What weird cross-mod combos have you found?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
And come to think of it, I wonder, would an XP drain from openblocks work on a brain in a jar? And if so, does openblocks liquid XP count as MFR liquid essence? Oh, and you could use a caliometric burner fed by dropped zombie flesh to generate power for the spawner, if it could keep up...

Liquid XP and MFR essence are not interchangeable, just as a warning.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
They should be....

Eh, it's debatable. I'm glad they aren't, as with how easy it is to get Liquid XP through things like essence berries, it would make auto spawners trivial to setup and maintain.

Reactions: psp

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be good if immibis' lxp and open blocks lxp were interchangeable but mfr mob essence is sufficiently different (owing mainly to the autospawning) that I don't agree that it should be convertible with other liquid xp fluids

TimeBlossom

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, was testing it all out in creative and figured out the non-convertibility thing (which I don't have much of an opinion on). Thanks for the heads-up, though! And for the info on vacuum hoppers in general, as I hadn't used them before. They're pretty neat!

And for any curious parties: it should come as little to no surprise that the brain in a jar does not work with an xp drain. Vacuum hopper would've worked fine anyway, but 'tis a pity nonetheless, as I personally would've found it a bit hilarious. :p

Also, alas, the dark nexus does not consider the luggage to be a killable entity, and the traveling trunk can't be picked up with its contents normally. You can pick it up with an entity mover, but I'm having a bit of trouble keeping full movers in the activator and pulling empty ones out of it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid XP and MFR essence are not interchangeable, just as a warning.
Well there's Open Blocks Liquid XP (the rip off version) & immibis' original LiquidXP mod. The immibis version is or at least can be with configs, compatible with MFR mob essence. Though iirc there's a few conversion steps.

Sorry for the soap box but immibis got urinated on when they completely ripped off his mod and got popular.

Last edited:

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Guess which entity has a cheap crafting recipe, is killable by the grinder and the dark nexus (generating mob essence or dark essence), drops itself as an item when killed, is deployable in world by at least the autonomous activator and evokes feels in at least half of fans of the portal game franchise.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Guess which entity has a cheap crafting recipe, is killable by the grinder and the dark nexus (generating mob essence or dark essence), drops itself as an item when killed, is deployable in world by at least the autonomous activator and evokes feels in at least half of fans of the portal game franchise.
Oh gods, please tell me turrets are not...all those things you said.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
hmm, Do they work with Blood magic? I might have to test that.

I'm seeing infinite LP generation as a possibility here with a little bit of work. Nothing like witches, but more fun to setup.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
The well of suffering does seem to kill them(haven't seen if it gives LP yet, need to set up a better experimental area) but I don't think it would be viable, they only take one hit of damage before they 'die'.

TimeBlossom

Jul 29, 2019
If they give LP it might still be viable regardless; item collectors / vacuum hoppers and an activator would keep their downtime pretty low, especially if you have a few of them set up.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I don't think they are giving LP, at least I was experiencing something weird. It would look like there was LP forming in the altar and the divination sigil would say it had 30 LP, then it would be back to 0. There are no drains on this altar, nothing is in it and no particle effects appear if I have something like Stone or a slate in there. It might be a sinc issue or another mod not playing nice.

TimeBlossom

Jul 29, 2019
Well, popping one in a Smeltery yields blood (there's another use for you!), so presumably they have blood... but no life. Which would kind of make sense, really. If you think about it. :p

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So.. Grinder in front of a turret + pipe to autonomous activator = infinite mob essence?

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
So.. Grinder in front of a turret + pipe to autonomous activator = infinite mob essence?
I think that this would be possible yes, although I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see the turret blacklisted from the grinder and perhaps other mob killing devices. If it is possible to have the turret killable by the grinder but it doesn't drop another turret then I hope that is the path taken. Turrets are practically renewable anyway with a golem farm, a witch farm and an obsidian generator so creating an infinite supply is not impossible (and maybe a bit more fun than recycling the same one over and over again, just my opinion though).

I can't be the only one who wants to set up a turret manufacture and redemption line. (In 1.5 I tested the ability of a turtle to place a turret on a conveyor belt, successfully)

Reactions: hiroshi42

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I think that this would be possible yes, although I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see the turret blacklisted from the grinder and perhaps other mob killing devices. If it is possible to have the turret killable by the grinder but it doesn't drop another turret then I hope that is the path taken. Turrets are practically renewable anyway with a golem farm, a witch farm and an obsidian generator so creating an infinite supply is not impossible (and maybe a bit more fun than recycling the same one over and over again, just my opinion though).

I can't be the only one who wants to set up a turret manufacture and redemption line. (In 1.5 I tested the ability of a turtle to place a turret on a conveyor belt, successfully)

Hoping two months isn't too bad a necro but ...
You have just made my day! This is hilarious. Poor little turrets though. Feel kinda bad.

Reactions: YX33A