What weird cross-mod combos have you found?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the combiner from mekanism with the extractor from rotarcraft to make infinite lapis, but at the expense of energy and cobblestone.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
My current favorite is a force wrench on a TC4 node. Picks it right up nice and easy like.
You can also put a Atomic Science large steam turbine on top of a boiler and it runs at max capacity.
A rapier from TiC dominates AM2/Twilight bosses. Very useful.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft's extractor + Certus Quartz Ore = ridiculous output. Not only does it have the whole "5 steps, chance to double at each step" thing going on, but it also for some reason gives 3(!) Certus Quartz at the output stage. Either one would be better than any other option, but together it just eliminates any shortage of Certus.

Oddly enough, what I'm short on now is...coal.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
My current favorite is a force wrench on a TC4 node. Picks it right up nice and easy like.
You can also put a Atomic Science large steam turbine on top of a boiler and it runs at max capacity.
A rapier from TiC dominates AM2/Twilight bosses. Very useful.

Force wrench in and of itself lends to unintended consequences...which, strangely enough, would be the ultimate band name. "AND NOW, INTRODUCTING UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES, AND THE LEAD SINGER, JON "BAD CHOICES" JOHNSON".

Fee free to change the singers name to fit the person in your life that deserves it.

Reactions: BreezyTaco

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
I personally love the Caliometric Burner (Heater?) from Factorization to generate steam from an MFR carrot farm. That steam can then produce EU, MJ or RF

Can you elaborate on this? I have a ton of wheat/barley that I'd love to turn into RF, but I thought RF can only be converted to MJ, not the other way around? Are you using another mod that lets you do that?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Can you elaborate on this? I have a ton of wheat/barley that I'd love to turn into RF, but I thought RF can only be converted to MJ, not the other way around? Are you using another mod that lets you do that?
Steam can be piped into any steam consumer like the steam dynamo, steam engine, or steam turbine. So you are not converting MJ into RF you are producing RF or MJ or EU or factorization charge from steam produced by the caliometric thingus (or steam produced by most mods).

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
Steam can be piped into any steam consumer like the steam dynamo, steam engine, or steam turbine. So you are not converting MJ into RF you are producing RF or MJ or EU or factorization charge from steam produced by the caliometric thingus (or steam produced by most mods).

Right, but isn't the steam dynamo the only one that outputs RF? And it requires solid fuel so it's out. The Facorization turbine is Charge and the Railcraft steam engines are MJ right?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Right, but isn't the steam dynamo the only one that outputs RF? And it requires solid fuel so it's out. The Facorization turbine is Charge and the Railcraft steam engines are MJ right?
The steam dynamo acts like a hobbyist's steam engine in that you can either supply it with solid fuel or with steam.
factorization charge is produced from a turbine
MJ is produced from any of the steam engines available or converted from RF via conduits
EU is produced by a turbine

Reactions: PierceSG

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
You can pump steam into the steam dynamos in addition to feeding them solid fuel. So you can have a RC boiler or Factorization steam producers (like the solar farms or caliometric burners) make steam which you can pump into TE steam dynamos (RF), RC engines (MJ), RC turbines (EU) or Factorization turbines (charge).

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Force wrench in and of itself lends to unintended consequences...which, strangely enough, would be the ultimate band name. "AND NOW, INTRODUCTING UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES, AND THE LEAD SINGER, JON "BAD CHOICES" JOHNSON".

Fee free to change the singers name to fit the person in your life that deserves it.
That's it, I'm naming my band Unintended Consequences.
Although I play the bass...

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
That's it, I'm naming my band Unintended Consequences.
Although I play the bass...
Bass?

Bass_player.JPG

Reactions: BreezyTaco

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I personally love the Caliometric Burner (Heater?) from Factorization to generate steam from an MFR carrot farm. That steam can then produce EU, MJ or RF

c...carrot farm? >.>

*hides my villager breeding facility that feeds into a zombification facility*

i'm in the middle of putting engineers toolbox piezos on the floor of the nursery chamber, so i can at least get some power out of the little guys while waiting for them to grow up and into their destiny.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
c...carrot farm? >.>

*hides my villager breeding facility that feeds into a zombification facility*

i'm in the middle of putting engineers toolbox piezos on the floor of the nursery chamber, so i can at least get some power out of the little guys while waiting for them to grow up and into their destiny.
That's just awful... :eek:

I want pictures. :D

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
That's just awful... :eek:

I want pictures. :D

let me see if i can revive the pack, otherwise i can make you a mock-up. it's pretty hilarious to watch it all work, if you're of the same mindset as i am anyway. the wife hates it when i play minecraft, because things like this happen. :p

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Oh super fast steam movement

force wrench + autonomous activator + drum + AE item movement = OP

Edit: any liquid for that matter

Gizmit

Jul 29, 2019
Farlanders + Gany's End + Gany's Nether + TE + Wireless Redstone

Farlanders gives you Endstone in the overworld. Use the endstone with your own head (though any head may work) to create an Inventory Binder. Put an item duct system on the binder powered by lava. Blacklist your inventory bar's items in the TE duct system. Use wireless redstone to remote turn the ducts on and off. Dump cobble into a Volcanic Furnace to create lava to power the whole thing.

Everything you mine is instantly processed and sorted without an AE system.