What weird cross-mod combos have you found?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The Extra Utils watering can, OpenBlocks sprinkler, and Reliquary's Lillypad of Fertility all work in conjunction with each other to make incredibly quick farms. I got a 3x3 to generate approx. 676 vanilla saplings an hour (plus thousands of wood blocks). I showed it's creation on my LP series, for those that want to see it in action.
Try adding a TC4 Lamp of growth system to that, they're insanely effective

The fun cross mod combo I'm using involves powering my blood magic by standing in lava while wearing the TT Legs of the Burning Mantle

Reactions: Mevansuto

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Try adding a TC4 Lamp of growth system to that, they're insanely effective

The fun cross mod combo I'm using involves powering my blood magic by standing in lava while wearing the TT Legs of the Burning Mantle

Thanks for the tip; I'm not working TC this map (least not yet, the research is just so tedious for me), but I know folks on the server that ARE working it...I'll see if I can bribe out a lamp for myself.

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
I used used spronklers from open blocks to get grass to grow and then MFR harvestor to break the grass and have it turned into biofuel. power from grass.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
*whistle*
what biome is that? lava lake?
Volcano biome, but using the ATG world type. ATG makes them into an actual mountain with the volcano biome just as the caldera, instead of a basalt spike that's only 20 meters (or so) across. ATG is pretty resource-heavy, but I use it in all my worlds now. It just looks so much better, IMO.

I think it's not on fire because of the cobble gen thing. It's stopping it from touching the actual lava.
Hm, good point. You'd think it would spread like it does to trees, but I guess having obsidian just below the oil is enough to block it.

penguin055

Jul 29, 2019
Once I put DRPG into FTB Ultimate. Veeeerry laggy. Once I played with DRPG, Harvestcraft, Metallurgy, Xtra Biomes XL, and I think a few others that I forgot.

Blue Sky

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that the Steel Leaf tools from Twilight Forest can be placed in an Auto-Disenchanter from MFR to take the inherent enchants they get and put it on a book. You can then copy that book with the Printing Press from Extra Utilities Bibliocraft.

Edit: Thanks for the correction, Dravarden!

Last edited:

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that the Steel Leaf tools from Twilight Forest can be placed in an Auto-Disenchanter from MFR to take the inherent enchants they get and put it on a book. You can then copy that book with the Printing Press from Extra Utilities.

printing press from bibliocraft

Reactions: Padfoote

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
A few odd ones.

MFR to make discs from plastic and paper for renewable lucrum aspect from thaumcraft means unlimited gold/silver transmutation so I can convert all of that useless lead into silver.(factorization gives you a lot of lead when processing silver)

The infernal furnace combined with dartcraft(chunks) or factorization(without crystalizer) gives a ~ 2.7 return on ore which is nice.

Blood magic's lava crystal centralizes fuel production for any 'smelting' operation like the alchemical furnace or the slag furnace.

The autonomous activator can be used to fill buckets (and presumably other things) somewhat quickly when used on harvestcraft's water sources like the sink.

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
A few odd ones.

MFR to make discs from plastic and paper for renewable lucrum aspect from thaumcraft means unlimited gold/silver transmutation so I can convert all of that useless lead into silver.(factorization gives you a lot of lead when processing silver)

Can you elaborate on this? What discs can MFR make?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. Raw Plastic + Paper = Blank Record

TimeBlossom

Jul 29, 2019
Bit of necromancy, but better than firing up a new topic I guess; this is kind of a fun discussion anyway.

So: I just discovered that you can duplicate a silly amount of absolutely everything using MFR and Ars Magica 2. Steps are as follows:

1. Get a zombie to pick up whatever you want to duplicate.
2. Catch the zombie in a safari net and pop it in the MFR auto-spawner.
3. Spawn it with "spawn exact copy" on.
4. Disarm it using an AM2 disarm spell.

After that, the zombie might immediately pick the item up again, but it doesn't really matter; by that point, the item counts as a pickup rather than spawned-with equipment, so the zombie will drop it anyway when you kill it. I imagine you could automate this with casters, but you don't really need to because...

*drumroll*

Zombies pick up backpacks. Which means that you can duplicate an entire inventory's worth of stuff every time you spawn a zombie in. I'm sure you can see how the returns rapidly start to accelerate given this little factoid.

As silly as it is, I'm considering making an emergency supply zombie to kit me out if unexpected death happens. :p

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Bit of necromancy, but better than firing up a new topic I guess; this is kind of a fun discussion anyway.

So: I just discovered that you can duplicate a silly amount of absolutely everything using MFR and Ars Magica 2. Steps are as follows:

1. Get a zombie to pick up whatever you want to duplicate.
2. Catch the zombie in a safari net and pop it in the MFR auto-spawner.
3. Spawn it with "spawn exact copy" on.
4. Disarm it using an AM2 disarm spell.

After that, the zombie might immediately pick the item up again, but it doesn't really matter; by that point, the item counts as a pickup rather than spawned-with equipment, so the zombie will drop it anyway when you kill it. I imagine you could automate this with casters, but you don't really need to because...

*drumroll*

Zombies pick up backpacks. Which means that you can duplicate an entire inventory's worth of stuff every time you spawn a zombie in. I'm sure you can see how the returns rapidly start to accelerate given this little factoid.

As silly as it is, I'm considering making an emergency supply zombie to kit me out if unexpected death happens. :p
Better yet, unless it has been changed you can duplicate the luggage from...some mod or the traveling trunk from Thaumic Tinkerer? MFR will dupe the whole thing inventory included. Again unless this has been changed, it might be on a blacklist by now.

Reactions: RedBoss

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I like making a bunch of Gravity guns and supercharging them with Extra Utilities' Division Sigils or the Twilight Forest portal. After that, i use the Twilight Forest's Uncrafting Table to make a bunch of Nether Stars for Tinkers' Construct modifiers.

Finding extra uses for the Nether stars are harder than making them.
If you need uses for nether stars, look at extra utility's nether star generator.

TimeBlossom

Jul 29, 2019
Better yet, unless it has been changed you can duplicate the luggage from...some mod or the traveling trunk from Thaumic Tinkerer? MFR will dupe the whole thing inventory included. Again unless this has been changed, it might be on a blacklist by now.
Oh, that's pretty cool! And actually... I haven't played around with the traveling trunk yet, but that gives me a cool automation idea, if it would actually work.

What I'm thinking is: use a disarm caster rune to make the zombies drop the luggage, suck them into a dark nexus to kill them, pick up the dropped trunk with a filtered item collector, and have a deployer or some such thing place it in the world–where it too is sucked into the dark nexus, killing it so that its content can be collected by a non-filtered item collector. Natch, the dark nexus would be fueling the caster rune to keep that bit going.

And come to think of it, I wonder, would an XP drain from openblocks work on a brain in a jar? And if so, does openblocks liquid XP count as MFR liquid essence? Oh, and you could use a caliometric burner fed by dropped zombie flesh to generate power for the spawner, if it could keep up...

Oh dear, this is getting complicated. :D

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that's pretty cool! And actually... I haven't played around with the traveling trunk yet, but that gives me a cool automation idea, if it would actually work.

What I'm thinking is: use a disarm caster rune to make the zombies drop the luggage, suck them into a dark nexus to kill them, pick up the dropped trunk with a filtered item collector, and have a deployer or some such thing place it in the world–where it too is sucked into the dark nexus, killing it so that its content can be collected by a non-filtered item collector. Natch, the dark nexus would be fueling the caster rune to keep that bit going.

And come to think of it, I wonder, would an XP drain from openblocks work on a brain in a jar? And if so, does openblocks liquid XP count as MFR liquid essence? Oh, and you could use a caliometric burner fed by dropped zombie flesh to generate power for the spawner, if it could keep up...

Oh dear, this is getting complicated. :D

The vacuum hopper can suck up xp orbs if configured to have an xp output. Removes the brain in the jar middle man. Vacuum hoppers will also suck up items