What weird cross-mod combos have you found?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drkevlar

Jul 29, 2019
With the wonderful suggestion of the caliometric burner (CB), i've found a nice early/mid game power and bread source:

1x Barley -> 1x barley flour -> bread
Bread last 50 seconds in the CB.

My farm uses:
- 3 activators
- 1 harvester
- 1 watering can
- 1 crafty turtle
- 1 lava powered heater
- 2 vanilla furnaces
- 2 hoppers
- 1 hopperduct
- 8 itemducts (3 servos)
- 1 water boiler
- 1 caliometric burner
- 1 steam dynamo
- 2 chests

While i'm typing this, my overflow chest is getting stuffed with bread and barley seeds :)
I could post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Edit: forgot caliometric burner in the list :p

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
With the wonderful suggestion of the caliometric burner (CB), i've found a nice early/mid game power and bread source:

1x Barley -> 1x barley flour -> bread
Bread last 50 seconds in the CB.

My farm uses:
- 3 activators
- 1 harvester
- 1 watering can
- 1 crafty turtle
- 1 lava powered heater
- 2 vanilla furnaces
- 2 hoppers
- 1 hopperduct
- 8 itemducts (3 servos)
- 1 water boiler
- 1 caliometric burner
- 1 steam dynamo
- 2 chests

While i'm typing this, my overflow chest is getting stuffed with bread and barley seeds :)
I could post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Edit: forgot caliometric burner in the list :p

i'm playing with a similar setup, refining my zombie fueled boiler array.

right now i'm playing with Atomic Science 3x3 turbines. so far a small bank of 10 water boilers and 5 calio's arranged in rows, with the calios between, will supply 4 3x3 turbines with a small excess steam.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Idk if you can still do this, but I used to make an automatic tree farm with either computer craft or forestry, and have all the wood smelted into charcoal.

I then used a mod to turn charcoal into coal (may have been EE)

Then I put all my coal through the IC machines and turned the coal into diamonds.

Tada! Renewable resource of diamonds.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I was going through my NEI of my own mod compilation and saw there was a recipe for 1 Charcoal Block = 1 Coal (not block, just a piece of coal) recipe. Not sure where the recipe came from or I might just seeing it wrong. :/

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
apparently atomic science turbines will run off of meat or pink slime, it doesn't care which.
vtb3.png

so... i'm going to cut out the steam middle man, and run my turbines off of villager meat. :evilmustache:

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I was going through my NEI of my own mod compilation and saw there was a recipe for 1 Charcoal Block = 1 Coal (not block, just a piece of coal) recipe. Not sure where the recipe came from or I might just seeing it wrong. :/

I believe Mekanism adds that recipe

Reactions: PierceSG

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
apparently atomic science turbines will run off of meat or pink slime, it doesn't care which.
vtb3.png

so... i'm going to cut out the steam middle man, and run my turbines off of villager meat. :evilmustache:
That villager killing factory looks evil.
I like it!

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recall the MFR slaughterhouse working on villagers or even baby animals. Is that a config option?

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
The Extra Utils watering can, OpenBlocks sprinkler, and Reliquary's Lillypad of Fertility all work in conjunction with each other to make incredibly quick farms. I got a 3x3 to generate approx. 676 vanilla saplings an hour (plus thousands of wood blocks). I showed it's creation on my LP series, for those that want to see it in action.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
Not too strange really, but using Rotarycraft bucket filler for Factorization mixer, all connected with Thermal Expansion ducts and covered up with forge microblock covers. really nice to get that stuff automated and encapsulated.

Would have loved to automate the crystallizers aswell though :S

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
This might seem really obvious but...

Ars2 heal spells trivialize Blood Magic (once you get fast healing perk).

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i wonder how i could've missed this thread earlier.. anyway you can check my sig for non conventional ore processing :)

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a "you can build this" combo, but I just found this while playing around in Tech World 2 (with ATG worldgen)...

WeJK66w.png
I would call that a weird cross-mod combo.

I went into creative and swam down to the bottom. Apparently, Buildcraft oil acts exactly like water at least in terms of contacting lava. The shaft is lined with obsidian, and the bottom is mostly obsidian with a little cobble mixed in.

The lowest point of the base is at y=11 (and is a pretty sizable spheroid) and the tip is at y=239. That's one hell of an oil well, with plenty of lava for fuel as well.

But it should be ON FIRE.

EDIT: That was one heck of a lag spike when it generated, too... imagine a 228-block high column of water turning 9 blocks of lava into obsidian on each vertical level, PLUS the big spheroid at the bottom. I was typing up a bug report while I waited for the game to crash out, then this appeared.

Last edited:

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a "you can build this" combo, but I just found this while playing around in Tech World 2 (with ATG worldgen)...

WeJK66w.png

I went into creative and swam down to the bottom. Apparently, Buildcraft oil acts exactly like water at least in terms of contacting lava. The shaft is lined with obsidian, and the bottom is mostly obsidian with a little cobble mixed in.

The lowest point of the base is at y=11 (and is a pretty sizable spheroid) and the tip is at y=239. That's one hell of an oil well, with plenty of lava for fuel as well.

EDIT: That was one heck of a lag spike when it generated, too... imagine a 228-block high column of water turning 9 blocks of lava into obsidian on each vertical level, PLUS the big spheroid at the bottom. I was typing up a bug report while I waited for the game to crash out, then this appeared.
I think it's not on fire because of the cobble gen thing. It's stopping it from touching the actual lava.

Reactions: Esheon

eric167

Jul 29, 2019

WeJK66w.png

*whistle*
what biome is that? lava lake?