We broadened it due to complaints about adfly serving up malware/viruses. Now its just a flat, "No adfly links on the forums" CurseForge, Dropbox etc type links are fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1408260973][/DOUBLEPOST]

We try. We don't catch all of them. But people that get caught doing that get banned. (Not the adfly part, the fake link part)
Is it ok if you link to a Minecraft Forum thread which has an ad link on it?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I actually just released my mod, Quartz 'N' Steel 2, today. The link is in my signature.

In other news...

Tinkers Construct will not be getting armor after all. mDiyo is stopping adding new content to it, all he will be doing now is updating it to new versions.

Redpower 3 is coming soon (you probably already know that though).

Electrodynamics, a new tech mod made by CyanideX (yes, the same guy who made all those retextures for Buildcraft, MFR, Forestry, etc), is in development.
XD i knew all of these ages ago.[DOUBLEPOST=1408321762][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is it ok if you link to a Minecraft Forum thread which has an ad link on it?
yes. just not to adfly itself.

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
Also, still working on some spiffy rendering ;)

JhLFD1Z.png

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Look at this AMAZING MOD!
Read the quote! Do it!

Player Proxies
ephys said:
Universal Interface
Exposes the IFluidHandler and I(Sided)Inventory interfaces from blocks (and some entities), allowing you to remotely access it's content.
Notes:
- Has special code to connect to jukeboxes, minecarts, players and the vanilla enderchest (place an enderchest ontop of the universal interface and link a player)
- No I won't add more than fluid handlers and inventories. You can't plug energy, essentia, pressure or whatever in it.
- Yes it's going to be nerfed in a future update (I don't know how I'll implement that yet. Probably upgrades ?)
- It doesn't work cross-dim (except for players). Maybe I'll add this in a future update too (another upgrade ?)

Now you've probably seen this in other mods already, and this one is pretty op so don't mind going to the config and disabling it.

Fluid diffuser
Plug a fluid pipe, have fun !
It will apply the fluid effects on the entities around it, it will consume power and the fluid.
Exemple use: Piping MFR milk in will apply the haste effect in a 8 blocks radius

Proximity sensor
I grew tired of placing a computer, labelizing it, placing an OpenCCSensor, pastegetting the startup program for each of my doors. So I made this simple block. It emits a redstone signal if it detects an entity nearby.

You can change the radius by (sneak)-right-clicking a side and you can define what, or who, the block should detect using a link wand.

Biome Scanner, Biome replicator
The biome scanner is just an interface which will give you a few details about where yoi placed it (biome type, temperature, rainfall, etc). It follows forestry's display for temperature and rainfall.
Additionaly, you can place a Biome signature handler (wither loot) in it to copy the biome you're in and replicate it somewhere else using the Biome Replicator (requires power)

Yes this is op, and you can disable it in the config.

Sylladex
It emulates a player's inventory. Which means the items in it /will/ tick.
Exemple use: repairing a TiCon tool, or really anything that requires being in the player inventory to apply it's effect. (TT's feline amulet is what made me want this. No more creepers exploding my chests now)

Gravitational field handler
Changes gravity level in it's field of action.
OpenPeripheral & OpenComputers integration is planned, it'll allow you to change the gravity level.

Shield
This is a complete ripoff from TF shields, of course you can disable them. There is also an option to overwrite the TF shield with this one.
It has only one more feature from the tf shields: it can be locked. Which means nothing will destroy this block until unlocked (you lock/unlock simply by right-clicking the face to lock).
What's the point of locking ? Well tools that destroy more than 1 block at a time won't be able to let your evil ennemies penetrate your carefully shielded base.

Fluid Hopper
It's a hopper. It moves fluids around.

Potion Diffuser
This was part of the fluid diffuser but I moved it to an item. It will auto-drink potions in your inventory. You find these in pyramids

The Omnibucket
To be honest, the fact that it can move around, pick up and place any fluid is more of a side effect than an intended feature because of the way I implemented this item.

You can bind it to any IFluidHandler and it will try to keep itself filled with the contents of that fluid handler each time you use it.
There is also a mode where it will try to keep itself emptied. (sneak + right click in the air to change mode, sneak + right click a fluid handler to bind).

The bucket connection has a 16 blocks radius (configurable) and doesn't work cross-dim (configurable)

Oh. And it will also insert and extract fluids from fluid handlers when you right click them. This is also a side effect and it's uber cool. You can finally take back that extra lava bucket you misplaced in your igneous extruder.

It requires dragonscale to craft, you can find that stuff in the end. By killing a ton of endermen (or one enderdragon).

DragonScale hoe
Turns dirt, grass, podzol and mycelium into coarse dirt.

Beacon
I rewrote the vanilla beacon. Instead of selecting what effect you get in a GUI, there is a recipe system where you place an item in the beacon and depending on the items in contains, it will apply positive and/or negative effect to the entites around it.

I plan on adding a way of discovering the recipes available but for now, if you can place an item in it, it means there is a recipe using that item.
Recipes unlock themselves depending on the beacon base size. Go ahead and try and place sugar in the beacon.
You can insert up to 4 items (that doesn't mean you will have 4 effects though). You can also use coal blocks as a beacon base. Except I doubt you'll like what you get if you do that.

Yeah that's a bit complicated, this block is more or less still a work in progress. I also plan of moving the recipes to a config file so you can freely add or remove some.

Config file
Almost everything can be disabled.
Most of the things are configurable.

Textures
Most of my textures are ugly, a few people helped me on that already but there is still a lot of work to do. If you ever want to change the textures in the mod itself, please fell free to contact me

Screenshot said:
Oh, @CyanideX the author says he's bad at making textures....
So... If you wouldn't mine (It's a pun)
Retexture please?
===================================================================

Remember Xychorium Soil?
Here's a mod that does the same exact thing (More or less)

Plant Growth Accelerator
This mod adds a single block, the Plant Growth Accelerator. It makes plants grow faster by sending random ticks to the plants above it. So if you stack several PGA's, one on top of the other, place a block of dirt, hoe it and place seeds on it, the wheat will grow at a significantly faster rate. This works for all vanilla plants (nether wart, potatoes, cactus, melons, etc...) but I'm not sure if it'll work with stuff like Natura's cotton seeds or Magical Crops' stuff.
Screeenshot said:
j2lVHF4.png
[/quote ]

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 18h
Like seriously, how did it come out this adorable? I promise I was trying to make it scary.

RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 18h
Texture is half-finished by the way.

Tempted to rename the Manticores, "Mantekitties" pic.twitter.com/AXZ48j1apt

RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 4h
In other news, the mice now spawn in long grass and run away from the player. Planning to have Mantekitties hunt them for food.[DOUBLEPOST=1408326450][/DOUBLEPOST]
Remember Xychorium Soil?
Here's a mod that does the same exact thing (More or less)

Plant Growth Accelerator
"This mod adds a single block, the Plant Growth Accelerator. It makes plants grow faster by sending random ticks to the plants above it. So if you stack several PGA's, one on top of the other, place a block of dirt, hoe it and place seeds on it, the wheat will grow at a significantly faster rate. This works for all vanilla plants (nether wart, potatoes, cactus, melons, etc...) but I'm not sure if it'll work with stuff like Natura's cotton seeds or Magical Crops' stuff."

Nice I've bin hopeing someone would nick that function.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
This is a good thing, in my opinion. Even though the Traveller's gear is amazing, I don't think it fits too well with the rest of the content in TCon, so maybe this whole thing will inspire someone to come out and release a modular and customizable armor mod that isn't focused on powersuits.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
This is a good thing, in my opinion. Even though the Traveller's gear is amazing, I don't think it fits too well with the rest of the content in TCon, so maybe this whole thing will inspire someone to come out and release a modular and customizable armor mod that isn't focused on powersuits.

Someone already did. It's the force armor from Dartcraft. :)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That's not the same.

Not the same? As what an armor that douse not exist?
It's armor it's modular and customizable.
That's what you described.
It can so anything you might want tcon armor to do.
The only difference is the balance and power.
Force armor is somewhat simpaler to set up and power up. But will never be as strong. (Equals iron armor) And that's not a bad thing.
Tcon armor would require you to dump in loads or resources. But have the potential to be stupidly strong. And as one you get to a specific point in the game resources are not a problem it would be way OP. It would be over the OP.
Way stronger than anything would need to be. Unless you are planing on facing some of the ore spawn mobs.

Take a look at the blood magic armor. By the amount of effort it takes to make it's actually well balanced. Also godly. Ditto the Thaumcraft armor.

There is no way to make a good armor that's also remotely balanced using the TCON mechanic.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Force armor is somewhat simpaler to set up and power up. But will never be as strong. (Equals iron armor) And that's not a bad thing.
Tcon armor would require you to dump in loads or resources. But have the potential to be stupidly strong. And as one you get to a specific point in the game resources are not a problem it would be way OP. It would be over the OP.
Way stronger than anything would need to be. Unless you are planing on facing some of the ore spawn mobs.

Take a look at the blood magic armor. By the amount of effort it takes to make it's actually well balanced. Also godly. Ditto the Thaumcraft armor.

There is no way to make a good armor that's also remotely balanced using the TCON mechanic.
RED thread people, RED thread.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always

Before you can call something OP, or Overpowered, you first need to define what is 'powered' for it to be over. The term is inherently subjective based on an individual's perspective, and one which might not be universally shared.

Calling anything OP as an objective statement is just as bad a fallacy as calling anything inherently 'good' or 'evil' as an objective statement. It's a subjective term defined by the individual using it.

Name a pack for which it would be OP and you might at least have a case for debate, as to if it fits in the pack or it does not. But at least then you would have some basis for comparison. As the statement stands, however, you are, in effect, dividing by zero. You are making a referential statement without any point of reference to define it.